DO NOT USE JUSTIN (LITO) RIVAS (J&R REFINISHING) 15116 PARTHENIA STREET UNIT #103, NORTH HILLS, CALIFORNIA 91343 CELLULAR PHONE NUMBER: (818) 481-0353 EMAIL ADDRESS: CREYM@YAHOO.COM

19 of 8736 Other Company reviews

Regarding: Very Serious Complaint Against Justin (Lito) Rivas, Illegal And Unlicensed Contractor

Back in the year of 2015, I had hired an Illegal and Unlicensed Contractor who took Full Advantage Of Me And Demanded $102,019.75 dollars to be paid upfront in order to have a second floor built in my home.

Previous to 2015, I did hire the Same, Exact Contractor to do other Additional Work To My Home and Believe It or Not, It Got Done, however, This Time Around, It Was Completely Different!

Sadly, this contractor Never Got Anything Done, nor was anything ever signed off and/or approved by Mr. John Jaegers, Senior Building Inspector from the Los Angeles Department Of Building And Safety (213) 252-3964 (john.jaegers@lacity.org) and one day very late last year,

Mr. Justin (Lito) Rivas, the Illegal and Unlicensed Contractor just walked off the job and Never Finished Anything and Never Returned The Money That He Had Stolen!

At this point, I am very angry and upset over the Fraud that this man has committed towards ME that right now, I Not Only Have Reported Him To The CSLB (Contractors State License Board) and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service), but I am Now Going Public With My Complaint On Social Media To Let Other Homeowners Out There Know That This Person, Mr. Justin (Lito) Rivas Is An Illegal And Unlicensed Contractor Who Should Not Be Allowed To Do Any Kind Of Handyman And/Or Construction Jobs Until He Pays Me Back All Of The Money That He Had Stolen From Me!

In Addition To Stealing My Money And Not Doing Any Work, He Also Kept This Unearned Money and NEVER Reported It To The Internal Revenue Service As Income Received, nor did He File Any Income Taxes Based On That Money as well, including Not Having His Employees File Any Income Taxes for the Money That They Had Illegally Received from this person.

Enclosed, below, please find the list of documents that I have submitted to the CSLB Contractors State License Board and to the IRS Internal Revenue Service for your review and further reference.

1) Cover Page (2) Page

2) Complaint Form (2) Pages

3) Cover Page Filed With The Internal Revenue Service (3) Pages

4) Lead Referral - Active Project Site (1) Page

5) Invoices Paid For NO Work Done At All (25) Pages

6) Complaint Letter To HomeAdvisor, Inc. (5) Pages

7) Other Documents (4) Pages

8) Form 3949-A Information Referral Form Filled Out And Filed With The Internal Revenue Service Against The Contractor (3) Pages

9) Complaint Filed Against The Contractor With The Superior Court Of The State Of California For The County Of Los Angeles Case Number: # BC631431 (7) Pages

10) Summons (Citation Judicial) (4) Pages

11) Building Permit (1) Page

12) Signed Contract Payment Schedule (2) Pages

13) Estimate (6) Pages

14) Pictures & YouTube Video (1) Page

Please NOTE: If You Would Like To View The YouTube Video Of What The House Looked Like From The Way That It Was Left From The Old, Illegal, Unlicensed Contractor Mentioned Above Before We Hired Watson Builders, The Licensed Construction Company That Took Over,

then please visit:

Enclosed, in my review, please find a Copy Of The Seven (7) Page Lawsuit That Was Filed In The Superior Court Of The State Of California For The County Of Los Angeles Case Number # BC631431 For Your Reference And Further Review. Thank You.

If worst comes to worst with this case such as Not Being Able To Recover Any Of My Money, then I would like to File Criminal Charges Against Him for Grand Fraud and/or Grand Theft and have him Serve A Severe Prison Sentence for what he did to me and Most Likely To Other Victims As Well!

I did hear that The CSLB (Contractors State License Board) Can Refer The Case Over To The District Attorney's Office For Further Legal Processing And/Or Prosecution.

I think that would Not Be Such A Bad Idea After All!

Anyway, I am presently going through the Legal Process and so far I can tell You that the Legal Department Of Homeadvisor.com Of Where He Was Previously Advertising Has Removed All Of His Advertisements from their website.

Please NOTE: All That I Can Say And Advise Is To Only Hire California State Licensed Contractors And Verify Their License On The CSLB (Contractors State License Board) website which is: http://www.cslb.ca.gov so that You Do Not Get Ripped Off And Screwed Over Like In The Way That I Have!

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Howard Paul Shore

Fraud Victim Caused By Justin (Lito) Rivas From J&R Refinishing

/HPS

Enclosures: Please See The Attachments For Seven (7) Pages Of Filed Court Documents For The Lawsuit Against Justin (Lito) Rivas For Your Reference And Further Review. Thank You.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • He stole all of my 102019 and kept it all
    • He never did any of the work from start to finish
    • He never returned any of my money
    • He took on a job that was not qualified to do
    • You should not use him

Reason of review:
Justin (Lito) Rivas Stole All Of My $102,019.75 And Never Did Any Work And Kept All Of The Money And Took Off!
Preferred solution:
Justin Lito Rivas Unlicensed Contractor
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #949625 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Other Company? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 8736 Other Company reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.