Other Company - Legal Extortion for oil pan gasket

2.0

I took my car to our dealership today for small oil leak. Problem: bad oil pan gasket.

Price: $60 for gasket + 3.5-4 hrs labor + synthetic oil change= $600! So, gasket is $60, oil approx $80 = $140. So why so ridiculously expensive? Labor!

$390 in labor for 3.5-4 hrs work! Man, I need to be a mechanic! Doctors don't make as much. Auto mechanics apparently have a monopoly as well.

I called 2 other shops in town and about the same the price. It's time I start getting some personal training in mechanics so I can fix my own. So, almost a weeks salary to replace a drip pan gasket for $60 and an oil change.

Wow! WHAT A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

Pricing issue
Review #1574597 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1574597.

MB dealer labor charges

Lupo66

5/30/2019

Reason For Visit

Service

"Labor charge " I purchased 2008 c300 4matic on 03/28/19. Car broke down 05/06/19 on my way to work 80 miles from home.

Car was towed to Rallye Motors MB dealer at 9:30 am. Service advisor called me and told me that fuel line is broken and my GWC warranty doesn’t cover rusted parts. Parts was ordered and arrived next day 05/07/19 at 10:30 am. Based on invoice car was ready the same day at 16:14 pm.

Total invoice was $ 2924.21. Parts was $ 67.02 and labor $ 2625.00 plus tax. Base on $175 per technician hr the total labor is 15 hrs. I spoke few mechanic about it and no one was agreed on it.

Also on same time dealer performed safety recall on driver and passenger air bags. After all,I don’t complain about service done on the vehicle,I just want make sure that the 15hrs labor done by highly trained MB technician is accurate and complain with Alldata schedules Please explain Thank you Daniel

Pricing issue
Review #1546644 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Quick Stop Auto Repair Of New York - NOT A MECHANIC A HUSSLER

SHAWN SOOKRAM, a GREEDY man poising as a MECHANIC.. MIGRATED FROM CANADA, do not have a green card nor his citizenship, however, purchased a seal to a mechanic shop on 84-12 164th street JAMAICA QUEENS, name of establish is QUICK STOP AUTO REPAIR' TO RIP OFF AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CUSTOMERS AND CAR OWNERS.

BEWARE HE IS GOING TO OVER CHARGE YOU FOR LABOR AND PARTS. and not put parts on your vehicle, nor fix your vehicle, and he do not pay the mechanics that work for him HE POCKETS THE MONEY. He will charge you so much money for an OIL CHANGE.

HE LIKE TO COVET, AND LIVE LIKE THE JONESES, DON'T GET SCAMED.

HE IS 4'11, WEST INDIAN, DK COMPLEXION, BEADY EYES, and now drives a white RANGE ROVER, LOUD AND he communicates by screaming.

IF YOU COME IN CONTACT CALL THE PICK UP SERVICES He needs to be DEPORTED, so sad, he say AMERICANS ARE STUPID, yet he is HERE.

Car Repair
Pros
Easy usage
Full refund
Review #1508409 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Took Car in to find out about noise

I had 3 problems with my car last year. If your Engine light is on, have it check for free at any parts house.

My air Conditioner quit, needed a compressor. Wanted noise checked out on car, $100 an hour, ok they checked out engine light, engine light does not tell where noise is at, took it back again, still never drove it at all. they said engine light shows small air leak. now want another $300 I said know, Firestone in London, Kentucky fixed it for free.

noise sounds like in Trans.

Tim Short does not work on Trans. why did I go there to pay $100 ?

Pricing issue
Review #1496686 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1496686.

Aspen Auto Clinic - Use Someone Else

3 words to describe Aspen Auto Clinic..."USE SOMEONE ELSE"

The first time I used them they got me out of a bind with my wife's car and were very friendly, so I decided to make them my mechanic. Her car then had a check engine light on, which they couldn't diagnose so they didn't charge me. They gave me a quote for just under $1100 to fix other issues. To have these same issues taking care of, Daniels Long (a Chevy Dealership) charged me $640. However, my truck also needed some work. I needed new spark plugs and wires, plus I had a leaking radiator. To change my 8 spark plugs and wires I was charged $486.69, which for new plugs and wires from AutoZone would have been $116. The quote to replace my radiator from Aspen was $1085, Manly Radiator on Wahsatch did it for $285. One more thing, the mechanic obviously doesn't double check his work, because when I got home and looked under my hood I found his spark plug pliers sitting on my engine.

So again "USE SOMEONE ELSE"

To Aspen, If you would like me to revise or delete this review then I request you return the labor charge of $163.14 on line 2 of invoice number 89397, because the labor charge of $74.16 on line 3 is a fair price for the amount of work done. If not, you will loose more money than I did. A review is a review, but numbers don't lie. Have a Super Fantastic Day!

MR Pitts

Pricing issue
Review #1480364 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1480364.

Healey Brothers - Recall Ripoff

Brought my daughters car in for a fuel leak, which I determined was in the fuel pump area and covered by a GM Recall. The Healey service advisor called and lied to me, telling me the fuel leak was elsewhere and it would be $ 800.00 to repair.

When I picked up the car, the service report clearly stated that the fuel leak was exactly where I told them it was and the recall covered the work, but to cover their costs they charged me almost $ 1000.00 to remove and replace the 2 fuel lines under the car. I requested they save the old parts for me to examine and sure enough, they were fine and did not need to be changed.

I will be back there Monday to fight it out. Anyone want to start a class action law suit????

