Adelaide, South Australia
100% full

I hired Darren ?Daz?Richards, a sole trader carpenter, to do some carpentry work for me.

He asked for the money in advance because he was crying poverty. I gave him the money on the condition he would do the work the coming Saturday and he agreed. Eight Saturdays later, he was still delaying and still giving me excuses. I notified him I found a reliable carpenter and I asked for my money to be returned to pay the other carpenter.

Darren then started sending nasty and threatening text messages to me. I took him to court, he avoided court and never appeared. I have a court judgement against Darren Richards now. He damaged property at my house and I?ve heard from others that they too have had similar problems with Darren Richards.

Do not ever pay people in advance, only after they finished the work. I would advise others not to have any dealings with Darren Richards. Darren Richards also never once gave me an invoice for the work.

Darren Richards has done this to a former friend.WHAT WOULD HE DO TO A STRANGER?!!!

DARREN IS NOW ALSO ON THE BAD CREDIT REGISTER AFTER THE COURT JUDGEMENT IN MY FAVOUR.

Review about: Carpentry Services.

I didn't like: Unprofessional, Damaged items he installed, Threatening and abusive behaviour, Court judgement in my favour.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unprofessional Behaviour and Failiure to Provide Service / $1450
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Other Company?

Comments

Don't mention DARREN RICHARDS. That sleazebag has left a trail of broken promises. Remember his photo as he now operates under a different name.

to Anonymous #1073150

Very sorry that it seems you had a similar experience to myself.

As you mentioned, he goes by a different name. Just wondering whether you can write a comment stating which name he goes by now as I am not finished with this sleazebag yet? Thank you kindly, all the best.