1.6

First American Home Warranty - Dishwasher repair takes 6 weeks

Our Dishwasher was not working properly and the dishes were not cleaned. Service tech came out and diagnosed that the control panel was damaged and the motor assembly (motor, impeller and seals) needed replacement.

FAHW decided they should review to see if it would be better to replace the entire dishwasher. This took a week, when they decided not to replace it, but order parts. We were told the parts would arrive in another week, but they would schedule the repair tech for the day after the scheduled arrival date. Of course they did not do that.

When the parts arrived, I again called FAHW and they said no appointment had been scheduled even though the record showed they had promised to do this. So we waited another week for the repair tech to finally arrive. When he opened the box's of parts that were ordered, there was no impeller and no seal kit for the motor. How do you order an electric motor for a dishwasher with no seals?

So here we are still waiting after 6 weeks for a dishwasher repair. I am currently still waiting to talk to a supervisor 45 minutes into this phone call, of which there have probably been at least 10 for this simple issue..

Read

How much does a dishwasher cost? Rather than endure this torture, would you advise others in similar situations to bypass the home warranty, and purchase a new dishwasher yourself?

Sadly, electronic components have made every machine in our lives more disposable than ever. Our cars, coffee makers, HVAC units, refrigerators, etc. are shorter-lived than ever, and increasingly flaky. Add a home warranty service plan to the mix, and you can see what happens.

It’s because they do not pay the contractors what these parts will cost said contractor, and the machine can’t be repaired without these specific, expensive, special order parts. If you can’t order and pay for the part yourself, it is time to scrap the appliance and get a new one. Home warranties are completely worthless because the money is not there to obtain the parts and pay for the labor too. It would add up to more than the machine is worth.

Therefore you will get the runaround. The contractor employed by any home warranty co has to keep the costs down by absorbing them for the warranty co, or else hewont get any more business from them.

The only time it works out to anyone’s advantage is if no parts are needed. Electronic component failures require complicated parts, so when they fail, it’s time to get a new appliance.

GranularIbis773
Tags
  • 6 Weeks For Dishwasher Repair
I liked
People are very nice to talk to
I didn’t like
Completely ineffective, Long hours of waiting on the phone, Bad service wait a long time for service they dont care, How long it takes to get a small appliance replaced
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1437440 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Home Shield - India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka? How about American English call centers?

This dishwasher repair has gone on to its third month. Two Sears guys didn't even show, call or text.

But they did get a water pump installed after weeks of waiting. Then the same error code happened. Another Sears guy came out and found the overflow float was up due to some gunk. That lasted two washes.

Then you sent out another local repair, Al's refrigeration who didn't look at anything - just plugged it back in and said "it's working." That lasted 5 washes. In all of this, usually patient with other accents and languages, I've reached my limit with not having American English speakers. When I've reached the call center in Texas and one in Memphis, I get action. When I reach the East Asian ones, I get told we are having severe weather.

Please post numbers for AMERICAN call centers for your AMERICAN customers! Or a way I can return to an agent who was particularly efficient and helpful like Miss Anita in Memphis.

The chat hold is only slightly shorter than the ordinary hold which lasts eons. If I billed you my hourly rate of $65 an hour, you'd owe me more than a new dishwasher.

Read

Where the call center is located is the least of the problems. What is the real issue is the amount of money NOT being spent on customers’ claims.

What is supposed to happen on a service call, is that a diagnosis is made, at least 2 scenarios are presented to correct the problem (usually repair vs. replace the item) and then a decision is made by the paying entity as to which way to proceed. In home warranty service work, that is NOT the way it works. It is ALWAYS deny, delay, or repair.

In that order. It is not going to change.

The continuous circle of calling, complaining, and suffering, is going to go on forever, until the customer decides to cancel the plan and look outside the warranty company for solutions. Switching home warranty companies is not a solution either.

h.kitchener

Any company that doesn't hire call center employees in a foreign country does not deserve our business.