In answer to your question, "Anyone want to start a class action lawsuit?" my answer is yes. I had a 2013 Chevy Malibu that I had been planning to keep after I finished paying off the loan.

I had one year to go - when my car suddenly took off while my foot was on the brake! It took off and hit the car in front of me! No one believed me, until after the police came and everything was said and done, my car would not restart so I could drive home. Also, every single error message popped up and all the lights inside and outside of the car were blinking and flashing out of control.

My car had to be towed from the scene! Both the cop and tow truck driver witnessed the craziness and then they believed me that the car was possessed. I contacted GM and they did an investigation and found nothing to be wrong with the car, in spite of error messages, one of which was "U0121Multi-Axis Acceleration Sensor lost communication with Electronic Brake Control Module." This was what probably cause the accident. But no, everything was fine as far as they were concerned!

I would like to start a class action lawsuit because I know that at least 167 other people across the US have had similar problems. What if my car took off and hit a pedestrian? Nope, it would have been my fault.

With my foot on the brake!! I'm really tired of us consumers being squelched and putting ourselves and others in danger with these faulty vehicles.

Car Repair
Cons
Customer service and quality of work, Being ripped off for an unnecessary repair
Service/ repair
Loss
Full refund
Review #1447211 is a subjective opinion of poster.

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R

1/1/19...I have a major problem / complaint with my local Dealer in the Milwaukee area. I took my car in a few weeks ago for about $500+ worth of unexpected repairs.

Last week Friday I had to have my Legacy towed to the Dealership. They called later in the day and said it would be about $175 to replace a relay. I told them I go ahead and make that repair. Than they called the next morning and said they needed another $600+ to replace a Computer Box.

I don’t get it and not very happy at all. Ready to sell my Subaru and go back to a Honda. I think that the Dealership did something to the “Computer Box” when they were doing some work on the Relay. Any suggestions on what I can do?

I have my Legacy serviced on a regular basis at the Dealership along with the Outback that my wife drives.

I have spent a lot of $$$$ on these Subaru’s that I’ve never had with my Honda’s. HELP!

Order processing issue
Review #1438176 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1438176.

Hendrick Automotive Group - Absolute unacceptable!

This occurred at the Wilmington NC location.

Its been over a month since my 2015 Dodge Charger was towed here after being rear ended by a drunk driver. My vehicle was dropped off there on August 3rd, today is September 4th and no work has been done to my car yet. After it had been there a full week I called and asked what the extent of the damage truly was and they told me they had not even looked at it yet. The following week I called again and got the same response.

The third week came to an end and I called again and was told they had ordered all the parts and that the date of completion was set for August 29th, and that they would call me when it was done. The 29th went by and I heard nothing by mid afternoon so I called and was told they were going to try to get to it before the end of the week but with it being the end of the month they were getting all the smaller projects out of the way before tackling any of the large ones. So basically they said they value meeting their shop productivity quota more than their customers.

That week went by and we hit the one month mark since they took possession of my vehicle, and I called again and this time expressed how unhappy I was with the lack of service I was being provided. I also told them they have had the parts to repair my vehicle for two weeks and asked why nothing had been done yet. The response I got was "I'm sorry bud, I get what you're saying and I understand. We're going to try to get to it by the end of this week". I asked him why it was going to take 5 weeks, 3 weeks after the parts came in, to replace a bumper, a quarter panel, a tail light and straighten the trunk back and got the response again of "I'm sorry bud, I know this must be frustrating, but it's not up to me". I then asked him who its up to because I was told he was the project manager and he gave me the name and number of the manager of the shop, who has not answered his phone.

I am tired of the excuses and the lack of explanations for nothing being accomplished in over a month's time. The insurance company handling my claim (the at fault party's insurance) is also wondering why it has taken this long and still not the first bit of progress.

This is supposed to be a reputable collision center....this is unacceptable. I will be advising everyone not to do business with Hendrick in the future in any capacity.

Tags
  • Jeff Gordon Chevrolet
  • Hendrick Collision
  • Hendrick Auto Group
Cons
Customer service, Have no ethics, Do not value customers
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1346855 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Subaru Of America - Almost three weeks in, still have to drive a rental

First I bought the car from Carmax. then days later, rod knock sent it to subaru for warrenty repair.

They finish car early, But I find an oil leak so bad, my driveway has a puddle and smoke coming from turbo side of motor. Waiting on Garcia Subaru to get my car fixed propperly.

Bad quality
Review #1341249 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Porsche Cars North America - DO NOT BUY A PORSCHE - TERRIBLR COMPANY

1.3

Terrible Company, Porsche USA dealership referred us to a body shop that's approved by Porsche USA to fix our minor accident...the car came out of that body shop ruined and has another 20K damage and Porsche USA does not even care AND WHEN i CALLED IN TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO EXPLAIN ALL THIS i GIT YELLED AT BY THEIR "CUSTOMER SERVICE" WHICH IS LAUGHABLE FOR A COMPANY SELLING OVER PRICED CARS TO AMERICANS...we never buy another Porsche as this company does not care for their ridiculously expensive pieces of metal....The body shop is called Precision Auto Body here in Reseda, CA....NEVER BUY A PORSCHE AND IF YOU OWN ONE NEVER GO TO PRECISION.

PleasantEskimoDog982

For sure

Atlanta, Georgia
Reason of review
Recommended Porsche certified body shop is a scam and being investigated by California Government for insurance fraud!
Loss
$22000
Full refund
Review #1340870 is a subjective opinion of poster.