Other Company - No customer service

I ordered three leaner shelves at the beginning of August. I was told they would be available in Mid October.

I waited and they delivered. But they were delivered without hardware. I called customer service to have the hardware sent. They informed me it would take up to 10 days to find out when the hardware would be available.

No one called. I called on the 15th day and was told they needed to check with the vendor, but they would call me the next day. No one called.

I had to call a third time and they still do not know how to get me the hardware. I am shocked that their customer service is so terrible.

Washington, District Of Columbia
Customer Care
Review #236635 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer236635.

Refused my sale discount cause i forgot my coupon

I live in Halifax,MA I read in your fly er of an 2000Lb winch on sale for 49.99 when I entered your Braintree store at 3:30PM.on Monday 11/7/11 I asked the girl at the cash register where the winches on sale were located, she directed me to them. I proceeded to look for other items I needed.

A five gallon gas can, A syphon pump and, A low profile creeper. I approached the cashier line and noticed the cashier swiping bar codes on A fly er. when I approached her I asked her if I needed the fly er for my discount she told me yes that I would be charged full price for the items in the fly er without it I told her I forgot mine and is there A fly er in the store I can use the coupon from, she told me no. I cannot for the life of me understand how A cashier would let A customer out the door.

After seeing A large amount of items in the shopping cart and loosing the sale.

Even Super markets will use a fly er from under the cash register to swipe the discount for a customer who forgot their fly er. After I was done talking to the cashier I asked my wife to leave the shopping cart with all the items aside and we left the store.

nikalseyn

You did the correct thing, even tho I suspect your wife was disconcerted at the time---sounds like my wife! In any event, you probably could have asked for the store manager, but even that is no guarantee of success. Just remember, you are in Massachusetts, and the citizenry is not all that bright to begin with---remember "the swimmer" Kennedy?

Boston, Massachusetts
Customer Care
Review #236118 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer236118.

Other Company - I want to see more products made in U.S.A.

I am tired of finding all products made in China. As a commercial customerI want to see more items made in this country. Too often I come across items that are definitely inferior. I will welcome some changes in this area even if it might cost a little more.

If any of your customers ( commercial or other wise)watch ABC news they musthave heard about the contractor who built a house witjh all prducts made in this country.

He estimates that if every builder used only 5% of the project it could mean immediate openings of 200,000 new jobs at home.

Thanks for listening. I hope more contractors will agree with me.

Chuck Shirey

Wilmington, Delaware
Customer Care
Review #232149 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Worst customer service from salesman to managers

People do yourself a favor never an I mean never buy anything from this store. I bought a box spring and mattress with a bed frame, told them I wanted wheels on the frame, when everything was delivered they sent a frame without wheels. Called the store it took two and half weeks to get a frame with wheels, when the new frame was delivered the technicians said all they had to do was put the wheels on the existing frame, it trusted them to know what they were doing, this was Sat 10/8/11, on Sun 10/9/11, I tried to move the bed and the wheel broke off, called the store and spoke with the salesman Paul, who promised he would call me today(Tues 10/11/11) no call, I called the store @ 2:00 pm, was told Paul is not working today, asked to speak with the manager, someone by the name of Dan got on the phone, after a useless conversation with him, and no promise of new frame by the coming Sat (10/15/11), I am expected to sleep on a bed with a broken frame. i told him if they did not get me frame by Sat 10/15, I would go purchase a frame elsewhere, he didn't even tried to resolve this more or less I should do just that, so much for good customer service, and they will not credit back my charge until they p/u the broken frame, which is suppose to happen this sat 10/15, so much for good customer service. I only wish I had read all the bad reviews before I went to this store in Secaucus, NJ. I strongly suggest that you do not purchase anything from

this store. Rest assure I will be writing the Better Business Bureau of NJ.

They S--K with a capitial S, I am more than pissed

Warwick, New York
Customer Care
Review #231327 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer231327.

Other Company - Corksuckers

i was recently in your establishment and there was no help at the customer service desk. i was in an emergency situation and needed a key cut-t/y for your help.

ok so this is word fil... u suck large eggs and my wife will NEVER come back because she says after leaving your place here *** started itching. come to think of it, my *** was quite sore too. do you use a caustic floor cleaner?

i think this may be the problem, as both are arses are now chapped. ***, mother just walked in...she is back from the dr.

and the dr. says she got syphillis from YOUR floors!

Champaign, Illinois
Customer Care
Review #230901 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer230901.

Other Company - Refused to sell me a product that was on shelf at regular price.

The cashier refused to sell me a Xmas basket for $1.00 because it rang up at 1 cent. Said she had to throw it away.

I agreed to pay full price; but she and her supervisor said "NO,they have to throw it away." I said, well then throw it way. The supervisor said, I can't I am off the clock. The cashier said I can't because I am on duty.

I assured them that they just lost a frequent shopper. I am in retail also, I don't treat my customer that way.

Sorry, former customer!!!!!

barb720

What store??????

Lol what?? Are you high?

View more comments (1)
Breckenridge, Texas
Customer Care
Review #230457 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer230457.