You are a sick racist.

Order processing issue
Review #1364360 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1364360.

American Home Shield - Lousy service, nasty operators, horrible customer service, cancel my service immediately.

Please be informed that I wish to cancel my contract No. 237604802. I do not wish to continue with this maintenance program, it is not worth the money I am paying, your customer service is bad, you don't answer the phone and when somebody answer the phone, they are not capable of helping us, they transfer to somebody else over and over and over until they finally disconnect the telephone after spending more than 35 minutes on the phone.

Please be informed that the couple of times I called your company for service, it took a long time for somebody to answer the phone and also, it took more than 2 weeks for your serviceman to come to repair the dishwasher, which was not done correctly, then I had to call again and request another repair company as I was not satisfied with the first one they sent, finally another repair company showed up and fixed the washing machine.

I don't want your service any longer, please DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD ANYMORE.

Sincerely,

Jeannette

AheadAxolotl
I didn’t like
Customer service, Service scheduling, Customer service service scheduling, Phone wait, I did not like your services
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1305082 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.1

Maytag - Horrible Customer Service

Update by user May 27, 2018

I received an email from "pissed customer" asking if I had been contacted by Maytag/Whirlpool about my dishwasher. In fact, someone had called and left a message on my answering machine regarding my dishwasher.

I returned the call the next day, the person who specifically asked for me to speak to them was not in the office, but the person I did speak with said they sent an email to them stating I had returned their call, and they should call me back, I would be waiting for their call. That was over 3 weeks ago, and no one has responded to me. I did, however, get a phone call from the local repair facility stating that the parts had arrived for my Maytag dishwasher, which was really nice, but it had already been replaced by a BOSCH dishwasher 4 weeks previously. Unbelievable.

How could any corporation in the business of customer service expect ANY customer to wait FIVE MONTHS for parts to arrive? And this was AFTER I had already received and immediately cashed the buyout check I received. What a festival of errors. And an interesting side note: I suddenly started getting mail regarding the warranty on my Maytag refrigerator expiring.

That warranty expired years ago. Can't they get anything right?

Original review posted by user Apr 18, 2018

After 4 months of trying to have my Maytag (manufactured by whirlpool) dishwasher repaired, it was deemed nonrepairable. Truly a festival of errors.

Wrong parts ordered. Parts arriving damaged. Parts "re-engineered" and would not fit properly. Since the dishwasher was covered under the manufacturer's extended warranty provided by AIG, I contacted them requesting the unit be replaced.

Absolutely no cooperation or satisfaction from them. Despite them promising to me (on a recorded telephone conversation) that the dishwasher would be "exchanged", instead I got a 20 minute lecture on how the word "exchange" does not mean it would be replaced with a new one. I was offered a new $800 dishwasher for $400 but they would not pay the removal/installation charges. It is truly sad and pathetic that a lousy $50 could stand in the way of keeping a loyal happy customer.

When I mentioned that the dishwasher was part of purchasing a new refrigerator, range, washing machine, freezer, and dishwasher all made by maytag all I heard from the person I was speaking to was a heavy sigh as if I was bothering them. Absolutely no respect for customer loyalty. Absolutely no respect for customer service. Ultimately I decided to accept their offer to buy out my service contract at a loss of hundreds of dollars to me, but it was well worth not having to deal with whirlpool any more, I will NEVER NEVER EVER purchase anything made by whirlpool again.

Absolutely horrible customer service. God awful treatment. No respect for customer. I have never been treated so poorly in my life.

I was in the business of providing customer service for over 35 years and if I treated my customers this way I would have been out of a job. Did I mention the phrase GOD AWFUL? HORRIBLE? Dealing with them was absolutely not worth raising my blood pressure to the boiling point.

During every phone conversation with them it literally got to the point that I was yelling at the top of my lungs. When my remaining appliances fail (and I'm sure it won't be very long) I can't wait to have the names maytag and whirlpool removed from my home.

