Brightstar Device Protection - They use low quality 3rd party screen to my new iPhone

I bought my phone about 5months ago, it was still new, but unfortunately I dropped it and got a small crack on the edge. i had the protection plan so I might as well get it fixed.

I mailed in and got it back in 8 days which is way later than what they say about how long it takes (3-5 business days)

Anyways,

I got it back and restore from my back up file using iTunes, so all the setting is the same so nothing should be changed.

But I found out right away that the colours are a little bit off, all colours are a bit darker than it should be.

It turned out they don't use genuine Apple screen, they use 3rd party parts.

I am a loyal iphone user, and I only buy Apple because I like their screen.

But as Bright Star uses 3rd party parts, my phone just lost its worth.

If you are an iPhone user, never have this protection plan or never send you phone to them, they would replace it to a cheap 3rd party parts which way low quality.

I am going to ask them to replace it to genuine iphone screen.

ShakyGrouse617
Loss
Review #1422186 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Brightstar Device Protection - Worst company

I had warranty for my iPhone with them,after the LED of my phone had some problem they charged me 113$ for fixing it plus mailing charges ,and I received my phone ten days later?!!!!!!!!

Pricing issue
Review #1412141 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1412141.

Brightstar Device Protection - Scammers

Brightstar is a scam. They refuse to fix my Galaxy A5 that doesn't charge.

When my HTC Touch Diamond broke back in 2009 I called and got a HTC Magic to replace with.

I heard since then Rogers switched to Brightstar, please switch back. Also this is ridiculous I have to wait 2 hours on hold to talk to an agent to complain and get them to cancel this scam!!!

More details is too short (minimum is 100 words).

{{Redacted}}

SilkyWombat944
I didn’t like
Being scammed, This business is a scam, Whole experince from start to finish, Poor service, Any dealing i had with them
Scam
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1406625 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Brightstar Device Protection - They use cheap aftermarket screens for repairs.

They replaced a broken screen with a cheap aftermarket screen that did not work properly. The colours are off, it didn’t work properly, and it was dysfunctional.

Bad quality
Review #1377696 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1377696.
4.8

Brightstar Device Protection - Great experience

Phone was repaired perfectly at a local repair shop as promised. Rogers customer.

#1592083

Fake review, brightstar is going to be under investigation, my company and its lawyers are taking them to court, they are the worst company in the world and are stealing from people daily.

You’re a liar these guys are straight up scammers

This review is fake bright star does not honour their warranty. This company is nothing but an absolute scam.

Do not purchase any products from them. I would recommend AppleCare if you need a proper warranty. They will do absolutely everything in their power to not warranty their products.

Which is why every single other review is only one star. Don’t be fooled by this fake review.

Good quality
Review #1375698 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1375698.

Brightstar Device Protection - Worst experience ever.

My phone had a cracked screen, I sent it in for a free crack repair and they called me 2 days later and said my phone case was also cracked(which wasn't cracked when I sent it) and they won't fix it without me paying.

QuizzicalRooster
Damaged or defective
Review #1372999 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Brightstar Device Protection - What a joke

This story is almost unbelievable. Broke my screen on my pixel2.

Was told to go to a repairshop, that said they dont fix pixels. Wth ok. Other repairshop, doesnt have parts. Fine, just wasted 4hrs of my day.

So decided to mail it in. Took forever for them to email the shipping label. (4days to email? Get real) Sent it off, then got an email saying there was more damage done and it would cost me.

Nope i said. I want proof, asked for them to email the diagnostics. No email. They called again, so i said fix the screen and send it back and we will take it to someone to see what else is wrong with it.

Nope, they cant do that. Its all or nothing. Ok i say juxt fix the god dammed phone, its been a month now. They fix it, i pay the $100, but asked again for an email diagnostic report.

Nothing. Then They *** sent it to the WRONG ADDRESS. So the address on file was right but they sent it to the wrong one. What the acutal *** Seriously such nughtmare.

I want a refund. Non offered.

Is this company even real? Or am i getting punk'd

FruitfulGazelle
Poor customer service
Review #1364454 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Brightstar Device Protection - What is the point

My son broke his screen had it repaired great service 1 week later got rain on a waterproof phone and now it wont work he has had the phone 3 mths 2 mths it has spent in the shop with the repair company now saying nothing they can do have started a service request again the date the accident happened doesnt match had to resend with proper date then my liscense pic was blurry gottta resend that come on u take my 12 bucks a mth no problem fix the phone that you warrenty

SimilarJackdaw
Bad quality
Review #1346755 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Asurion - Insurance that breaks things when repairing!

I tried to file a claim for a broken screen on my phone. Was told that they could repair it but I would lose my waterproof rating.

Explain to them that it is not a repair unless it is to manufacturer specifications and they refuse to repair. Wtf

RawBumblebee
Bad quality
Review #1337967 is a subjective opinion of poster.

SquareTrade - Why Did I buy This??

On August 14th I used the pre.paid shipping label sent by SquareTrade to send my phone in for repair. I had previously tried their method of utilizing a local repair shop (I tried 2 of the shops that Square Trade referred me to, both letting me know they were not able to repair my phone.)

Following the disappointment of the opportunity for my phone to be repaired locally, I re.contacted Square Trade.

The representative, repeatedly told me that the phone repair would be "overnight". She was adamant that my device would be returned by the same time the next day.

Fast forward to tonight... 4 days, 3 phone calls, & 2 live chats later, and I am yet to receive my device.

My latest conversation with the Square Trade team left me so frustrated that my fiancé had to take over.

I have been told so many different things, by so many different people, that I don't know what to believe.

So I sent my phone to Square Trade last Tuesday, and in conversations with their associates thus far, they have only been able to inform me that they may have received it?

And if they did, they will be able to overnight it to me after the repairs take place on Monday... Meaning I would receive it on Tuesday...

But if it arrives later than that, they may need Tuesday to repair it, meaning I will receive it on Wednesday...

But rest assured, you will receive an e.mail with a tracking number once they do fix and send it...

Also, you can rest Un.Assured knowing that you will have to be home to sign for the Mystery Arrival Time package...

So you may need to request a day off from the job that provides your income to pay for things like your cell phone bill... & insurance.

God Speed to you on your Square Trade Endeavor.

GraciousHeron
Poor customer service
Review #1332444 is a subjective opinion of poster.