Montway Auto Transport - THE WORST COMPANY EVER !!! MONTWAY TRUE LIERS !!!

I booked to transport my car from Florida to Chicago. 1.

they were 2 weeks late to pickup 2. They damaged my car , $3200 . When I called to tell them they damaged my car, the dispatch person hung up and when I called back, the foreign man told me to not call back. My insurance company said they will get them to pay for damages.

HA HA you will learn !!! I should have know before I booked to move move my car, I have read so many bad reviews. There is truth of what the reviews are.

They are rude, dishonest, and act dumb when you call and send photos of the damage. Beware of Montway !!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1279569

Montway Auto Transport does not believe this site nor comments posted on it are properly examined or monitored. Creditable review sites monitor measures of authority, quality, and activity to determine genuineness of posted reviews.

They also require that both reviewers and companies follow specific rules and processes to ensure legitimacy of claims and content.

Montway stands by its services and demonstrated commitment to go above and beyond to assist customers with any issues. We proudly link from our website to several reputable customer review sites, and are constantly reaching out to mediate customer concerns, in-person, and online. Renowned for high-quality customer service and expert care, we are one of the few “A+” rated by the BBB with a 5-star customer review rating.

We invite you to check us out on any reputable review sites which monitor the validity of content and authorship. Feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at (888)666-8929.

Des Plaines, Illinois
Loss
Review #998953 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer998953.
Resolved

Resolved: Montway Auto Transport - Unreliable Car Transport Company

4.1

Update by user Jan 27, 2017

As of 1/27/17 this issue has been resolved to my satisfaction

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2017

I contacted Montway in early December hoping to have my car transported from Stony Point, NY to Naples, Florida in late December. While they informed me it was a typically busy time, at no time did they tell me it would be impossible to meet my timeframe (as it turned out to be).

I was given a pick-up "window" of between 12/27/16 and 12/30/16. On 12/26/17 I contacted them for an update. This was the beginning of 4 days of me contacting them and getting the same "don't worry" line. Finally, on 12/20/16 it became very apparent that they were not going to meet my time frame.

As we were flying to Florida on 1/1/17, I foolishly agreed to pay an additional $400 for a guaranteed pick-up date so I could have one of my daughters only have to *** one day of work to coordinate the pick-up on 1/3/17. Even with the guaranteed pick-up date, the driver did not arrive until after 4:00 PM and my daughter had to find someone else to take my grandchildren to sports practice. After the pick-up, my car was apparently taken to Clifton, NJ, where it sat for 6 days. It was finally assigned to a carrier on 1/9/17.

After that it took another 7 days to get to me in Florida, arriving on 1/16/17. I contacted Montway and requested that they refund my additional $400 as it really did not get me anything in return except for a guy to pick up my car and drop it off about 25 miles away. They promptly denied my request and said I was "lucky" I agreed to the $400 as they were still sitting on cars to be transported to Florida. My primary dispute with Montway is their lack of honest communications, which resulted in me paying an additional $400.

If they had been 100% honest with me from the get-go, I may have looked around for other transport companies.

All during the 13 days it took to get my car, all I got from them was "don't worry, it will be there soon". I will not be using Montway again and I am advising my fellow "snow birds" to do the same.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1283782

We invite you to check us out on any reputable review sites which monitor the validity of content and authorship. Feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at (888) 666-8929.

tom0716
Naples, Florida, United States #1280174

I submitted an update and I am not sure if it was posted. My issue was forwarded to the executive management at Montway and on 1/21/17 Montway offered me a financial settlement that I accepted. I give them credit for stepping up to resolve my issue.

Stateline, Nevada, United States #1277066

Montway are all liers. The need to go out of business. They are rude

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1280122
@Russel

View more comments (3)
Des Plaines, Illinois
Car Transportation Service
Pros
At least the car arrived without damage
Cons
Lack of honest comminications, Paying additional money
Let the company propose a solution
Review #994850 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Uship Disaster

3 weeks prior to pickup - coordinated and paid USHIP and the Carrier deposit to move vehicle from Oklahoma to Florida. I kept being told they would have a driver, they were working it, don't worry.

Gave them a whole week for possible days to pick up. Now the week is over, the Carrier - ADL Logistics asked me if I could leave the vehicle at a location with the key in it for the driver to pick up next week. No - I am not making that up! Then he called me back to say that ADL would refund my money - but not what I paid to USHIP.