Gone are the days when maytag represented something well made and reliable. I do not understand how whirlpool can stay in business if this is the way they treat their customers, and from what I've been reading online, I am not the only person victimized by their horrible god awful service.

WP2008

Maytag understands that it is because of our customers that we are in business. We are very sorry for your experience that you have had with us and that we've lost your loyalty.

It is never our intention to lose a valued customer. If there is anything we can do in the future to win it back please let us know.

@WP2008

If maytag understands that it is because of their "customers" that they are in business, why then was I treated so poorly? This is just another "form letter" type answer.

Since this message was originally posted, I was contacted by maytag service (a message was left on my answering machine asking me to return the call and ask for a specific person), I returned the call the next day, that person was not there, an email was left for them, and as I expected I never received a response. It's been 4 business days. Yet another promise that was not lived up to.

Am I bitter? YES YES YES!!!Here's an idea to not lose any customers: LIVE UP TO YOUR PROMISES.

DailyHumboldtPenguin
Way i was treated
Preferred solution
My dealings with whirlpool are over. This is just my opinion on how poorly I was treated when I wanted them to live up to their promises.
Review #1236033 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Whirlpool will not keep their promises

I had a maytag dishwasher (made by whirlpool) that after 4 months of trying to repair it, was ultimately deemed non-repairable and was promised twice on recorded telephone conversations that the unit would be "exchanged". After many many heated phone conversations with whirlpool and their extended warranty people (AIG) I was told that I was NOT going to be given a replacement, but instead was offered a buyout of my extended warranty contract at a loss of hundreds of dollars to me.

Ultimately the frustration of dealing with all the doubletalk and broken promises, I took the buyout and it was well worth the fact that I will no longer have any appliance manufactured by whirlpool in my home. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life. Horrible horrible treatment. Whirlpool would not invest the cost of a new dishwasher (and honor their promises) to make a loyal, happy customer.

God awful service.

Unbelievable bad horrible miserable customer service. Truly unprofessional.

Read

Thanks for the heads up, David. I was getting ready to spend approx $3,000 on kitchen appliances, and will NOT purchase whirlpool or affiliated items after reading your story.

It doesn't matter what the extended warranty said concerning an appliance that could not be repaired - I was PROMISED TWICE that the dishwasher was going to be EXCHANGED, which to any reasonable person would mean a replacement. Instead I was given a carefully worded 20 minute lecture on how the word "exchange" does not mean replacement. I repeat: I will never purchase another appliance made by whirlpool, nor any extended warranty provided by AIG.

WP2008

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you have endured with Whirlpool and AIG.

AIG is their own company that has processes in place if can not repair the appliance. Pleas refer to your contract under the "Service Event" and "Unable to Repair" sections of your contract.

@WP2008

Apologies are not a sufficient substitute for not living up to one's promises. It doesn't matter what the contract said, I was promised TWICE the dishwasher would be "exchanged" only to be later given a very carefully worded lecture on how the word "exchange" does not mean "replace".

I am only doing this to warn other customers about the way I was so horribly treated so they do not have to "endure the frustration" that I did. The contract you mention is now void anyway, as I have gleefully accepted the buyout despite the fact that I lost hundreds of dollars.

Well worth not having to fight and argue trying to get whirlpool and aig to honor their promises. Truly sad and pathetic that a corporation would not invest a few hundred dollars (not to mention living up to their promises) to make a happy and loyal customer.

View more comments
DailyHumboldtPenguin
Bad quality
Review #1235531 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears - Warranty Dishwasher

Crazy how my warranty just expired on Feb 19th 2018 and home repair won't even take the time to help anyone out. I spoke with 4 different reps and the supervisor Andy couldn't even help me.

I was told even if my dishwasher broke the day before I was not going to be able to get it fix.

