Old Republic Home Protection - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Hello, my name is Baylee Mann. Let me just start out with saying I never place complaints like this but I am appalled by how poor of service your company provides.

We have home insurance so when things break you guys would be there to help maybe even make things easier, and faster since you are supposed to be organized. I have called in several times to try to help you guys do your job and move things a long, but here I am a month later still with a broken dishwasher. I hope this email will finally reach someone who is good at their job and can actually complete what was promised when we got insurance through you. The calls I make are getting me nowhere I don’t know who to contact or what to do other than write it as a google review and get my story out so I can save other people from terrible experience we have had.

You guys have made a broken dishwasher 10 million times harder. First of all we trust you to send professional companies to our home. We trust that they are certified and good at their job. Yet after having to take 2 days off work and the technician reporting back to you that our dishwasher is broken you make us get a second opinion, but we didn’t choose him to come in the first place you did!

It’s fine that if is proto call to get a second one, but you think knowing how long we have been waiting you guys would be on top of it. I am not using a THIRD vacation day to have another technician. I called in and requested to have someone come on Saturdays, but they couldn’t help and said I would have to figure it out. I called the new tech.

several times and he never responded finally 4 business days later he answered and just said I don’t do Saturdays I will call you back a different day to set up an appointment. He still has never called back and it’s a week later. I don’t know why it is so hard for you guy to find business professionals, but the way he is communicating is beyond unprofessional. I am so tired of waiting on you guys to do your job and whole heartedly regret choosing you for insurance.

If I were you guys and heard about this ridiculous process I would be so embarrassed. So hopefully this gets to someone who can find us a new PROFESSIONAL tech. that can come on Saturdays so you can stop wasting our time and making our lives way harder than they need to be. I am sorry to be so blunt with you, but clearly someone needs to tell you how it is because my numerous polite calls aren’t enough for you to finish the job.

My phone number is 801-624-0406. Please call or email back with the new tech’s number that can come on a Saturday ASAP!

Read

The problemo is that ORHP, just like all home warranty companies, is a cost control FREAK. They spend a flat rate on each service call, and it is basically the amount of your service call fee that you paid.

It is up to the repairman’s company, the contractor, to make something happen for the flat rate of your service call fee. What he has to make happen is one one these choices: A. fix it or repair it for the flat rate, and provide all the parts, labor, and/or replacement equipment for the $100 or whatever the flat rate has been determined by ORHP contractor relations department. This results in shoddy repairs and long delays B.

Get the claim denied entirely by ORHP on some fishy technicality or policy loophole, so he can keep the flat rate and do nothing. C. Get a partial denial from ORHP in order to offset some of the expense and pass it to the home owner, in the form of non-covered items that often seem inflated and made up. D.

Send it back through the system and create confusion so as to frustrate the customer and delay, or prolong the repair as long as possible in an attempt to not be the contractor stuck with absorbing a hefty financial loss. Passing the buck. The reason you are in limbo is that they couldn’t bandaid your dishwasher and the parts are likely electronic which will cost hundreds of dollars. The repairman will have to absorb those costs or will get cut off the list of ORHP providers for making ORHP pay for something.

You just need to go get a new dishwasher and be done with it.

Save up for future repair bills and keep in mind that appliances, even big ones like HVAC systems, have a Very short lifespan, less than 10 years, before they need replacing. Save up for these expenses yourself, because under the home warranty business model, you will go through this time and time again, regardless which home warranty company you choose.

SophisticatedCrestedPenguin342
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
I want to be done with you and your techo.'s mail us a check and we find someone to fix it ourselves or buy a new one if thats what it needs. And you to make up for the huge waste of time and days off I have taken.
Review #1472523 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Famous Tate - SOLD NEW VIKING DISHWASHER "Special Order" Found out it was used.

I ordered a Brand New Viking Dishwasher from Famous Tate in Oldsmar. It was "special order" and delivered to my home on 1/16/2017.

The total cost was $1579.88 plus tax. My husband and I went into their store after finding the same Viking Dishwasher online, and we asked them to price match that product. The dishwasher broke yesterday, and we found from Viking Corporate that we only had a 1 year warranty vs. the standard two year warranty because Famous Tate bought a "B product" which means the dishwasher was returned due to a problem.

