Car Computer Exchange - This company do not sell good workin computer

I bought a computer from them and they sent me a totally bad computer that doesn't work at all and i returned it back for a refund and they took half of my money for all types of fees once u returned it out of $300 i only got back $123 so you will lose your money if it doesn't work and you returned it please don't order from this company i swear you will regret it there rip offs

Bad quality
Review #1446212 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1446212.

Micro Center - Computer ripoff

I bought a computer yesterday and as soon as i got home the computer just went blank! Furthermore, the damn thing doesn't charge.

I will spread the word all around the internet and anywhere else about this company until they lose business! What a rip-off!

Im so glad that my Sister is an attorney. I dare this store to give me any hassle tomorrow when i return this computer.

MCcustrel
Micro Center Verified Representative

Hello, thank you for reaching out and sharing this with us. We are very sorry to hear the issues you've had with your purchase.

We greatly appreciate the chance to look further into this as well as hear about your return experience, could you please email us your transaction information? CustRelSoc@microcenter.com

Damaged or defective
Review #1440448 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1440448.
1.6

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse - Where is my layaway with my computer

Yes I have had a computer in laway for a while I was making payments on it I owe 85.00 dollars. I tried to make a payment and the number was no longer in service.

I tried the web site, but could not connect. I would like my money back or a chance to get my computer out of layaway. I have paid 100.00 dollars. I was never notify of any closures of the company.

It is 8.95 windows Tab W/KEYBD case my account number is (195913#). Bette Davis.

DisastrousBullTerrier225
I liked
I more than like them i love sweepstakes clearing house
I didn’t like
Recent order on lay-away, I did not receive merchandise i paid for, That they want you to confuse them with pch, People have been actually dense enough to fall for their scam
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1411815 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Best Buy - Do no make an online purchase, if something goes wrong on their side they will not fix it.

Update by user Dec 29, 2018

OK I paid for somebody to drive me to Vancouver to exchange the desktop computer. Guess what It doesn't work properly either.

since Best Buy has blocked my phone number I can't even call them to tell them. The 550 dollar computer has turned out to cost me over a 1000 and Best Buy doesn't care.

They have online purchases but do not back those purchases, If I could drive I would not leave that damn store until somebody made this right. NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY.

Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2018

I needed a computer to get a position with a company. According this work order I must of course use a computer. The computer I had the video card was going out and memory to handle the program wasn't enough. So, I thought how fun to go and purchase a computer. NOTHING FUN about it. I went to my bank got a six hundred dollar loan. Went to Best Buy.com and ordered a new very adequate computer. According to the Best Buy order the computer would be shipped the next day. Two days later I received a notice that my computer could take an indefinite amount of time to be shipped. I fought with customer service online, to fix the problem or let me change or cancel the order, they refused. After writing them on facebook I received the computer. I hooked it up, logged into all my accounts, changed passwords and all that other *** that takes forever. Then my monitor went out. I threw it away and got another monitor. Then that monitor went out. I had to keep force starting the computer. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont. and it is random that this happens. I can use this computer but it's video stops randomly and I have to force start this thing all the time. I have called customer service and they said to return it. Great, but what do I do in the mean time because I have got to go to work. They do not care. Apparently they are not responsible to do things like help their online customers. I have to go to my bank again tomorrow take out another loan purchase a computer else where. Pay for shipping and handling for this computer to send back, make the payments on two loans for a product that didn't work. the problem

1. Isn't this a retail establishment? Meaning they make a profit of of sales, Right, Or not? Why wouldn't this company sell me a different computer. wouldn't it make more since to assist me instead of insult me,

2. Their customer service line will ring busy when I use my phone but when I use the neighbors phone my phone call goes straight through, but they still wont help me. I am still calling the customer service line and I am still getting busy signals. I think they just flat out do not care.

3. I know that because there is an extra expense here I could probably go to small claims, however, I am not going to, I will eat the cost of both computers and never shop at Best Buy again.

LastingBlueWhale332
Bad quality
Review #1411042 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Offerup - Did not get what was listed.

I purchase a personal computer on August 2, 2018. Met at a McDonalds neutral site.

He claimed he was a computer technician. When I got home I received a text. The seller actually said that he made a mistake and did not put proper amount of ram into computer that I purchased. The Ad stated 16GB ram, only had 4 GB ram in the computer.

He then said he would make good next week. Tried contacted several times and it immediately said not delivered. He now blocked my number. He is seller Chung Lee, Voorhees, NJ.

