Coleman Furniture - Worst company

I purchased furniture from them twice, and both times, they were damaged. Second time I purchased a chest, I spent a few months trying to have them replace or repair it, but they never did by telling me that once I received the furniture by signing the piece of paper with the trucking company, Coleman Furniture became free from any liability associated with the purchase.

I am stuck with the furniture I cannot even use. They are by far the worst company I have ever experienced. I should have reviewed BBB website before buying from them.

There are lot of claims filed against them. I also filed claim to Consumer Protection Agency.

Read

Don't sign for damaged goods. Inspect fist.

Problem solved. I spent 30 years in shipping and receiving for a major electrical manufacturer ; follow my advice.

AgileBulldog
I didn’t like
Unethical fraud business practice, Damaged furniture resolution, Dont care about customer experience
Loss
Review #1339829 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.2

Rooms To Go - AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

Omg this company has the worst customer service ever! They delivered a dresser i paid $600+ for to the incorrect address and refuse to deliver a replacement for their error! Now someone ends up with a free dresser that I'm stuck paying for!! DO NOT!!! I REPEAT, DO NOT SHOP HERE EVER IN LIFE!!!!!! Save yourself the headache! I am beyond furious with their poor customer service and inability to help! I only rated it 1 star because i couldn't post my review without doing so! However, they didn't deserve that much!

SN: I PREVIOUSLY ORDERED A BUNK BED FROM THEM AND IT WAS DELIVERED TO MY CORRECT ADDRESS. HOWEVER, THE SETUP WAS VERY POOR! THEY LEFT EXTRA SCREWS SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN MY 2 YEAR OLD TWINS BEDROOM WHICH IS AN EXTREME HAZARD! TURNS OUT THAT IT WASN'T EXTRA SCREWS, THEY WERE MISSING FROM THE BACK OF THE STAIRS OF THE BUNK-BED!!! MY DAUGHTERS COULD'VE FELL AND HURT THEMSELVES GOING UP THE STAIRS DUE TO THEIR LACK!!!

DO NOT SHOP HERE! DO NOT SHOP HERE! DO NOT SHOP HERE!!

I DONT SEE HOW THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS! IT IS DEFINITELY TIME TO SHUT THEM DOWN!!

TellUsRTG

I would be just as disappointed as you are! Can you please email us your order info to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com? We would be more than happy to help in any way that we can.

RattyHorse
I didn’t like
Customer service representatives extreme rudeness, Poor customer service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1232472 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bad Boy Furniture - Worst furniture store ever

I have being in for over 20 years,I never expreince such hustle.

I bought a bedroom set (Champagn) back in Nov 2017 and they send me a broken Chest, all the drawers were falling a part so I kept calling for four month consequently before I got a respond. The costumer service is very rude and they dont want to deal with me.

She asked me to send photo of the Chest I did but still no respond again. So I went to the Store. I met their manager (Rahman), he was so arrogant to extend that he doesnt even want to talk to. He acted as if he was busy.

I left feeling very frustrated.

Finally they respond to mu calls and told me we will send a new one. The send another one with the same problem and another back and forth. They agree to send another but it has the same problem. They start blaming the manufaturer now.

I ask to get my money back because I was so pissed but the refuse. They want to send me sombody to put some glue in it! What a joke. I am dealing Rimpi Sharma , she just hung the phone on my by putting me on hold while I am talking to her and never got back to me since.

Today March 29, 2018 still problem not solve. But I will never give up because I paid so much money for the bedroom. When I want to the warehouse they dozens of the same kind of drawers and chests they trying to glue (easy fix).

Why they still selling the bedroom set eventhough they know its a bad quality. Very sad

Damaged or defective
Review #1221554 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1221554.
1.1

Coleman Furniture - Company selling damaged furnitures

Ordered from "Coleman Furniture carolina" a furniture. Opened the box and it was badly damaged.

They pretended to be surprised. sent them the pictures, and the shipping company came after few day a d took this furniture back.

I'm still waiting to get my payment back!

This company is selling broken/damaged furnitures which they collect from different manufacturers, while you belive to get a brand new furniture.

Customer service is horrible, and the buyer here is the only loser, frustration,waste of time and money.

Be aware! read reviews before you go there. I know already and did this horrible mistake.

user64600527
Full refund
Review #1206709 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Horrible experience and furniture from West Elm

Update by user Feb 07, 2018

So it been 1 week. 3 emails from customer service that this issues is being resolved and someone will contact me.