Famous Tate is able to sell the product as "new" even though the product was returned. Over the years, I have had multiple issues with appliances I have purchased from Famous Tate. My $2200 Washer/Dryer set was "scratched" and I found out later both products had been returned but were sold as "New with dents" to me. I looked online and have seen many other consumers with the same issues.

I think it is time that we all get together to stop them from this deceptive standard of practice. They need to be held accountable for selling "new" appliances that are actually returns.

Has anyone else on this site had issues with Famous Tate? Please share here.

Read

Please email a copy of the po...you can black out any pricing or info that is private. Asiftar@gmail.com I will send it to have the review deleted.

FamousTate
Famous Tate Verified Representative

Thanks for the update! We appreciate your business and are always willing to help if there's an issue.

OpulentRabbit694

I spoke with Viking and they verified that they gave me false information. It will not let me remove the review, but I will send it in the mail for the review to be removed as soon as possible.

FamousTate
Famous Tate Verified Representative

We were sorry to hear about your dishwasher needing service just outside of the 2 year warranty. While Viking's representative gave you some incorrect information over the phone, we think you've gotten verification that your dishwasher was ordered as a "new" unit from Viking and qualified for their full warranty.

This was frustrating to us, but we had them send us our original invoice to verify it was purchased on a normal PO. Please let us know if there is any way we can help at this point.

View more comments
OpulentRabbit694
Not as described
Loss
Review #1470913 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Jcpenney - Customer Service Email?

Does anyone have an actual EMAIL ADDRESS for customer service so that I can send them a picture of the shattered dishes I got from them?

We bought the dishware set and picked up at the store in Virginia. The box has been unopened until my son got to his college dorm and found the plates shattered.

He not knowing what to do threw the broken shards in the dumpster. I called customer service and was told that he would need to take the broken dishes into a JC Penney store and they'll decide what to do. Say what? My son is in college in another state and doesn't have a vehicle to drive.

How is that supposed to happen.

I told customer service that I have a picture that I could show them but she said I would need to take that to my store but it's doubtful they would do anything.

I would really like to email someone in corporate to show them this picture. Has anyone had luck with an email address?

Read

I read they do not take complaints or anything like that in the form of e mail.....

ImpressiveBaskingShark
I didn’t like
Customer service solution to my problem
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1332067 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Sears - Dishwasher that doesn't work

We bought a dishwasher in May. The repair man says it needs a new motor.

I said the motor is new. He said I know they are having problems with this model. Where's the recall. Shouldn't they replace the dishwasher.

We have to wait until the 27th for the part to come in. It just doesn't seem right.

Et_Tu_Brutae.User
#1520484

One of the things that you can do is to file a complaint with consumer-action.org, and have media attention brought to your situation. Your issues are of a MAJOR CONCERN, both in personal safety and in making known consistent problems that Sears is well aware of, yet it appears that Sears and its reps seemed unconcerned with.Here is the link: https://complaints.consumer-action.org/forms/english-form/complaint_form/Complaint Form (also available en Espanol):"Send your consumer questions and complaints to our referral and advice hotline.

To give you the best possible assistance, we need your full name, city and state of residence, and daytime phone number. (See our privacy policy.)""If your complaint is of major consumer importance, we like to have the option of referring your name to the media (TV, radio, magazine and newspaper reporters). If you object to being contacted by the media, let us know and we will honor your request.

(See our privacy policy below.)"Thanks for permitting me to respond to your posting.J.J. Freeman (Jaina Spotted Eagle)

Kathy Stoll Brown
Bad quality
Review #1303244 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

TA Appliance - A comedy of errors...don't bother

We are return second generation customers at TA. All we needed was a dishwasher.

We could have gone to the big box stores but we chose to go back to TA. An error on our part due to sheer incompetence, lack of simple courtesy and communication...from the front desk to sales to management to customer relations. Ordered on April 16th...no communication until I called on April 27th. Both the front desk and my salesman read the invoice wrong and told us our dishwasher was at the Kitchener store.