He stated how important maintaining a good rating was to him. Obviously he really does not care.

Hoping this will help others when trusting sellers and fully taking them at their word. "Buyer Beware"

Palmyra, NJ, USA
Not as described
Review #1323621 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1323621.

Acer Recertified - Beware! Beware!

I purchased a re-certified all-in-one desktop from Acer's online re-certified store. It arrived with a shattered monitor.

The desktop, keyboard, mouse, and cables were packed in a box with only a cardboard insert; everything was loose and bouncing around.

I immediately contacted their recertified support staff and was told by a CSR that I needed to take photos of the monitor and also the exterior of the box. Typically, that wouldn't be unreasonable. However, I informed her that there are loose pieces of glass scattered in the box, some of which spilled out and became embedded in my carpet. I stated that I risks sustaining lacerations if I attempted to handle the monitor.

The CSR insisted that I needed to take a picture of the monitor in order to receive a refund. Subsequently, I asked them to send me an email stating that in spite of my safety concerns, a photo of the monitor is still required. They relented and only required photos of the top and front of the box.

It's interesting that another reviewer also complained of a broken monitor, so my poorly packed desktop was not an isolated incident. Also, I agree with other reviewers that it's difficult to reach or to get a reply from their CSR department.

Acer should be ashamed of their re-certified business. The consumer affairs website is bombarded with complaints about Acer.

Damaged or defective
Review #1306305 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1306305.

BE WARY ABOUT PURCHASES MADE AT BEST BUY STORES AS THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION.

I PURCHASED A $1200.00 COMPLETE COMPUTER ASSEMBLY WITH A GEEK SQUAD PROTECTION GUARANTEE. I HAD THE COMPUTER FOR 1 MONTH BEFORE IT HAD TO BE RETURNED FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION.

in A 6 MONTH PERIOD THE COMPUTER HAD TO BE RETURNED 6 TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM, (WOULDNT UPLOAD SOFTWARE CHANGES FROM MICROSOFT)BEST BUY CONFIRMED AND ALLEGEDLLY CORRECTED THE PROBLEM, EACH TIME. THEY ONCE FOUND THE PROBLEM TO BE CAUSED BY THE INTERNAL PLUG NOT BEING CONNECTED. A PLUF ONLY ACCESSIBLE IF YOU OPEN THE COMPUTER AND SINCE ITS UNDER WARRANTY THERE WAS NO NEED TO OPEN IT, THEREFORE THE PLUG WAS DISCONNECT BY BEST BUY OR WAS NEVER CONNECTED FROM THE MANUFACTURER. IN KEEPING WITH 'GEEK SQUAD' AGREEMENT, I REQUESTED THE REPLACE THE COMPUTER AS I WAS TIRED OF RETURNING IT EVERY FEW WEEKS FOR REPAIR.

THEY REFUSED. THEY OFFERED ME $750.00 AS A SETTLEMENT FOR A COMPUTER I PAID $1200.00 FOR. I REFUSED THEIR OFFER AND DEMAND A FAIR EXCHANGE OR A TOTAL REFUND. THEY REFUSED.

I TOOK THEM TO COURT.

THE COURT AWARDED ME $550.00 AND BEST BUY KEPT THE COMPUTER AND $600.00 FOR A COMPUTER THAT NEVER WORKED PROPERLY. I NEVER COLLECTED ANY MONEY FROM BEST BUY.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1278400 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1278400.
1.5

CDW - Computer that doesn’t work

This company is a rip off. I ordered my computer through my company because I was going to work from home.

First of all, they not shipping me things which prolonged my work. Then my computer stops working properly. I have dual screens. One of the screens just blink on & off all day for no reason.

I paid a total of around $1500 for all this equipment. I haven’t had it a year yet & it’s given me so many problems. I called CDW & wrote a review on their website. I got a response from a supervisor who was supposed to call me about a replacement or tech support & never could reach her again, of course.

HP has been very helpful. They even sent someone out to replace the motherboard after I’ve only had this computer for 9 months. CDW was no help. Im convinced they sold me a refurbished computer.

Save your money & get your equipment somewhere else. Now I’m stuck purchasing another computer.

Bad quality
Review #1271807 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1271807.

Best Buy - Terrible Service

Let me preface the following issue by saying that unfortunately I had to purchase a PC at 8:45pm or I never would have went to Best Buy. I have had nothing but poor service and quit shopping there years ago.I purchased a PC from Best Buy on April 16th 2018.