No one has contacted me. Just the same emails. Also the emails witht he contact information and phone extensions do not reach the person. Honestly, horrible service and HORRIBLE CORPORATE office with out any ability to actually fix the widespread problems.

Have made 3 phone calls - 23 min wait , 33 min wait, and 20 min wait....and still no one. Get another CEO and president

Original review posted by user Feb 01, 2018

I am thoroughly disappointed in West Elm. This piece of furniture, Tiled Buffet/Media Console, White + White Wash Item #: 107272 is one of the issues.

The way these issues were handled by staff - the furniture department, the delivery services has been unprofessional. The lack of communication between all your branches (the toll free number, furniture, delivery) is frankly astounding. The number of hours I have spent either on hold (20-45 minutes)or to reiterate the reason for the call has been extensive. Notes were not documented on calls, even though I asked the representative to do so.

The number of times (4) that a defective piece of furniture has been delivered, after resounding assurances that that would not be the case is unacceptable. I have had 4 credenzas delivered. After over 1 month of a wait time to receive the first. Order date Dec 8.

First delivery Jan 8, with continued Issues today 1/31/2018. I have the same issue with varying degrees of severity: the door are not aligned and with any use (1-2 days of use, not even 1 week) the doors fall, and hit the base of the shelf. The appearance: doors crooked, with them either abutting the drawers above or scraping the base. For a 1000$ piece of furniture it is a mockery of what you feel customers deserve.

The first 1/8 The credenza wass delivered and assembled. Upon assembly I noticed all the doors were uneven. The delivery men attempted to drill the doors in an attempt to fix it. They were unable to do so, took photos After explaining the situation to customer service representative (20 min wait) and furniture department rep (another 20-130 min wait) a furniture expert came and examined the piece.

He stated that hinges were not attached properly and a new piece had to be sent 1/12 -1/17 After multiple rescheduling issues due to inclement weather, the second piece was delivered on 1/17 Once again the the credenza had issues. The delivery men attempted to re align the doors. This time the issues was more severe and the doors were unable to be opened without either hitting the drawers above or the base at the bottom. I called west elm, asked to speak with a supervisor.

They mentioned that it may be a manufacturing issue, and that they will have another piece examined at the furniture department before having it shipped out. I asked for the conversation to be documented in writing. 3rd delivery 1/22 The delivery men attempted to fix the old piece. Was unable to do so.

They took out the new piece, before even attaching the base, it was noted the doors were not aligned, once again the doors scraped the base when opened. They repacked the new credenza and were about to leave when I noticed they had left the 3 doors hanging loose on the credenza still at my house. I asked them to at least place it in the same condition it was in before. After they left, I noticed he had not done so, and the doors were sliding off the hinges.

I called him to come back. I have 2 small children at home and this is a potential hazard, He said he would call the main base and let me know. He never did. Called west elm 9am Spoke with furniture manager Juliana - this as after a 1 hour wait.

I explained the previous events since the issues had not been documented. I told her clearly the piece was not examined before. It is a waste of time to have damaged furniture being delivered. Each time my husband or I have to take off of work to await delivery.

I told her that the delivery men had left the credenza in an unsafe condition. She said she would get back to me. She did not. At 6pm the same day I called again - and had another 1 hour wait time between customer service, furniture dept, scheduling department and back to the furniture department.

Spoke with heather 855 225 9905 7165049 She said a new piece will have a special inspection, and will only be sent if it is in usable condition. She stated that it was unfortunate that the delivery men had left the old credenza in such a poor condition, and after repeated explanations of the problem, decided to have it picked up 4th delivery: 1/29 The piece was delivered and assembled, the doors were aligned. After opening and closing it a few times that same day the middle door has dropped - leading to a large gap above, and scraping of the base. In addition to all of the issues with the credenza, the mirrors were missing the hardware.

I had called on 1/8 to speak to a representative regarding this. She stated that hardware would be sent and received in the next few days. It was never recieved. Called again and was told the order for replacement parts was not placed and a new mirror had to be sent.

Now 3 weeks later (1/31) the mirror has been delivered. Since I am unable to take yet another day off of work, the boxes have not been inspected. I am beyond disappointed, and astounded that a piece of furniture (credenza) that costs $1000 is this poorly manufactured. The wait time, miscommunication, and overall experience has been one of the worst I have had.

If there are issues with a piece, do not sell it.

If there have been repeated complaints, have a reasonable solution. I can not fathom having to spend this much money and TIME on such a matter.

