Update by user Jul 11

EDWARDS & SONS REMODELING INC...DO NOT HIRE!

Original review posted by user Jul 08

I needed a tarp put on my roof to stop leaks until I could get a new roof. I had already purchased the tarps. Michael Edwards called to give me an estimate and said it would take him around 2 hours and it was going to be $160. Well, he was the only one that offered to do the job so I said okay. I told him that I had the roof nails. That morning I text him to tell him that I couldn't find the nails. He had just pulled up and said he didn't get my message. So he said he would come back the next day. I offered to pay him $25 since he had to come back.

So, after 1 hour, he calls me and said he will do it that same day afternoon because he didn't want to come back the next morning. When he got here, he put the ladder up, went on the roof, laid the tarp, nailed it down. It took him less than 1/2 hour. I asked him if he was going to put boards down (like he told me when he gave me the price) to secure it and he told me that it didn't need it, the nails would hold it. He charged me $200 for 25 mins. of work, a box of nails, and the $25 I said I would pay him. I looked at him and asked if he felt right about charging me $200 for such little work and he said that anyone else would have charged me the same. I couldn't argue because the work was done.

Well, within the next few days we had heavy winds and rain and all of the corners came up and the other nails are coming up. I called him and texted him 4 times. He won't return my calls. Now, I have a tarp that wasn't put down right, is coming loose, and I'm out $200.

I told him from the start that I was on disability so money was tight. He just saw an older woman who lives alone...so I guess he thought he could take advantage.....which he did! It's people like this that makes it look bad for others in the profession. I will NEVER trust another handyman again!

Review about: Roof Repair.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments