Uship - Not getting service i paid for!

I paid upfront thru uship to have. A car shipped..

Was suppose to be picked up within 3 days. Today is day 6 and still not picked up!

I have used uhip several time and will continue to sonso if u get it straightend out.. The $1900 i just spend and mot getting the service i paid for is really *** me off!

Order processing issue
Review #1220475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Montway Auto Transport - They are just brokers

Don't choose Montway. They are just brokers.

If cargo carrier damages your vehicle, they say they are not responsible. Cargo carrier also does not pay and you will have fix your vehicle with your own money. The carriers they are employing are not of trustworthy. Sometimes cargo carrier can use your vehicle and they really noting Montway does about it.

Cargo carriers became very clever these days, when vehicle is damaged they fix it on their own and repaint it and deliver it in the night time so that you will take your vehicle and later they say that you damaged the vehicle not them. Big time cheating is going on.

Car carriers have insurance. Most carry at least $250,000.

Our insurance was over $1,800 a month. My friend pays $59,000 a year for two trucks. The carrier is ALWAYS responsible for damage and if Montway didn't go to bat for you, they should have.

What does your contract with THEM say? What does CARRIER contract say?

@E Sellick

Carrier is not answering calls from Montway or I. Montway says, we can’t reach them and don’t do anything.

Montway Auto Transport does not believe this site nor comments posted on it are properly examined or monitored. Creditable review sites monitor measures of authority, quality, and activity to determine genuineness of posted reviews.

They also require that both reviewers and companies follow specific rules and processes to ensure legitimacy of claims and content.Montway stands by its services and demonstrated commitment to go above and beyond to assist customers with any issues. We proudly link from our website to several reputable customer review sites, and are constantly reaching out to mediate customer concerns, in-person, and online.

Renowned for high-quality customer service and expert care, we are one of the few “A+” rated by the BBB with a 5-star customer review rating.We invite you to check us out on any reputable review sites which monitor the validity of content and authorship. Feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at (888)666-8929.

@Montway Auto Transport

everything was accurate on what has been complained on. BBB also just do the same brokering.

They haven’t been transparent enough to trust their rating. Just don’t employ people who don’t even respond to your calls.

View more comments (3)
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1217829 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Montway Auto Transport - Rip off~!

Very unprofessional , would say and promise anything to get your deposit money, they told me i can fill up my car with some of my clothes since i was moving cross country, when it arrived in NJ , all of it was tossed out by the driver, saying it was making the car over weight and by law you are NOT suppose to have anything inside, i made some calls to the DOT and the driver was right, Montway charged me extra money to have these items in the vehicle, they did not tell me i was taking a risk . they would not refund my deposit for the stuff i put in my car which was $150 ..they said they would send me a gift card for my next transport with them, are you kidding me??? never doing business with them again

We have 2 cars on our trailer right now packed to the roof and trunk is full. We are not a moving company but we don't throw he stuff out either.

We try to negotiate more money in case we do get an over weight ticket. Which, btw WE pay.

Not you. Not Montway who has no business telling ANYONE "yeah, go ahead, load your car".

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • Montway Scam
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Review #1184060 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1184060.

Montway Auto Transport - Horrible customer service/ non- Accommodating

Montway was the shipping company who picked up my car shipping order through the broker company called National auto shipping. I was told to ship my car from New York to California, would take 7-10 business days.

I agreed with the terms of paying the broker $195.00 by debit, and then paying Montway Auto Transport 1100.00 COD in California. I explained to the broker, that I won't be arriving to California until the 30th of January, so delivery on the night of the 30th or the 31st is ideal and is what I'm looking for. The contract was set up and Montway was scheduled to pick up my car 1/23/2018. The truck driver Chris came on time and helped me check for damage and also explained to me that he would be arriving in 5 days.

I was shocked to hear of this because of what I was told prior, that it would be a 7-10 day delivery. I was frantic because I needed to have my car shipped; prior to using this company, I was scheduled with RoadRunner shipping from December 19, 2017 to have my car picked up January 20, 2018 and they never showed up or called to confirm pick up, so I was behind schedule of having my car shipped, which is why I found a new company. From here the driver told me that he could park the car on the street for me and leave the car keys since I had a spare, and once he sends me video and photos of the cars delivery, I could then make the payment to Montway Auto Transport, I agreed! Moments later I get a call from Montway confirming this, and I was told that I could send money Via quickpay through chase.

I was told that If I pay with credit card, than I will be charged 3% so quickpay is better and I agreed. Thursday came and I received a call from Montway. (THIS IS THE MOST EXHAUSTING MOMENT OF THIS STORY, AND IT LASTED TWO DAYS!) I was contacted and asked "when I was going to send the payment over"? I stated when the car is delivered, and I had already arranged the quick payment with someone two days prior and the driver will also send me video and photos of the car.

The woman I spoke to said, that can't be right since the car will be delivered on Sunday, and they will need the money before then because it's not longer COD. I stated to her that I already spoke to someone and confirmed that I will send the money once the car is delivered. She said she will give me a call back. I received a call back from a man, and he was rude and dismissive and told me that no one can confirm my payment on the delivery date (which is Sunday) because no one will be at work to confirm it.

I then stated that, I was told something totally different and on top of that I was told that the car would make it there 7-10 days, not 5 days; I am being inconvenienced at this point. The customer service representative had no compassion and was not trying to accommodate me what so ever. He then stated to me that It's the brokers fault (National Auto Shipping) for telling me that it takes 7-10 days and I should take that up with them, and If I don't pay this money by the end of business day on Friday, than my car will be put into storage somewhere and I will have to find where that is. I WAS DISGUSTED!

I asked to speak to this persons supervisor and long story short, "Kenny"told me the same thing and was even more callus with me. Rather than taking the responsibility and the blame of having miscommunication with National Auto Shipping in the first place, Montway Auto Transport put the blame on to me and basically threatened me; that my car will be sent somewhere that I will have to figure out the location if I don't pay. At this point I am fed up and just want to meet in the middle. Montway Auto Transport stated, "how will they know that I will pay the money when the car arrives on Sunday"?

I stated back, "how will I know that you will deliver the car after I pay you the remaining $1100.00"?? I then stated that I want it in writing that the agreement has changed. Montway Auto Transport declined my statement of having a written agreement and told me to take it up with the brokers since they messed it up. (At this point I am fed up).

I called the Brokers at National Auto Shipping and explained everything and they explained that they put my car on an express truck....(????? Express????) I did not ask for that! (Obviously they wanted my business and money, so they gave Montway the order, knowing well enough the dates that I would be arriving to California!) I digress. Moments later I received a text message from Montway that they will be sending me over a contract for the change of service, that I will have to sign and return.

(which is what I asked for minutes prior) They send over the the email of the contract and it's a waiver, that states I will not sue for damage that is done after my car is dropped off at the location, I will send the final payment on Friday before the end of business day and I will not post a negative review on social media and not go to any media source. (???????) ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! How dare they try and silence me! I work late nights so I wasn't able to return the waiver to them until the next day.

Early morning at 8am my time, 7am their time; I get a text saying they haven't received my waiver and they need this waiver ASAP. 8 IN THE MORNING! How disrespectful! I then proceed to revise the waiver, because it is against the law to even ask me to do such a thing, especially when I am Being treated horribly!

I send the waiver back and I also pay the $1100.00 remaining balance, and ask for my receipt through email. From here on out I receive calls from the higher ups of the company. They state to me that it sounds like it's the brokers fault and that they apologize on behalf of their staff but it doesn't sound like they were trying to be disrespectful to me. They kept on putting the blame on National Auto Shipping when they are both to blame!

They then asked me why I crossed out things in the waiver that said I wouldn't write a review? I stated, because I will be writing a review, along with making a video review as well! I was contacted and mildly harrassed by these higher ups because they didn't want me to write a bad review. One was named Eleanor, They told me that they will see what they can do, and to wait until after the weekend before I write a review.

I have heard nothing from Montway Auto Transport and I don't think I will be hearing from them any time soon! Montway Auto Transport did nothing to accommodate me in any type of way. They put the blame of their miscommunication with National Auto Shipping on to me; I was given the short end of the stick, and their customer service was horrible. I feel that they took advantage of me and took none of the responsibility and still haven't taken any of it.

I will like to end on a positive note and say that the truck driver was very polite, and he really did help me when he came to pick up the car initially. That was the only positive transaction with Montway Auto Transport ; DO NOT USE MONTWAY AUTO TRANSPORT!!!

If a broker gives your order to them STEAR CLEAR OF THEIR COMPANY!!! I HAVE TEXT MESSAGES, EMAILS AND PHONE LOGS Please heed my warning!!!!

Order processing issue
Review #1182685 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1182685.

Montway Auto Transport - Wish I had seen all these other reviews. I would never use Montway

Spoke to Ron...the moment he took my credit card information he switched his tongue and said he would have a driver out later in the week, not "tomorrow" like he assured me before. I moved my family from east to west coast as scheduled in 2 days and he still hit me up $200 after three days for nothing!