Other Company - Beware of Buying Paper through Alibaba

If you are buying paper through Alibaba.com please note that all of the "distributors" who claim to be from Malaysia or from Africa are scams. They ask for money in advance, but customers never see their money again - nor do they receive product.

Be careful!!!! And, if the price seems too good to be true....it usually is.

If you go to Alibaba.com and type in copy paper, and USA for the location you will notice that the companies saying that they are from Malaysia, for example, have a USA address and/or phone number.

The only problem is that most of the phone numbers have an extra digit and the addresses are not valid. Again, Be careful!

West Palm Beach, Florida
Customer Care
Review #226632 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer226632.

Other Company - Wake up time, sale assitant was so busy chatting,no time for customer

shop owners and assistant's really need to wake up to the customer who are spending the money in there business. attitudes to the customer have reached a peak in Australia that they are doing you a favor just by being there.sorry to break up your conversation but could you tell me where i could find -------, yer over there, and then carry on with the important chat with the other shop assistant. if you are unhappy in your job then find something more in line to your personality, try traffic warden.

shop owners stop complaining when your sales fall and blame it on the recession, look to how you run or do not run your business.

wake up time.

Wollongong, New South Wales
Customer Care
Review #226557 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Poor bassett service

TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!! TAISHA "FORGOT" TO SEND MY COUCH OUT.

A FOUR WEEK REPAIR WILL NOW TAKE EIGHT WEEKS, AFTER IT'S BEEN SITTING ALMOST A MONTH AT THEIR WAREHOUSE. I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH SUCH INCOMPETENCE, LET ALONE MY "LIFETIME WARRANTY" COUCH IS SAGGING LIKE A BIG LOTS CHEAPIE. (IM NOT HEAVY). SKIP THIS STORE AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, ZERO ABILITY TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE. WHEN I CALLED TO DISCUSS, TAISHA WAS "OFF", HER MANAGER HAS NO CLUE.. BUYER BEWARE!!!!! UPDATE: To add to my review, Taisha called me to chastize me for this review, telling me I "stereotyped" her (where?).

Incredibly snotty & combative to work with, maintained she did nothing wrong & didn't forget to send my couch out. (I still don't have it, not back when promised). A little humility when making mistakes goes a long way. My original post was based on a call from Bassett Customer Service to tell me that Taisha "had forgotten the couch, and that after a month of sitting, it would be sent out for repair for a ...

TAISHA "FORGOT" TO SEND MY COUCH OUT. A FOUR WEEK REPAIR WILL NOW TAKE EIGHT WEEKS, AFTER IT'S BEEN SITTING ALMOST A MONTH AT THEIR WAREHOUSE. I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH SUCH INCOMPETENCE, LET ALONE MY "LIFETIME WARRANTY" COUCH IS SAGGING LIKE A BIG LOTS CHEAPIE. (IM NOT HEAVY).

SKIP THIS STORE AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, ZERO ABILITY TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE. WHEN I CALLED TO DISCUSS, TAISHA WAS "OFF", HER MANAGER HAS NO CLUE.. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

UPDATE: To add to my review, Taisha called me to chastize me for this review, telling me I "stereotyped" her (where?). Incredibly snotty & combative to work with, maintained she did nothing wrong & didn't forget to send my couch out. (I still don't have it, not back when promised). A little humility when making mistakes goes a long way.

My original post was based on a call from Bassett Customer Service to tell me that Taisha "had forgotten the couch, and that after a month of sitting, it would be sent out for repair for a total of TWELVE weeks". The promised four weeks has turned into eight by the time I will supposedly get it back. These things happen, but it's the total lack of courtesy & humility (and professionalism), then getting chewed by her for my ACTUAL experience. (she hung up the phone on me when I refused to remove this review after several snotty comments) Her total lack of professionalism has further solidified my opinion of this location.

I don't believe this to be a "subjective" review, as it's based soley on my experience with this matter, and the correspondance I have received from Bassett, verbatim. On a positive note, the district manager Adam has been a pleasure to deal with, and has done everything possible to rectify my concern in a courteous and professional manner.

I would consider purchasing from his store based on his excellent customer service. **CLEARLY THE REVIEW BY "Z" DATED 8/24 IS AN EMPLOYEE REVIEW IN RESPONSE TO MY POST; WHO CARES TO COMMENT ON ANOTHER'S POOR SERVICE EXPERIENCE, AND COUNTERS IT BY A FICTITIOUS REVIEW OF WHAT GETS PROMISED, NOT DELIVERED?

Baldwinsville, New York
Customer Care
Review #226191 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer226191.

Other Company - Very messy store

Store in Perry, n. y. zip 14530 is in complete disarray. second time in 2 weeks that I have gone to the dollar general, I have had to move boxes or crates to reach items that I needed. today aug. 31, I could not get an item that I wanted to buy..because of boxes and crates piled in the aisles

We live in a small town and we really like the convenience of the store .

I hope the store will improve its work force so things can go back to being neat and inviting to customers.

I am 71 yrs. old and really should not have to move boxes and crates around.

Rochester, New York
Customer Care
Review #224725 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer224725.