Uship Car Transportation Service Review from Portsmouth, Rhode Island

I signed up with U-ship, to transport my vehicle from Florida to Rhode Island , recently. My vehicle was posted online for all transportation companies to see.

Initially, I had brokers calling me for and promising me $600+ to ship my truck to New England . As the days went on , during my bid process, both brokers and drivers were calling me, trying to get me to sign on with them and promising me a low low price but could never get anybody to commit to transporting my vehicle. Every day that went by they would call me back and say no one is excepting my vehicle to transport because the price was too low and they wanted more money by the end of the bid process the promises of getting the vehicle shipped for $700 went all the way up to as much is almost $1450. I have since deleted my vehicle transport bid on U-ship.

I have found a transportation company outside of U-ship, that will deliver my truck for $700.

It will be delivered inside a week . Very unscrupulous and dis-honest practices at work , here.

What company is that one ? I'm trying to ship a vehicle from Florida to NY?

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Pricing issue
Review #863733 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer863733.

Uship - Total scammers--DO NOT USE

I was trying to ship a car and they totally misrepresented the cost and the time it would take to get the vehicle picked up. Their web site said that the total cost would be $436, but when I went to fill out the shipping forms, all of a sudden, there was a $39 "Service Fee." Oh and then I needed to buy insurance for an additional hundred dollars. You can't speak with a real person in this company, but through their website I finally told them to cancel the shipment, but they kept a substantial amount of the payment "as a deposit for my next shipment." Liars and cheats.

I experienced the same thing, except my shipper had a disconnected phone then jerked around pick up times through emails. Finally blew me off completely. Not a bad way to make money for a company not delivering what they promise.

Uship then did same thing kept my deposit in form of a credit.

Dover, New Jersey
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #858035 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer858035.

Montway Auto Transport - Horrible

Here's how this works:

Montway is a broker. You give them your info and they make you a "quote." They take your "quote" and offer it to motor carriers at 70-80% of the price. If no carriers want to do the work, you wait.

Then Montway steps away. They tell the motor carrier to get in touch with you and schedule everything. There are no guarantees of "door to door service," no guarantees of delivery by a certain date, and no accountability if anything goes wrong. Why? Because that's between you and the motor carrier.

If you go to Uship, you'll see THOUSANDS of positive reviews. Why? Because Montway instructs the carriers to give them a favorable review in exchange for Montway giving the carriers a favorable review.

I had two cars shipped using Montway. Here's the gist:

On the LAST day of my available window, Montway hadn't assigned a driver and required that I give my keys to someone to meet with the driver in my absence.

The driver required my proxy to meet him near a large interstate (his truck is too big and fuel too valuable to get anywhere off the highway),

The driver arrived a day before my delivery window but would be unable to deliver the vehicles for 3 days after due to "personal reasons."

The driver instructed me to contact his boss about getting my vehicles. After lengthy conversations with a manager speaking broken English, I had my vehicles delivered a day late.

Both windshields (brand new) had spider cracks in them. A bumper on my wife's small SUV was torn halfway off because the driver didn't extend the ramp extensions when driving onto the ramps (according to my proxy he hooked the bumper when the front axle was elevated 35 degrees because he didn't extend the ramp). The car was delivered with half of the back bumper zip tied.

Fast forward to the claims process: They need time-stamped photos of any damage before and after. The second driver (manager) instructed me that he wouldn't unload my cars until I signed. The document you sign shields the carrier from any claims. EVERY car on the truck had cracked windshields. We'll see where this goes because the initial driver (incapable of getting away from the highway) didn't note any windshield scratches or dents on either pre-trip inspections).

Bottom line: This company is quick to point the finger at AND pat the back of the drivers regardless of the quality of service provided. They're a broker. Find an alternative if you don't want the hassle.

Montway Auto Transport does not believe this site nor comments posted on it are properly examined or monitored. Creditable review sites monitor measures of authority, quality, and activity to determine genuineness of posted reviews.

They also require that both reviewers and companies follow specific rules and processes to ensure legitimacy of claims and content.

Montway stands by its services and demonstrated commitment to go above and beyond to assist customers with any issues. We proudly link from our website to several reputable customer review sites, and are constantly reaching out to mediate customer concerns, in-person, and online. Renowned for high-quality customer service and expert care, we are one of the few “A+” rated by the BBB with a 5-star customer review rating.

We invite you to check us out on any reputable review sites which monitor the validity of content and authorship. Feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at (888)666-8929.

View more comments (1)
Cumming, Georgia
Bad quality
Review #851967 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer851967.

Uship - Inadequate Transport Trailer

4.0

Contracted N.D. Andersen Co.

through uship. I wanted an enclosed carrier to transport my collector car from NM to MN. Transport showed up with a 16ft. trailer to transport my 16ft.

long car. Driver tried to convince me he could get the car in and it would be safe. It would only have had 1 1/2 in. clearance between back and front.

There would have been no way the car would not have had some damage. Cancelled transport then and there... uship was great in the way they handled this. Jenny cancelled the transport and contacted driver right away.

They refunded me completely. While uship handled the situation very well, I lost trust in their choice of transporters.

I'm not sure how they check these companies out?

Cold Spring, Minnesota
Pros
Cons
Choice of a transporter
Problem with delivery
Review #793635 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer793635.