This proved to be a problem when we arranged for our installer to go and pick up on May 2nd..not there. Shipped to the Barrie store and no one...not sales or 2 managers could figure out why or solve the problem. My dishwasher was finally delivered today May 10th...only after I emailed the Customer Service manager. No explanation just "sorry for the confusion" and the offer to pay for delivery and installation.

Not really a big deal after waiting over 3 weeks. Sadly to top it off, today the installer asked for payment after TA once again failed to communicate.

What a systemic debacle. The "family owned business" model holds little weight if you have lost the ability foster relationships with customers and provide competent service.

AbleBulldog
Problem with delivery
Review #1252806 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bad Boy Furniture - Dish Washer Rip Off

I bought a dishwasher from Bad Boys in Burlington. It is a stand alone dishwasher and not one that installs under the counter so the appearance of the sides is important.

Anyway, it showed up and the side was all smashed. The delivery guys had already carried it in and left. It wasn't until I saw it afterward that I noticed the side was dented in and smashed. I called them and they said they would have someone call me back.

I waited for a week and called them back. Again, I was told someone would get back to me.

Every time I called them, they said they are looking into it and would get back to me. No one ever called and I got stuck with a smashed dishwasher that I paid full price for.

Damaged or defective
Review #1222276 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1222276.
1.5

Appliances Connection - Total Criminals

Ordered a dishwasher and fridge on 10/14/17 and informed them of a 13' truck needed to be used to come up our hill. Their website stated installation was free.

After five delivery attempts where they didn't come because they didn't have the correct truck, I spoke to customer service repeatedly. I asked them to return the appliances so I could get my money back to buy other appliances. They strung me along and kept saying they would get the job done. Our Thanksgiving and Christmas were ruined.

On 12/21/17, two guys came 2 hours late and dropped off two appliances. They told me the fridge was too heavy to take it up stairs and then said it was too complex to install the dishwasher. When we hired an independent person to install the dishwasher as an urgency because we had family for Xmas, the installer said it was straight forward and they guys probably lied to us to get out of work. Once the dishwasher was installed, we took a step back and noticed three dents on the front of it.

We looked at the door, and called Dacor, and they told us they would replace the door, but it would be another 4 weeks. The fridge still sits in our garage because it is going to cost us another $450 to move and install the fridge. They didn't deliver the connection kit. I asked AC to return the appliances last week, and today, Richard told me they wouldn't.

So I'm stuck with these crap appliances, and the only thing the did was give me $200 on 11/9 for the inconvenience of not having delivered within 3 weeks of promise date. Another 6 weeks went by, the appliances came damaged, and we got nothing more for it. Basically, I have two total crap appliances and I will end up paying over $5600 instead of the $4800 I thought i would pay. I tried to save $500 and will have ended up losing holidays, more money, and have two damaged appliances.

The only way to satisfy me is to pay me $2,000 to cover the cost of installation which was promised when I purchased the appliances, and for the destruction of two holidays.

I still have to deal with damaged appliances and all of the hassle of getting things repaired. Who knows if the fridge will work properly?

Read

Their business model is to advertise prices lower than anyone else regardless of whether they have the item. They then search for damaged items and buy them at a severe discount then ship them to you.

Lesson learned is we need to check BBB/ Yelp, reviews etc. appliances Connection is reviewed constantly as a known criminal operation

@James Mack

You are right. I was tempted by the prices and the types of appliances showcased.

It's too bad high-end vendors allow them to sell their products because I had a false sense of security seeing that Viking and Dacor were sold there. Lesson learned.

ramonaidu_50
I liked
Prices
I didn’t like
Everything else, Shady business practices, False delivery promises, Refusal to refund, Customer service
Poor customer service
$2000
Full refund
Review #1178070 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.8

Lowes - APPLIANCES USED.

In the past five years, I have purchased several items from the Lowe’s in Hazard, KY. I had always heard that Lowe’s is great for buying appliances.

Boy, was I ever wrong. I purchased a dishwasher a few years ago and purchased an extended warranty plan. Ever since I had the dishwasher installed, the agitator or water dispenser has failed to stay connected to the dishwasher. I had several repairmen replace this item five different times.