But tried to sell me a new warranty of 299.99 for a year to get the work started. I will never buy anything from sears again worst customer service ever.

Warranty issue
Review #1194063 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1194063.
3.7

American Home Shield - Secondary damage?

Our dishwasher went nuts. Tech Comes in and says the dishwasher isn’t mounted correctly.

Takes out the bolts holding it in and removes it to unplug it till the part comes in. Part comes in, installs it then just shoved the unit back into the hole without mounting it correctly. Says run it a few times to make sure it’s not leaking. I go in to mount the dishwasher so it doesn’t fall out and notice my floor is soaked, the drain hose wasn’t put back correctly.

My floor and under sink areas are warped. AHS says this is secondary damage and they don’t deal with that?

Read

I am in similar situation. The dishwasher replaced the pump, and didn't secure all connections.

By next day the surrounding floor and cabinets were damaged. AHS claimed secondary damages are not covered.

The dishwasher defends the it is plumbing issue... Need advise on what should be my steps to not incur all the cost of repair.

I liked
Quick turn on getting a technician
Warranty issue
Review #1194008 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1194008.

Brandsmart Usa - Dishwasher

Problem with KitchenAid dishwasher purchase roughly three years ago with warranty and extended 5 year warranty How on Earth does this company have an A+ rating? I've been back and forth with this company for my refrigerator until they finally bought me a new one but still, one of the repairmen left my freezer open and damaged my floor and they wouldn't fix it.

Now I've been having problems with my dishwasher since nov 2017. they've been out here more than six times to fix it and it's still broken never call me back half the time repairman that does not show up or call my floor has water damage, never called me back on it and my dishwasher still doesn't work.

I keep taking days off for work and today serviceman again no call finally BrandsMart call me after I call them and he's a no-show. Your Desired Resolution:

Read

Any A+ rating you read about Kitchen Aid is either old or company sponsored.

At one time they were they best appliances available.

Now they have had everything built to the cheapest possible specs and have replaced the reliable, long lasting electromechanical controls with crummy oriental motherboards and other cheap electronic junk which is doomed to failure from the design table to your kitchen.

Our old Kitchen Aid dishwasher went 12 years with no trouble ; our new one didn't last 12 weeks without trouble ; and it's been a pain ever since.

I didn’t like
Worst customer service i have ever had
Full refund
Review #1191022 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1191022.

American Homes 4 Rent - Your not of importance!

No working brand new diswasher for over 2 months. No maintenance to come fix a small problem they send us to warranty company - who they are just the same.

Worst customer service. Another maintenance issue on a window that doesn’t fit. Same thing, came and looked, left, didn’t hear from the technician for several weeks, called again to get this resolved. They approved the part without telling us the tenant.

Then failed to schedule an appointment to come and fix. Just send us a part and that’s it. The moral of this whole story/complaint, is that American homes does NOT make you a priority. I pay $1,550 for their home.

15 month lease and I won’t be renting again. This isn’t worth it. Their worlds: “If you don’t call and make a service request, no one will get back to you”. That means if you are a renter, don’t put a service request in on their website.

They don’t look. So what’s the point of having a tenant profile/ledger if they won’t ever look?!

Poor customer service
Review #1188005 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1188005.

Sears - Poor customer service

Had a repair person come to my house due to a problem with my washer. Cost $99.00 just to have him come into the door.

He cleaned the screen on the entry to the cold water then said that the timer had to be replaced. I gave him a check for the full amount. After he left I checked the receipt and he applied only a portion of the check amount to the bill, Which would pay for that days service and the replacement part. My wife used the washer and it's working fine.

So the repair was cancelled. Called Sears and the part will be sent back. Problem 2 is: I got my bank statement and they took the full amount including the repair out of the account. Now I'm faced with trying to get my money back.

They say they owe me just for the part. They gave me a phone number to call and no one answers.

Stratham, NH, USA
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1178372 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1178372.