Amazon - Defective deliveries

Since I have been on Prime I have ordered two computers, returned the first one. They said it would take up to two weeks for a refund, until I made a stink.

When second computer arrived, I received a monitor without a CD. When contacting Amazon they said they could do nothing and that I would have to contact the seller. Why is customer service there? First computer arrived dead.

Still working on second computer to upgrade to a windows 10.

Windows 10 is still currently working on issues, as this was a certified refurbished computer with a windows 7 that in the comments said that it was easy to upgrade, some saying free, which is not true. Customer service directs you to people who make it difficult to communicate. I believe the Amazon Prime is a dumping ground for defective product.

I always research product review but unfortunately did not help me because they were positive for the most part. The desktop I got was a Amazon Prime Choice.

Damaged or defective
Review #1237018 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1237018.
1.5

Newegg - Bought 4 refurbished computer towers that said they had Nvidia GeForce Graphics Cards in the description, when they arrived all 4 had AMD Radeon installed but they had Invidia software on the computer

Bought 4 refurbished computer towers that said they had Nvidia GeForce

Graphics Cards in the description, when they arrived all 4 had AMD Radeon installed but they had Invidia software on the computers as if to trick me. Newegg will not honor there false advertising and send me the correct computers that I paid over $3,000 dollars for.

Order #254421079

{{REDACTED}}

Read

I am sorry to hear this however I do see an agent has reached out to you and given instructions on how to get resolved. If you do require further assistance then please let me know.Thank you,Nicholas Newegg Support

Not as described
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1226476 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1226476.
2.5

Joy Systems - Fine but would not recommend to others

Have had two systems from joy systems. Desk top tower and lap top computer.

Laptop has had some minor problems but with a little adjustments on settings it has been doing great. On tower,was older model with side mount disk loader, no back up driver for backups and the terabite drive I do have sounds like a truck rolling along a highway. A truck running onn off road diesel. Needless to say, Not to thrilled.

Besides that they are what I called D-rated.

I would recommend them to beginners to start with. It would be worth it for them Overall if they would add a few more items and take more time with them, it would be a A- machine.

jamesheide5924_17
Tags
  • Dell Optiplex 380 Computer
I liked
Waiting to see results
I didn’t like
Product delivered was not as advertised
Fair pricing
Review #1198423 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Amazon supports fraud

I bought a computer from a company called online pc from amazon. It was listed as new.

Further it was a gift for my 70 year old mother in law who lives alone. When it arrived it was full of dirt in every crack and crevice that can be seen and dead skin surrounded the power button. I asked only that the seller pay to have the item picked up at their expense.. As my mother in law cannot lug the 50 lb monstrosity around.

This request though fair in my mind.. Was denied flat out. So I contacted amazon and was assured that my money is safe with their a to z guarantee. Now mind you i sent photos of the computer condition and everything i have showing it was listed as new.

Amazons response was to give me 3 days to respond with return information or they would close my claim so this seller is being rewarded for what is entirely their wrongdoing...

Further this same seller is still listing computers as new that are exactly what they sold to me.. And have increased the price i also sent amazon a screen shot of this and the listing is still there..

Samvince1
Damaged or defective
Review #1181112 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy - Worst service I have ever experienced

I am writing this letter first of all, and most importantly because of the terrible service I have received from your Gresham store on 11/14 I believe his name was Morgan. I am so upset I would like to stand out front of your store and tell customers how terrible the store is and how they do not care about their customers.

I have never in my life been treated so terrible and made to buy something I really didn’t need. Plus, this was not the only time I was treated terribly by your employees. I would never in a million years suggest to anyone to go to your store ever. Anyway I told him several times I wanted to purchase a computer because someone had stolen mine not Geek Service.

All he did is go on and on and on about getting the service for at least ten minutes or longer. Plain and simple I just got tired and wanted to shut him up. I repeated and repeated to him I did not need it I was going to put it away because I could not afford internet service for a while. He should have told me then that the warranty was only for 30 days and it would not be any good.

I thought it would be fine I didn’t even think about the warranty and he never said a word concerning it. Anyway I ended up buying the whole mess just to get the computer and get away from him. Three days later I went back to the store to pick up the computer from Geek Service. Once again I tried to explain to the sales person I really didn’t want or need the service he yelled at me and told me YOU BOUGHT THE SERVICE.

I WAS VERY UPSET AND LEFT THE STORE AND NEVER TOUCHED THE COMPUTER AGAIN. I tried calling the main office and could not get through on the phone line some of the people answering the phone don’t understand what I want which was the main office of the company. So I could let the company know how terrible the service is. I myself have been in cu8stomer service all my life and I wouldn’t even dream of treating anyone like I have been treated.

On top of that, my boss would have fired me. Finally, I decided since my grandson was going to graduate from high school and go on to college I would just give the computer to him and he is very computer savvy. This is the first time I had taken the computer out of the box which the Geeks had opened not me. Anyway I didn’t even turn on the computer just wrap it up.