Then - they left for the weekend! What a SCAM! I am moving to Florida in two days with no way of getting my extra vehicle now! Stay away from USHIP and ADL Logistics.

Every time I call USHIP customer service the guy hangs up before we finish talking. Unprofessional, unorganized. Save your time - call Mayflower or Uhaul.

USHIP wanted me to rebid - and asked me if I would rent a storage facility till they could get a vehicle there! Unbelievable.

LOL, I'm going thru this right now with ADL Logistics. Signed on December the 8th.

They promised 4 day pick up.

Its now Jan. 2nd and still has not been picked up.

U ship is terrible too. If you cancel you don't get your deposit back.

They just offer you a credit that's good for a friggin year. That's it. So please people, Stay away from U-ship.

And stay away from ADL Logistics. They just bid to take from the competition and leave you hanging.

Order processing issue
Review #986709 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer986709.

Montway Auto Transport - Montway does not cover for the damage

1.2

Montway is smart enough to be very helpful and supporting in the beginning. Since they created that trust, I gave them my business to transfer my vehicles from Minnesota to Florida.

At the time of delivery, we noticed damages to both of our cars. I filed a complaint with Montway. Every time I talked to the rep at claim department, she was very rude and many times she was unable to understand my point of view. I told her (in email and on phone) many times there are my handwritten notes on bill of landing but she was either ignoring it or was not capable enough to understand.

After weeks of back and forth, Montway told me the carrier (BS Express) who transferred our vehicles is denying it and all they can do is, facilitate and act as mediation. If the carrier is denying the damage or refusing to facilitate, it’s out of Montway's control. So, no luck there. I was also given the carrier's insurance info which is "Northland Insurance Company" to file the claim.

This company rarely returned my calls or responded to my emails. I don’t see any hope there too. In a nutshell, I have spent a lot of my valuable time on it and seeing no positive outcome. In the beginning, Montway promised to take care of my vehicles and cover for any damage but actually they are just lying.

Thumbs down to Montway. You succeeded to make a fool out of me.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1280133

Car Transportation Service
Cons
Dont cover for the damage their carrier makes, Late response
Damaged or defective
Let the company propose a solution
Review #964447 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Montway Auto Transport - Transporter ruined tires, Montway weasels out of responsibility

1.5

Montway sent my brand new, $60,000 Volvo S90 from Vermont to Florida with 4 Wheels 4 U Logistics transporter. Little did I know that this inferior transporter, with 13 Safety Measure System Data violations, would improperly secure my vehicle so that the front tires were damaged during transport and began to dangerously lose air 2 weeks later.

Both Montway and 4 Wheels have denied responsibility because "the damage wasn't noted at delivery." Apparently I was supposed to check the underside of the tires when car was delivered.

The bar is LOW for Montway's transporters, and they do not stand behind their product once a claim is made, claiming they are "only the broker." Never again. ​

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1280137

Miami, Florida
Car Transportation Service
Pros
Got the runaround
Cons
No responsibility
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #963497 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer963497.

Montway Auto Transport - Horrible experience

Bought SUV in PA and had it shipped to CO.

Montway allowed shipper to drive our car from the dealer's lot without our permission or even notification. We paid for vehicle *shipping* not for someone to come drive our car without permission. The reason we chose to ship the vehicle was to avoid putting miles on it. Montway providing erroneous information about who the driver was. The name and phone number they provided was wrong; the driver was someone completely different. Montway's shipper delivered our car with temporary tag missing (which shipper demanded be put on during pickup) -- consequently, we were unable to drive the car upon delivery because it's illegal to drive without temporary tags. Montway's shipper couldn't speak fluent English and he damaged our two passenger tires backing the car off the trailer. After this debacle, Montway refused to provide a refund for their horrible service.

I just had a similar experience with Montway two weeks ago. I recently had cares transported from Texas to Washington and my cars were driven in excess of 400 miles, they had greasy handprints on the headliner in the back seat.

Montway lost communication with the driver and was unable to located him or my vehicles for 24 hours (after confirming in writing they "maintan constant contact with the driver at all times". I expressed concerns to Montway they simply didn't care and told me my cars would be delivered when they got there.

Maybe if enough people share their less than stellar experiences they'll get the hint. Or maybe other consumers will be wary of the shady business practices and take their business elsewhere!

As for these complaint not being valid...I hope that someday you experience the same frustrations!