The driver was now calling me three days later to set up a time to pick up my car. I'm already in California. So much for reliability. Then he promptly billed my credit card and forwarded the company's laundry list of rules, including their defense for charging you when no business was conducted between both parties.

They never moved my car...they just song and danced me...well. Unscrupulous merchants...this must be the best way they can make money...at the expense of honest people.

Car Transportation Service
Cons
Lying to custimer to get business, Paying additional money
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1130609 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1130609.

Montway Auto Transport - Careless, unsympathetic, and a big disappointment

Montway Auto Transport subcontracted to Robert Peralta of Interstate Auto Carriers LLC and has not suspended using his company. If you use these companies, you risk $3700 in damage to your vehicle that you will have to take a loss for or sue to be compensated.

Their insurance policy is nothing like they lead you to believe when leaving the deposit. Montway Claims Division is nothing more than a scam. They will prolong your claim as long as they can to get you disgusted. It will be weeks before you can actually get a copy of the carriers insurance certificate which is worthless anyway.

Careless, unsympathetic, and a big disappointment. Next stop, Court.

Des Plaines, Illinois, United States #1354032

Montway stands by its services and demonstrated commitment to go above and beyond to assist customers with any issues. We proudly link from our website to several reputable customer review sites, and are constantly reaching out to mediate customer concerns, in-person, and online. Renowned for high-quality customer service and expert care, we are one of the few A+ rated by the BBB with a 5-star customer review rating.

Car Transportation Service
Cons
Dont cover for the damage their carrier makes, No responsibility
Pay for damages
Review #1078532 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Montway Auto Transport - Personal items

2.2

stole access port value $620 and motorcycle helmet $200 shipped to marine Corps at Camp Pendleton from inside Subaru and asked before shipping from georgia if it was okay to leave items in trunk,pickup driver in ahurry and wanted to take picture inside and outside he said it was not necessary so i said okay but when it arrived in san diego both items were missing and insurance would not cover it,Montway used 3rd party EZH a bunch of *** crooks all of them, dont ever ship a car with Montway for your best interest how can people in the world survive screwing customers over?

Car Transportation Service
Pros
Price and ontime delivery, Price and delivery
Cons
Stolen personal items
Price reduction
Review #1071176 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Montway Auto Transport - Very bad experience

Dont book with montway.worst service provider. They kept me waiting more than a week after booking to pick my vehicle.

After that the assigned a carrier which said cant pick up from my address and asked me to drop my car in walmart. When i was already travelled another location. When i cancelled they deducted 200$ . They are very clever and without doing anything deducted 200$ .

Never book with them. Worst in car transport business

Poor customer service
Review #1062136 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1062136.

Montway Auto Transport badly damaged my car!

1.5

Made the huge mistake of contracting with MontwayAuto. All we can say is NEVER do business with this company.

They caused around $2000 damage to my car and they turn you over to the carrier's insurance company, only to find that the carrier's insurance will not cover the damages. Battery acid all over the front and side of the car, ruining the paint job and the driver dropped my car from the truck with the driver's door open and the door will not close properly. Clamp marks on the front and now I find that they damaged the exhaust system when I went to get it inspected. Another $300 down the drain on top if the 2 grand in damages.

Rain and snow will get in on the pristine interior through the now unsealed door at the top, so I cannot drive the car at all if there is any chance of precipitation. What was an heirloom gift to be transported to me from my elderly father, via Montway Auto Transport and their contractors, has turned into the transaction from ***. Be smart, don't make the same mistake we did. Buyer Beware!

Or better yet, go elsewhere and save the time, money and aggravation. Buyer beware!

What ended up happening? Did the carrier pay for it or did you have to take them to court?

All Montway will do is give you the run around. They do NOT cover damages, though they advertise they they do.

They also game the ratings system on their website and elsewhere throughout the web.

Avoid them like the plague. Company is not reputable.

View more comments (1)
Problem with delivery
Review #1042176 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1042176.

Montway Auto Transport - Extremely late 3000$ in damage stole my change, bent my lisence plate, worst customer service experience ever

MOST WORTHLESS COMPANY IVE EVER DEALT WITH!!!!!!!!They took 14 days to get to me. The incompetent driver never took my antenna off so Everytime the truck went under a bridge my antenna snapped down and took paint chunks out of my hood and fender.

Driver stole my change that I hid under my cup holder, bent the *** out of my antenna, and bent my lisence plate. After coming 4 days late you don't expect your vehicle to show up damaged. Now I have to deal with insurance claims and estimates which montway could care less because they got my money.

Then refused to give me any kind of compensation. DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with delivery
Review #1040960 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1040960.