David Talkington, Stole rent and damaged property
I engaged Mr. David Talkington on September 15, 2015 to do construction repairs to a house that I purchased in , Indianapolis, IN. We had a written agreement outlining the changes to be made, for a turnkey all inclusive rehab for $10,550 to be completed within 5-6 weeks. Mr. Talkington had assured me that he was fully licensed, insured, and capable of doing to rehab.
I wired Mr. Talkington an agreed deposit of $4500 and on October 9th I wired him a second payment of $4000 with the remaining balance to be due upon final completion. I conveyed both in email and over the phone that timing was of the essence and the project needed to be completed on time.
Mr. Talkington also claimed that he was a property manager and could find a tenant. On November 29th, after claiming that the project was complete he had a tenant move into the house. He stole $1950 from the tenant in deposit and first month’s rent and told the tenant that the rent would be forwarded to me, however to date he has still not done so.
Later, I learned that Mr. Talkington had lied about almost everything and stolen from both myself and the tenant. In early December I was contacted by the tenant, who complained that Mr. Talkington was not near completing the rehab. Floors and walls were missing; the bathrooms had no vanities and had holes in the floor. In addition he had flooded the kitchen and ruined the floors and side trimming, and damaged the cabinets. For the next several weeks I urged Mr. Talkington to make good on his agreement, however he stopped returning my messages or calls.
On December 16th, Mr. Talkington emailed me to state that he had no intention of doing any more work. I immediately hired another contractor to finish the work, and was told by the contractor that he’s never seen a case so bad. There were plumbing leaks throughout the house in the walls. I’ve have an estimate of $4600 to repair the house; making the total damages $6550.
I want the return of the $1950 in stolen rent plus $4600 in damages. I believe he should be prosecuted for criminal theft. Also, I have found 3 other investors that have been ripped off from Mr. Talkington through similar experiences. Below is their contact information:
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- House Repair
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "20 years ago Nick Lambrinos renovated and converted two semi-detached homes into multiple dwelling units. He hired the appropriate contractors, Architect and Engineers to complete project. Drawings , Building Permits..."
- "Stephen Franklin Hess aka Steve. He preys on women under age from 15 years old above. I saw his profile online very attractive man but when i meet him..."
- "Purchased relaxed regular and it completely broke my hair all the way to the root I had it on less than 7 minutes. My hair used to be down my..."
- "This store is extremely pick and seem to pick and choose based on their own opinions and not on what is presented to them. While I understand they have to..."
- "An individual named Iyron Davis reached out to our company about obtaining some of our products. He said that he was the founder of the company and his publication reached..."
- "Good luck! We had a pipe in our kitchen DISINTEGRATE this morning and were told that there is no need for an expedited service call because there's not an active..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."
- "I went on to order 2 pieces of pet fillable jewelry for my 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl. I ordered this keychain for my son it was on sale..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."