I engaged Mr. David Talkington on September 15, 2015 to do construction repairs to a house that I purchased in , Indianapolis, IN. We had a written agreement outlining the changes to be made, for a turnkey all inclusive rehab for $10,550 to be completed within 5-6 weeks. Mr. Talkington had assured me that he was fully licensed, insured, and capable of doing to rehab.
I wired Mr. Talkington an agreed deposit of $4500 and on October 9th I wired him a second payment of $4000 with the remaining balance to be due upon final completion. I conveyed both in email and over the phone that timing was of the essence and the project needed to be completed on time.
Mr. Talkington also claimed that he was a property manager and could find a tenant. On November 29th, after claiming that the project was complete he had a tenant move into the house. He stole $1950 from the tenant in deposit and first month’s rent and told the tenant that the rent would be forwarded to me, however to date he has still not done so.
Later, I learned that Mr. Talkington had lied about almost everything and stolen from both myself and the tenant. In early December I was contacted by the tenant, who complained that Mr. Talkington was not near completing the rehab. Floors and walls were missing; the bathrooms had no vanities and had holes in the floor. In addition he had flooded the kitchen and ruined the floors and side trimming, and damaged the cabinets. For the next several weeks I urged Mr. Talkington to make good on his agreement, however he stopped returning my messages or calls.
On December 16th, Mr. Talkington emailed me to state that he had no intention of doing any more work. I immediately hired another contractor to finish the work, and was told by the contractor that he’s never seen a case so bad. There were plumbing leaks throughout the house in the walls. I’ve have an estimate of $4600 to repair the house; making the total damages $6550.
I want the return of the $1950 in stolen rent plus $4600 in damages. I believe he should be prosecuted for criminal theft. Also, I have found 3 other investors that have been ripped off from Mr. Talkington through similar experiences. Below is their contact information:
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- House Repair
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "The wall / planter he built has an uneven and unlevel base thus the blocks are not connectable and not straight / level. There are actually opening in..."
- "it was memorial weekend we was there Friday night the 23 24 25 and we left the 26 there address is 14090 e evans avenue..."
- "Most people think about famous models long and tall completely blond. We all love the long legged women but completely European feels boring, but what about Kate Moss. Most people..."
- "An individual named Iyron Davis reached out to our company about obtaining some of our products. He said that he was the founder of the company and his publication reached..."
- "Now, before I go to far, the order was placed through Amazon. I've never had problems with them before. I placed my order Friday at 9:59 A.M. and paid the..."
- "You guys service sucks and if anyone is thinking about getting internet with you guys they need not to do so, because I've had you guys service for about 7..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."