San Diego, California, United States #1280487

Montway is a competitor of ours, but they are probably fine to deal with. This is not a legitimate complaint.

Transport companies broker out pickups and hauling jobs out all the time, that is just the way it works for interstate transport. Montway is not going to be any worse than any other carrier out there charging reasonable prices. If you want perfect service you will probably be paying twice as much as the normal going price, that is what I have found. 4Wheels4U may indeed have sent out a driver without perfect English skills, but again this is how it is now, President Trump or not.

Again the above is not a real complaint.

If there was $3000 in bodywork damage, it would be a real complaint. Disregard this complaint.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1280139

I'm not sure if this company is a scam. They understand English when they take your order and don't get rude when they screw up.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1229767

@Anonymous

Montway your full of ***

View more comments (5)
Bad quality
Review #939740 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer939740.

Uship - Stay Away from them.

I bot a car in Florida on EBay and arranged to have it shipped through UShip (Ultra transport). They have lost my car and tell me to stick it.

Don't use them. I am going to try and get an injunction against them and get EBay not to solicit their business and I would hope you would do the same. They promise, promise promise, promise, promise, promise, promise, promise and don't deliver.

There are other more reliable services and I would strongly suggest that you use them instead. I do believe that if enough people contact EBay it will significantly impact their business and people will go elsewhere.

Fort Stockton, Texas, United States #1268556

Ebay and Uship are owned by same co. dont think you will get any help from Ebay

Sherman Oaks, California
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #928915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Uship - Car Transportation Service Review from London, London

1.4

A NIGHTMARE,

Transporter not on time ( 4 hours delayed ), trailer too small for my car . ..

Relisted my add for a new bid and I ve been charged twice as fees and commission.

It s now a week that I am trying to get refunded with a very bad communication from uship staff..

Nothing ...

It s one of the worse experience in customer service I have ever encountered..

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States #1236787

I think the problem lies with the customer also. They are looking to transport vehicles for less than $ 0.50 per mile.

You can either do it cheap or you can do it right. Most decide to do it cheap and then wish they would have done it right. If your looking for transportation I have DOT / MCC Insurance.

I offer Enclosed Transportation at $ 1.25 per mile. email hemidaytna@aol.com

London, England
Pricing issue
Review #888421 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer888421.

Montway Auto Transport - Delivery Service Review from Miami, Florida

Montway is awesome they transported my car from chicago to florida i called wednesday they got my car the same day they said i would have it by sunday i recieved it sunday morning just like they said customer service was nice the driver was polite brought my car to me with no damages and on time. Ill recommend this company to anyone who needs there car transported awesome 2 thumbs up

Miami, Florida
Good quality
Review #884731 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer884731.

Montway Auto Transport - Horrible Experience

Where to begin with the awful and costly mistake with entrusting Montway for my auto transport needs.

First, my car was scheduled to be picked up, along what I was told during booking was a popular route, on or after 9 May. I needed it picked up before 12 May, and stated as much at booking and in repeated phone calls. Instead, I had to give my car to a friend to allow for pick up later. Later turned out to be 16 May, seven days after the first possible pick up day and four days after I needed it picked up. It was supposed to be picked up from my friends house. Instead, my friend had to pick up the driver, bring him to the house, and then the driver drove the car away to load on the trailer.

Second, during the process I was repeatedly told not to worry. This was a lie. I was told everything would be fine and my car would be picked up on time and at the agreed price. Again, a lie. I ended up paying 20% more for a service that was late, both in picking up my vehicle and late in delivering it.

Third, delivery was delayed based on the original estimated delivery. My car was dispatched and I agreed to be extorted for more money based on a pickup and delivery estimate that would have my car delivered on 19 May. The day after my car was picked up, the estimate was revised to 20 May. The eventual delivery date was the evening of 22 May. In other words, delivery took twice as long as the original estimate at 120% of the original cost.

Fourth, the driver showed up without the bill of lading. How is this a preferred carrier?

Five and finally, the inability of Montway reps to adequately convey information was one of the most frustrating aspects of this whole ordeal. Additionally, when I am the person initiating almost all contact, since I never received call backs or had people provide updates as promised, it makes me wonder what service I was paying for.

I will never again use Montway. They are a bunch of liars and should be investigated for their methods of extortion. Be warned.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1175841

Shalimar, Florida
Not as described/ advertised
Review #864485 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer864485.