Darren "Daz" Richards - Darren "Daz" Richards Carpenter - Unprofessional Behaviour Resulting in Court Order

I hired Darren ?Daz?Richards, a sole trader carpenter, to do some carpentry work for me.

He asked for the money in advance because he was crying poverty. I gave him the money on the condition he would do the work the coming Saturday and he agreed. Eight Saturdays later, he was still delaying and still giving me excuses. I notified him I found a reliable carpenter and I asked for my money to be returned to pay the other carpenter.

Darren then started sending nasty and threatening text messages to me. I took him to court, he avoided court and never appeared. I have a court judgement against Darren Richards now. He damaged property at my house and I?ve heard from others that they too have had similar problems with Darren Richards.

Do not ever pay people in advance, only after they finished the work. I would advise others not to have any dealings with Darren Richards. Darren Richards also never once gave me an invoice for the work.

Darren Richards has done this to a former friend.WHAT WOULD HE DO TO A STRANGER?!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Carpentry Services
Review category
Professional Services
review #739356 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Other Company? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 24, 2015 #1069306

Don't mention DARREN RICHARDS. That sleazebag has left a trail of broken promises. Remember his photo as he now operates under a different name.

0 0 Reply

Dec 03, 2015 #1073150

Very sorry that it seems you had a similar experience to myself.
As you mentioned, he goes by a different name. Just wondering whether you can write a comment stating which name he goes by now as I am not finished with this sleazebag yet? Thank you kindly, all the best.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.