WestElmSocialTeam
West Elm Verified Representative

Hello- Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us, I'm truly sorry to hear it's been such a poor one. I've sent you a private message with my contact information so I can help.-Thank You-Sharla

user54550703
I didn’t like
Your inability to provide a product or solution for any issue
Bad quality
Price reduction
Review #1181129 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.6

Wayfair - Too expensive

When you put the same exact product on google you will see them even 100 dollars less in other websites like target all modern etc that is so bad for Wayfair please research for the best price before expend your money in Wayfair

Pricing issue
Review #1146481 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1146481.
2.7

Coleman Furniture - HOW DID THEY GET ANY GOOD REVIEWS?-The reviews on their website are fake.

1.It took 2 months to get delivery pf a $2100 sideboard and they wanted their money before delivery was scheduled. Pay Pal disputed it and I did not pay before the truck was on the way.

2. They give White Glove delivery and is warranted. Sounds good, right? Until you have a problem that you didn't see during delivery.

You have to report the problem within a 5 day period. I reported the problem within 3 days , which was a crack that separated the finish from the wood. It was under the top hangover so I did not see it when it was delivered. They said that I should get a furniture repair man over and they would give me a $200 refund.

I asked them how would I know that it would only be $200. and the customer service rep said she saw the picture and it would probably be less than that. Fast forward to the 8th day after delivery. The furniture repair person said that the sideboard was not put together properly and the nut connecting the top to the side was defective and caused the crack.

The unit would need a new side and a new door and could not be fixed easily. He suggested I get it returned and said he would write up a report. 3, Just try and get them to get back to you. I called the supervisor as well as emailed the parent company: Renegade Furniture.

First the supervisor was out of town. Then I spoke to her and she said she would get back to me by the end of the day. Didn't happen. Then I called the next day and she was out of the office on a family emergency.

So what would your take be? The warranted paper is no good because it covers accidental damage, not a flawed piece in the first place.

I didn’t like
Salesperson and customer service, Customer service and return policy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Replacement of sideboard
Review #1094821 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1094821.
2.1

Ezbuy - Faulty item - collect, return and collect???

Ezbuy delivered a spoiled drawer. Firstly, its bulky - yes i chose self collection to save on cost.

Being asked to BRING BACK to the warehouse / collection point. Hello? I paid for my item, waited 3 weeks for shipping. Firstly you ask me to bring back to you (who is going to bear the transport cost??) and then i have to wait for another 3 weeks for exchange?

When i engaged you as my agent, i expect the items (when i went to collect), to be ok.

If you failed to deliver, then it should be a business risk that you take, right? Now i have to go to your collection point 3x, and on top of that, wait at least 6 weeks....

I liked
Low shipping cost with prime
I didn’t like
Notification of order cancellation is took too long, No customer support, Not responsible
Price reduction
Review #1064744 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1064744.

Coleman Furniture - Total Fraud, customer service is the worst department

5/26 - I have recieved a defective hutch that do not close on 5/25, I was not home at that time and my parent signed the document which were presented by the moving person who got the furniture. After I came and observed the defect and contacted coleman furniture they were just trying to wash away my complaint saying that you have already signed it.

That is ridiculous even though I have the gold protection plan to cover any accidental damage. Along with the same order they have not delivered a night stand but they don't update anything regarding that order.

Also I had to make several calls for the past 4 weeks to get the order delivered. I have not seen this kind of behavior with Overstock, Wayfair.

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1052532 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1052532.
1.4

Lazada Malaysia - Termite borers pedestal

Wasted my money to buy a drawer pedestal from Lazada! They had send me defective / damage items. One of the panel has a lot of hole which I suspect was caused by termite borers. Yet the item come with shortage of installation hardware. There are no any wood dowels provided and short of one flat head screw which make me can't even install the pedestal.

Lazada only replied that they can't do anything as the item has already out of return policy coverage days. They just push the responsible away while I am getting the "rubbish" ! They even give me a wrong information of the seller. It was wasted my time I contacted the wrong seller for the return. Until now, they still didn't contact me back on my requests.

From many bad reviews of Lazada, you can realize that Lazada offer cheap price but the quality of the product is not trustworthy They are always provide the rejected, defective, damage or used items. I will never buy from Lazada again if they didn't solve my problem.

A picture tells thousand words, refer to picture below you will know my frustrated.

leeyung2000
Full refund
Review #960583 is a subjective opinion of poster.