I plugged it in and followed the prompts. Windows did not seem to load correctly because every time I restarted it would come up with an error. I tried several different avenues to fix the problem. I had my IT guy work on it as well. He though we should purchase Windows 10 Pro , so I did and loaded it on the PC. This fixed an issue connecting to our server but not the fact that “windows did not load properly”kept appearing at a restart. I had over 20 hours invested in fixing the problem as well as my IT guy’s time. If I did not restart it would function properly(which is not really proper at all). On April 25th I went on vacation. I returned on Saturday May 5th from Hawaii. I came in to work this morning with the screen locked up so ,of course, I restarted it and ,of course, the PC came up with the same error.

At this point I felt I had wasted enough time on this PC so I gathered it up to return it. At the store I was told the return period ended the 29th of April. I explained I was out of town(it is painfully obvious from my dark brown skin that I had been away). They said “ we can have geek squad look at it or give you a store credit” . I just want to return it- I offered to produce my plane tickets as proof of my trip but unfortunately they could care less. This is typical that “they got me” on a technicality and would only give me a store credit. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN AND WOULD NEVER NEED AN $800.00 store credit.

Hopefully Amazon puts them out of business because service like that will certainly be there undoing.

Read

Just format the damn hard-drive and install Windows 10 Professional from scratch. Also make sure the system drivers are not the Microsoft "Generic" drivers, rather make sure you download them from the hardware manufactures website.Simply "upgrading" from Windows 10 Home, to Windows 10 Pro is not a good practice. Plus formatting the hard drive gives you the added benefit of removing all the Software "trial offers" and other bloat-ware that comes installed on the machine.

Sorry their policy did account for your vacation. Rather foolish posting this.

Why is it that people like you always want a pass on return policies? You missed the window to return it and that’s it.

Best Buy gave you two options they didnt have to. Take responsibility for YOUR ACTIONS!! You can run a business, manage a trip to Hawaii yet can’t figure out how time works? Stop trying to play the victim because you victimized yourself.

You should have returned it within the time allowed. You did not. PLEASE tell us what you are using to justify your argument? BB didn’t plan your trip so WHY should they have to be punished for YOUR CHOICE?

BB didn’t sell you a bad computer, your issue is with Microsoft and their product. Not BB fault. You attempted to load a earlier version of windows on a newer device which caused a issue. Best Buy didn’t do that you did.

It looks like YOU and the choices YOU MADE are the real issue and actually has nothing to do with Best Buy other then they are standing by their return policy. Being told NO doesn’t make them a bad business.

If YOU cannot read the receipt in your hand to inform yourself then ALL of this is REALLY ON YOU!!! Grow up and accept that this is on YOU then move on.

@Durpa

Windows 10 came pre loaded and did not work correctly after reloading it 3 times. Out of ideas my IT guy said to get Windows Pro(let’s not forget the fact that the Best Buy rep was fully aware I was purchasing a replacement for a PC at work.) You would think he may ask if I was connecting to a server and let me know this one could not with Windows 10 for home) If I owned a business(oh that’s right I do) that’s not the service I would give.

Amazon will put them out of business or Microcenter certainly will. Count the days...

@Anonymous

And if the Same problem happens at Microcenter, what will you do?

h.kitchener

I guess you should have returned the machine very soon after encountering the problems. BB has a return policy and they were just following it.

I bought many computers from BB over the years but stopped after encountering unreliable service not to mention the irritating noise blared from their speakers whilst attempting to concentrate on shopping. I now buy direct from the manufacturer, usually HP online.

View more comments
GleamingNewt
Damaged or defective
Review #1249998 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Joy Systems - Activation of a refurbished computer I bought from Best Buy a few weeks ago.

Hello Joy Systems, I recently bought a refurbished computer from Best Buy, took it home, hooked it up, and the first thing I did was type in the Activation product key for Windows Activation on the little circle on the task bar. Nothing happened.

I have Mozilla Firefox, Google, Microsoft Edge, on my computer. Mozilla Firefox has already crashed a number of times, I cannot play any of my movies because my computer and my documents do not work, and yes, right now I am very PISSED OFF! If you have a solution to my problem I can be reached at malcot09@gmail.com any time of the day or night. Please fix this ------- problem.

I will be awaiting your response! Malcolm.

RepentantLizard
Damaged or defective
Review #1239005 is a subjective opinion of poster.