Product: Cooktop Repair Clear all filters (5 of 5 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
Featured
1.5
American Home Shield - If there is a negative rating system, I would rate it a -5.
Cooktop broke on 02/01/19, Called AHS on 02/01/19; today is 02/28/19, and we don't have a stove. This demonstrates their speed of service. They claim their vendors need to schedule an appointment within 48 hours the claim is assigned, we got an appoint for 5 days...

I know you don’t want to hear this from a home warranty contractor (and ALL home warranty companies are the same—Old Republic, for example, is even worse), but here goes: There is no money being paid to the repairman’s company except the service fee you paid. It is paid based upon the first trip out, not subsequent trips.

The repairman has to operate at a LOSS, doing their work for a flat $100 (while supplying the parts, too) in order to get more calls from AHS. No more money changes hands later. That’s it. Denials of claims are used by the contractor as much as possible to avoid going down the repair road, in which everyone is unhappy with too, because of the time it takes.

Better to get the unhappiness started immediately with an outright denial, than to listen to al the griping for a month, and still having to lose money. This is why ALL the contractors who work for home warranty companies have rotten reviews, and can’t make it in the retail market. They become slaves of the home warranty companies. They are abused.

Yet realtors push these plans and think they’re golden. The reason I’m explaining all this (in vain) is that the plans are not worth what is paid for them, and it’s best to hire (and not abuse) the local blue collar tradespeople, and stop using these bs home warranties. You can’t make them pay the contractors more than the flat rate (and why would they?) They punish the contractors that charge more by taking them off the list, and letting them go, where they will fail, will all the bad reviews earned from working with home warranty people. Realtors need to know this most of all.

When you exert pressure on the home warranty company, it only hurts the contractor more, not AHS, which is where the problem is: THE CONTRACTORS ARE NOT GETTING PAID.

AHS IS KEEPING ALL THE MONEY. Is that clear?

Cooktop Repair
Pros
  • Website design
Cons
  • Long wait time for technician appointment
  • Customer reps -most of them
  • Long turnaround time for solutions
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Not Worth The Cost
  • Home Warranty With Long Wait Time
Support case 476839962 was opened for GE cooktop not working & my Vent hood not working. AHS sent contractors to my home and they said they need to replace the Gas valve for my cooktop. AHS ordered the part and I was told that part should arrive on 10/31/2018 to the...

That’s exactly what they want you to do, and it’s what you should always do when an appliance fails: Weigh the cost of repair vs. replacement and make your decision yourself.

Save the premium and service fees and you’ll have enough money to pay for what you need.

If a home warranty was such a great deal, everyone would have one. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Cooktop still not fixed
Loss
Preferred solution
I cant wait anymore, going to bu a new cooktop and AHS should refund that amount since they didnt fix the cooktop for 4+ weeks now
1.8
Thermador CFP cook top. Not serviced since 2nd week of August. First they tried to say it is not serviceable. When I insisted for second opinion, they sent in and the guy sent the feedback that even electricity is not being fed - 8/16- Issue logged - First service guy...
Cooktop Repair
Cons
  • Quality of service
  • Some subpar contractors
  • No follow through with promises
Loss
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Residential Home Warranty
  • Beware Of Coverage
  • Home Warranty Insurance

First American Home Warranty - Cook top and refrigerator not fixed for over 1 month

I had requested service on 11/16/15 for cooktop that had stopped working and refrigerator that was making noise it is 12/18/15 not fixed after several un answered calls and waiting greater than 30 min to get help we insurance service their service specialist Natalie calls me and says that they don't know when the parts would come so offer a cash option of 360 dollars and buy a new one cannot fix this as their warranty will not cover. the warranty they sold is they cannot fix than they replace she told me that they can fix when the parts arrive but don't know when the parts will arrive so that is the option. Now if they cannot get the parts that are back ordered how am i going to get them. so again they are cheating consumers. they only pay for cheap stuff but if the repair is expensive than they give you a run around which I am going thru right now. Has anyone gone thru this before as I am going to get attorney involved to bust their lie and cheat
Choice Home Warranty's reply to:

Choice Home Warranty in Phoenix, Arizona - Since WHEN is the fan NOT part of a cooktop?

Thank you for your opinion. For more information about our services please visit our website www.choicehomewarranty.com. You may also call our consumer advocate at 732-243-5964
Poor customer service

Have Home Choice Warranty (unfortunately). Cooktop sparked and causing circuit breaker to shut cooktop down.

Home Choice called and sent techs within a few days. One tech was quite nice but the second person was SNOT 1! Techs said burner and fan repaired. Not completely true.

Burner OK but fan rocker switch did not work in both directions as it had previously. Home Choice was called again with same nice person and SNOT 1 arriving within a couple of days. SNOT 1 said the fan was fixed (wrong) and they left after SNOT 1 threw the paperwork at my husband. Home choice was called again and said case was closed since we "did not respond to their satisfaction emails".

Since when is reponse to emails part of the warranty, especially since this is NOT stated in our contract? Contacting them via phone isn't good enough? We told them the fan still did not work as it did prior to issue but again we were told that since we didn't respond to their emails the case was closed and furthermore "the fan was NOT part of the cooktop"so they were not going to repair it properly. Since when is the fan NOT part of a cooktop?

We've NEVER known anyone to purchase a cooktop and and have to purchase the fan separately. According to wording in our warranty, fan repairs are NOT excluded. HOME CHOICE WARRANTY DOES NOT ADHERE TO IT'S CONTRACTS!!! This company makes up rules as needed to avoid making repairs.

BUYER BEWARE...THERE ARE OTHER HOME WARRANTY PLANS FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE. We are filing a report with our AZ State Att.y General and urge others to do the same with this company.

PLEASE pass this information on to others. Thank you