Finally, I resolved myself to the fact that this dishwasher was a piece of junk. When I contacted Lowe’s about this, they informed me that I was not on their records as having purchased an extended warranty. Luckily, I found my receipt showing the purchase. They still would not replace my dishwasher.

I went back to Lowe’s because they are the only business in my town that sells appliances. When the men arrived to install my new dishwasher, they asked me how long I had this dishwasher. I told them five years. They informed me that my dishwasher was at least ten years old and that this model was not produced and sold anymore.

They went on to tell me that when they remove an appliance from your property; which they charge the customer for, they are taken to the back of the store, cleaned up, repainted and sold as new appliances. That is why they are so anxious to take away old appliances. This was a practice that I have never heard of before.

The Better Business Bureau should and will, be notified of this matter. By the way, if Lowe’s tries to deny any of this, I have a credible witness who heard the entire conversation and will reintegrate all these events if need be.

B.S.

This has got to be one of the craziest things i have ever read on the internet. Good luck!

MADASHELL_2018
81 Commerce Drive, Hazard, KY 41701, USA
Full refund
Review #1173789 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.3

Goedekers - More than pissed !

I am a General Contractor and my company purchases thousands of dollars worth of appliances a year. I normally purchase through A.J.

Madison..but thought I would try an order from Goedekers. I ordered over $4,000 worth of appliances for a home I was remodeling from Goedekers. I also paid $100 for their "supposed" White Glove Delivery. Long story short...the dishwasher was delivered with 4 broken legs and a severely dented bottom front panel.

Upon contacting Goedekers they said I would have to have it "repaired"..okay...they arranged the service repair (took 10 days for the service call) and shipped the parts to my home. I took the parts to the delivery address. The GE Service tech repaired the legs/dented panel..but then discovered there were numerous other parts (mechanical) that the dishwasher needed. So ...another service call.

The 2nd service call the tech showed up and he had no parts with him and no parts were sent to my home. I spoke to him while he was at the service address. And he also told me that he wasn't even sure that if he had the parts that the dishwasher would have worked because the underneath side of the dishwasher was so severely damaged. I have been (since 12/23/17) been trying to get a credit from Goedekers and they say I can't get a credit unless the service tech tells them the dishwasher is "not repairable".

Well...they don't even know "WHO" the service tech was and have now told me I need to find out who serviced it and get that information to them so they can talk to him. The service tech left "NO" paperwork at the delivery address. Just spent 40 minutes on the phone with GE Customer Relations Dept. and they did find out "who" serviced it but would not give me the information.

They said the information had to be "snail mailed" to the delivery address and I would have to get it from our customer. In addition, my customer, of course wanted NOTHING to do with having this dishwasher repaired...since they had purchased a NEW dishwasher...so we had to purchase another one from another retailer. For the time being, and probably forever my company is out $800 because Goedekers doesn't want to give me a credit.

Their policy is "repair only"...no credits. I wouldn't buy another appliance from them EVER !!!!

I liked
Price
I didn’t like
Goedekers expecting me to accept a severely damaged appliance
Full refund
Review #1171057 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1171057.

Sears - New dishwasher that won’t get replaced

My 86 year old mother bought a dishwasher at Sears and in less than a year It stopped working. A repairman came out and said he needed to order a part and it would take approximately two weeks and it would be sent to the residence.

Well it’s been four months and the part still has not arrived. After the fourth service call, the repairman advised my mother that the part was on back order and they had no date of when a new part would be available. The repairman offered no solution to my mother. She wanted replacement due to the fact it had been four months and still no part.

On behalf of my mother I went to the local Sears to speak with a manager. I Advised the manager of the situation and told him my mother would like a replacement and he said he was unable to authorize or make that decision. It’s been a week since I spoke with the manager and still nothing has been done.

My mother feels like she is left with no other alternative but to take legal action due to the fact they have not honored the warranty. Keep in mind my mother has two warranties on the dishwasher; the sears personal warranty and the manufactures warranty, which it was still under at the time machine stopped working.

Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Replace the dishwasher with a new one and include the sears personal extended warranty at no charge for the inconvenience this has caused.
Review #1146552 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1146552.