The Bradford Exchange Canada - JUNK COLLECTIBLES
Update by user May 07, 2018
Update on Bradford Exchange Complaint goes like this......Merchandise was returned requesting full refund. I have neither received any correspondence from them or received any processed refund to date. Merchandise was return shipped on April 10/2018.
Original review posted by user Apr 07, 2018
Interested in purchasing limited edition collectibles from Bradford Exchange? Word to the Wise.......DON'T.
We purchased two "Garden Delights" lighted wall sconces. Both came damaged or in not proper working condition. In other words they were junk for the price. Having contacted Bradford Customer Support regarding these issues we were told to return them.....for what?
Another one that is in the same or worse condition. I can't be bothered to be repackaging items dropping them off at a post office outlet and waiting again for a month for a replacement. When I order a limited edition collectible I expect to receive a superior product especially for the price.
Limited edition collectible indeed...........These appear to be nothing more than mass production Chinese junk. Shame on you Bradford as you know what you're selling.............Buyer Beware!!!!!
Many Etsy Items falsely labeled
Etsy states clearly what handmade means, but the site is full of items listed as handmade that are just drop shipped from huge sources. This is obvious when you compare what they are selling with what is available from other people on the net.
The same stuff. There does not appear to be any screening on Etsy's part as to seller's claims. False labeling abounds. For example, a number of sellers sell genuine hand-collected sea glass.
But Etsy has a number of sellers selling "sea glass" that is clearly fake - it is machine made.
I have complained about this (loss of revenue to genuine sellers) but Etsy does nothing. In the photo you can see the fake sea glass sells cheap and robs customers plus robs the sales from the genuine dealers.
Grandin Road - Not Trustworthy
I'd shopped for many years with no problems. The last 2 shipments arrived damaged.
I sent pictures of the damage and they said sorry return it and we'll take the shipping cost of of your refund. Wait. You sent me damaged goods and you want me to pay to ship it back to you?? The way the item was packed is some of the worst I've seen in 18 years of shopping online.
They claim to be upscale but I have evidence to prove otherwise. Bad customer service.
Horrible business practices. Buyer Beware.
Dhgate - First Experience will be my Last...
1. 8 weeks in advance, order and pay for 70 pairs of latest supercool LED nylon shoelaces for my son's birthday party.
2. What arrives is 35 pairs of the older optic tube version that small children cannot manipulate.
3. What follows is 4 weeks of reasonable requests to fix order answered with lies and nastiness from seller insisting I had "bought the wrong thing" and the "right thing costs more" and finally "OK I send you 4 of the kind you really wanted and we call it even." Recall I am staring at my order summary showing the items I ordered and the price I paid for them.
4. dhGate's clunky customer service machine finally rumbles into action and offers half refund. I accept (and they know I will). Dishonest seller never loses a single yen for the shorted order of the wrong item.
5. Pay more for the same order on Ebay but have far more confidence with their buyer protection.