The next thing I knew maybe a month later my grandson said to me that the computer did not work. He said “he would turn it on and instantly it would shut down”. I was very upset to realize I spent almost $700.00 and this computer probably never worked. Anyway this is my third trip back to the store I tried to explain to the employee’s and managers what the whole problem was they almost laughed at me that was not very nice.

Told me I was not a very nice person. They said there was nothing they could do except charge me for the Geek service again I said that is radicicolous. I already paid for it once and never used it. The Geek service sales people wouldn’t listen to me either not any of the employees listen to me.

I told one guy 3 times that the computer would not stay on and all he did is keep asking did anyone try to input any information. What does it take to get through to your employees? All I wanted was another computer that they had not touched or opened the box plus refund my Geek Service money. Anything would have been nice or deceit treatment.

I am an older woman who doesn’t spend my money frivolously, waste it or make a whole lot. Plus, I am a grandma who really tries to help her 4 grandkids this is not nice or fair to treat me like this. Additionally, it took me 4 phone calls today 1/12/17 to talk to Supervisor she told me she could have done something if I hadn’t opened the box I did not open the box the Geek Service did open the box. So why can’t I be reimbursed or at least given another computer.

Please fix the problem it’s not right to rip someone off.

June Cochran 2232 SE 180 the Portland, OR. 97233 503 750-0746

#1419608

As you obviously don't understand computers or are able to understand return policies on electronic items you would be much better off buying gift cards and letting your grandchildren purchase the computers they need. This will also avoid your buying something that isn't really doesn't meet their requirements in a computer.

joesat49

i feel the same way what a rip off and i am a senior on top of it, social sercurity

This complaint is too long to read.

Employees
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1167917 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1167917.
3.0

Best Buy, experts on false advertising

Best buy is guilty of false advertisement. I recently bought a computer from their website claiming it has an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti, but instead they sent me the computer with an MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080ti...

basically a ferrari with a toyota’s motor!! I filled a complain with the BB TODAY.. the dumb *** say they wont help me because of the time frame on the returns or exchange..

thetime does not apply to lying customer defrauding them and then tell me in my face i screw you when you bought it and I screw you again right now. I can’t help you ...damn ***

Djpiper73
Not as described
Review #1142823 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.3

Newegg - Horrible customer service and misleading advertising

Typically I've had good experience but 2 times in a row now is enough for me to not continue to do business with them. They spam your email with supposed deals, often twice daily, making it near impossible to determine when is the right to buy an item.

You then trust that they will not continue to undercut their own pricing within the same month but they do and then cite the loopholes in their PriceMatch policy. Warning! Expect to feel ripped off as they continue to lower the prices on your major purchase and fail to understand the customer's aggravation and feelings of betrayal. Bottom line...they got your money and don't care about keeping customers.

I purchased a PC and 18 days later they offered the same item for $200 less! Wouldn't budge on adjusting the price and didn't give a rat's butt since soon after the product was sold out.

Company has really gone downhill! Stay Away!

jbrownvt73_49
Pricing issue
Price reduction
Review #1138094 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy - Desktop Computer Review

Bought a $500 computer from their store. Two months later the computer wouldn't work.

Took it into best buy for them to look at and they said the hard drive is bad. They told me if I wanted the computer fixed and all my data backed up I would have to pay $100. I explained to the person the computer was brand new with little data on it and that I shouldn't have to spend more money on something I just bought brand new 2 months ago. Needless to say they didn't seem to care.

I've called customer service as well as the corporate number and its all the same rhetoric about their return policy. Now I am basically stuck with a junk brand new $500 computer I bought from Best Buy unless i spend more momey for them to fix it and save my data.

I will never shop at a best buy store online or in store ever again. If you don't want to deal with a company that doesn't care about their customers then my suggestion is to stay as far away from Best Buy as possible.

Oceanside, California, United States #1318064

You will get the same thing at literally any retailer. Unless you purchase an extended warranty they are not obligated to fix your computer for free lol.

Yes free *** equals viruses

Welcome to the real world

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1314958

Don't blame Best Buy for the failure of the computer's hard drive. If the computer is still in warranty, contact the manufacturer, not Best Buy.

How do we/they know you didn't mess up the hard drive yourself? It had been 60 days. Feel free to shop for electronics elsewhere -- they will have the same policy.

View more comments
I didn’t like
Being sold a junk computer
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1033359 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1033359.

Fingerhut - Desktop Computer Review

I bought a computer from FingerHut to help build my credit and finger hut offers on line payments. I changed my payment date, comfirmed my payment change, and then they charged me for late payments even though they told me it was good to go.

Now i cannot get anyone to help me to either stoo payments or pay double for their mess up. I do not and will not ever recommend anyone to ever order from FingerHut as i will not because the servie and treatment is not worth the headache.....

Problems with payment
Review #1005968 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1005968.

Desktop Computer Review

I ordered a computer and it was broken. I have asked for a return label.

The package is over 50 pounds and they refuse to send a label for pickup. They also refuse to call me and will only communicate through email or text.

Its been over a month. Do not do business with this company

Damaged or defective
Review #1005605 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1005605.