ProTuningLab - Bad product no warranty support

My customer ordered a radiator from this company and after installing it in the classic car we went to test the operation for leaks as usual. Well all hoses were tight and when we applied throttle we found a stream of anti freeze leaking out from the inner core of a 3 core radiator (not something you'd see when inspecting or installing it, as no other damage was apparent before installation nor after).

After numerous emails and claims they can not open simple jpeg files or can not see the leak in the video file sent to them via public photo hosting link.

They refused to warranty the radiator. I turned it over to my customer and his lawyer as I will waste no more time with this company.

Tags
  • Non Existent Warranty
Cons
Customer service, Refusal of warranty, Claim of not being able to open jpeg file or video link
Warranty issue
Loss
Full refund
Review #1592782 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Wrong part twice

They send me the wrong radiator twice! I specifically said it is for a manual transmission and NOT FOR AN AUTOMATIC!!!

The picture shown is for and automatic transmission model car. What i need is for the MANUAL TRANSMISSION CAR.

Not as described/ advertised
Review #1563352 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Faulty parts

Bought a radiator from you for my Dodge Ram had it fitted by a mechanic. The expansion bottle on the side of the radiator is leaking the coolant out the radiator has covered less than 300 miles in the car. The only coolant that has been used is mopar 5year coolant

Damaged or defective
Review #1562176 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - I have a return don't fit my car

I return a rotors do not fit my car I want my money back

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1484113 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Damaged product received from FedEx

Receive damage box in which also it damage the radiator that was inside I am sending this back today tracking number 09 +919-591-175-4181 FedEx's confirmation of Return number is PRP 221-339-0100. Now that you have received the confirmation number from FedEx could you please forward my radiator so I can put this inside my truck at appreciated photo attached of the box

Damaged or defective
Review #1445974 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Received a broken part. Didn't know till I unpacked it a year after I bought it because it is a year long project

I ordered a radiator last year. I didn't need to install it until the engine was finally finished this year.

When i unpacked the part to install it, it was damaged. Rockauto will not exchange it due to their 30 day policy.

*** them. I will not use this company again aftet 10 years of buying parts from them.

Damaged or defective
Review #1443330 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Sold me a defective radiator.

Installed new radiator, when I added coolant found it had a crack in the seam. Called customer support.

They said take to local store and they'll be glad to exchange it. Asked how they were going to compensate for lost time and wasted antifreeze. Told them they should give me a refund and a new radiator. Only gave me a $15 gift card and a lousy Wtf $20 off my next $50 purchase.

This one lost them my business for good. I'm returning the radiator for a refund and buying elsewhere. This wasn't the first time Advance has screwed me.

But it will be the last! Wtf

I'm surprised you got that. Another big competitor of Advance is supposed to have a process of compensation for those situations.

My buddy has an account and carries a tax number as a mechanic business so not a simple shade-tree idiot like myself. Filed the proper paperwork and he's still waiting on the remove and re-install money for a reman engine that had a faulty oil pump.

Been several years. Wasn't the first attempt at compensation but was a bigger ticket item and it went about as far as the others.

Damaged or defective
Review #1403306 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Bad radiator

2.0

I got a bad radiator from them. Trying to get it returned for a new one.

Bad quality
Review #1400110 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Multiple warranty claims.

3.2

I purchased a Radiator after a few months it started leaking. I went through the return process and they sent me a replacment of course i had to pay for the shipping back to them.

After the replacment was installed everything was good for about a month then the new radiator started leaking. It is leaking in a different place then the first 1 but it is not a drip the leaks in the first and current radiator is a stream. It will lose about 4 gallons in 20 miles. Tried to go through the return process again but wanted to talk to someone apparently that is not possible.

So now the system tells me I can get a refund for due to having multiple issues. The problem is i still have to pay for return shipping so i am out $65 shipping twice plus the $175 dollars 3 times to install the part. I could have easily had a local shop install the part for way less money then what this is costing me now.

I should be reimbursed for some of these expenses at least. It is not my fault i was sent a bad part twice.

Madison, Wisconsin
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1326591 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company Products and Services Reviews

Carid - Horrible they don't care for health issues.

Update by user Jul 13, 2018

They told me that a full refund will be issued once I ship it back through UPS Today July 12,2018 but at least they should consider a Person with health problems as well walking under the sun and the UV RAYS HITTING her while walking then she gets dizzy and confused her ankles and foots are swollen we don't have another car to get around AND A BIKE IT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR HER ETHER. All wee want is to let everyone know how this place treats the costumers after they get paid for the wrong part and sometimes even faulty.

We bought the radiator for $207.79 thinking that was the total price for it and shipping was supposed to be free..

NOTHING BUT BIG LIES from them and we were also told that the radiator was made in USA WRONG IT WAS MADE IN THAILAND.. They are very Dishonest Never Trust a company that LIES THEY SHOULD NEVER BE IN BUSINESS AGAIN.

Update by user Jul 13, 2018

I am going to send the radiator back through UPS.

Original review posted by user Jul 12, 2018

First of all we ordered a radiator for my car 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on June 29,2018 OK we were waiting for Fed-ex to deliver it to us on July 3,2018 we never received it on that day we had to wait to finally receive it on July 5,2018 and after we received it and tried to install it on my car with the mechanic surprise it didn't fit at all we even tried to find adapters for it an none worked now we have to ship it out with the shipping label they sent through email this time ups has to come pick it up they offered us a replacement and we told them that we want our full refund instead now we are waiting for an outcome on this.. Mean while my wife has being walking under the sun with the uv rays hitting her day by day nothing is being resolved and now I had to involve BBB FOR THIS.. They don't care about no ones health my wife is asthmatic and she went from 8 hours down to 4 or less hours taking her meds and she is not often confused and dizzy from the harmful rays of the sun her ankles and feets are swollen AND THEY LOOK LIKE MELLONS.. and she's hurting .. This has been the worst night mare we have ever gone through with CARID

PLEASE BE ADVISED NEVER BUY FROM THEM WE KNOW THAT WE WON'T..They need to shut down the business once and for all because sending the wrong items a stealing your money that is what they do most THEY ARE LIARS THEY SAID THE THE SHIPPING WILL BE FREE AT NO COST WRONG SHIPPING ALSO COST US.. They said that the radiator was made in USA and when we received it surprise it is made in Thailand not USA As this guy name Victor the liar stated to us.

So Please be careful if you decide to buy from them again It is a waste of time and loss of money for most.

carid don't have no knowledge of what they are doing

and at most Stealing costumers money this is wrong open your eyes and don't let this happen to you. Bullshit CARID THIS IS FOR YOU. Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit

Car Radiator
Cons
Lies, Unwanting to help before i contaced bbb, Dont care for other peoples health issues, Bad experience i have had with them so far ridiculous, Shipped 2 faulty part
Reason of review
Doesn't fit and health problems with my wife.
Preferred solution
$190.00 + A Small Compensation if not I will take this forward.
Review #1302019 is a subjective opinion of poster.