Advance Auto Parts - Optimum battery red top

Purchased battery in ohio it went bad i was in north Carolina and had to figure out phone number that warranty was under. They exchanged it now im back in ohio and sure enough battery still under warranty and bad again they didnt update phone number and i cant remember what store exchanged it.

This stick with some expensive junk. In 2 different cars and dead in 3 days if you dont start it

Columbus, Ohio
Car Battery
Review #1480505 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Subaru Of America - Battery had to be replaced, bought new one need reimbursement please

4.4

I had to get a new battery for my Subaru forester 2017 already when AAA came to give me a jump, I cannot get a person to talk to at the 800#, The dealership did not help at all , dropped my call. I would like a reimbursement for that battery. Theresa Planning 4144168806

Car Battery
Pros
Subaru maintenance
Cons
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1450685 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart - No warranty on batteries

I bought 2 new batteries on August the 2 2018. They have been in a truck in a heated shop.

I went to start it the other day and they won’t hold charge. So I took them into the swift current store and they tell me there frozen cause the battery is cold cause it was in the box of the truck which was a 2 hour drive for me to get there and they won’t warranty them.. glad to see on the expertise you have for employees working there..

great warranty and service people. This will be the last thing I purchase from your franchise

Warranty issue
Review #1441061 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Company first that's good business

I bought a battery about a year ago. I did not have a receipt so I called the store where I got it and I was told they had a record of the sale.

I was also told the battery had a 2 year warranty and to come in to see what could be done. I had roadside assistance send somebody to get my car started. I got to the store an hour and a half later and the clerk I spoke with. Went out to my car to test the battery.

He said it was well within correct working conditions. It was 33 degrees out this morning but the car would not start. The guy said the battery was not charging but it had plenty of amps. So he suggested I go home and see if I have the same problem; if so bring it in and he would replace the battery.

Tomorrow's temp is predicted to be as cold. I ask how he expected me to get back tomorrow if it would not start. His look was oh yah that would be dumb wouldn't it. He said he couldn't do anything else.

Company policy yadda yadda. Please, what is the difference now or then. I told him I will never buy anothr part from Advance.

I left and found the same battery for half price compared to Advance's price. Now I know where I will go for parts from now on.

Half the price. I'm sure you got one *** of a battery. Get bent

That is their policy. BUT he was willing to change it out if there was an issue the next day which is not policy so you are complaining about that!!!

Maybe it was a fluke, you could have some kind of a draw on it or whatever. He has to do what his test says but he was still willing to work with you.

Peetard
@user69696

The point is that the situation was not going to change. What are you the undercover commentator for the company?

@Peetard

Well you don't know if it would of changed unless you take it back as instructed. No I am not an undercover employee for Advance, I am a retired TYCO employee who does not think he is entitled like some of the posters complaints on this board.

I had situations with Advance, Autozone and others but they always worked out in the end and I didn't tell the world, expecting pity and sympathy about my problems. Have a Merry Christmas, if that doesn't offend you.

@user69696

Well said.

@Peetard

Eat *** Advance is the best company in the world

View more comments (5)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1416268 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Leaking Battery purchased at store 2112 , Augusta, Ga.

2.0

I had some repair work done on my battery cable. The repair had to be done because the battery was leaking acid on the cable.

I returned the battery to the store, explained what I was told as well as presented the diagnosis to the manager but he refused to address my concern and adhere to the warranty. He told me to take the vehicle back where it was repaired and ask them to take the battery out of my truck. He is giving me the run around about this battery. He alleged that I have a history of returning batteries.

I’ve only had 3 batteries installed since I purchased my vehicle in 2011. The battery that was in it when I purchased it and one exchange. The exchange was defective so they had to replace it with another battery.

The manager of the store pretends that he can’t take the battery out of my truck. My name: Douglas Jackson Phone : 706-840-3415

Wow 3 new batteries in 7 years

Port Charlotte, Florida
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1356283 is a subjective opinion of poster.

American Automobile Association - Don’t buy any battery

Do not buy any battery from AAA. I bought one a year ago under warranty 3 years replacement guarantee. Just about 2 days ago my car didn’t start so I called AAA. Their technician check my battery and he said there is a problem with my battery and also alternator so I towed my car to my collision he check my car and he said the alternator is fine you need a new battery. I called the AAA again they sent another person he check my car again and he said I can’t change your battery before you change the alternator and he give me a pice if print out he said show this to next AAA guy they will change your battery after you done with alternator. Now we are in day 3 my collusion change my alternator and he test the old one and said that is still good however I change it for be able to get my $150 battery. Alternator replacement coast me $325 guess what they sent me a new technician and he said the battery is fine there is another issue I can’t change the battery. Mean while my car still doesn’t start I called the AAA they said because I change my alternator my warranty expired.

I said it is a big scam do not buy anything from AAA.

Please share it

Nuri Yigit

Warranty issue
Review #1319647 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Horrible

1.2

Came to get new bettery, which I did. Car was fine until Chris installed the new battery.

Drove in lot truck stopped. Pulled back around and went in and told Chris that something is wrong with the new battery. He plugged up the battery tester and stated that something is wrong with my cords to battery. Chris went to get the manager Steve.

I had aske Steve if i can have my old battery back get my refund and go to dealership. Steve said that he wanted to test my old battery out . He did and my old battery was not good. He stated that ot sounds like i have some electrical problems.

I stated "can i have my old battery back and get a refund." He stated no because i pulled off the lot. The Advance Auto Part is located in a shopping lot. I did not pull off on the street i rode in the next parking lane and came back in store because my teuck wasn't running right. I just want my refund and go to dealership.

STORE # 08616 8551 WINTON RD CINCINNATI OHIO 45231 (513) 521-4694. I HAD ASKED STEVE FOR CORPORATE # HE DID NOT GIVE OT TO ME. HIS ATTITUDE WAS NOT EXPECTED IN A LEADER ROLE.

MY TRUCK WAS RUNNING FINE UNTIL I CAME TO THIS STORE TO GET A BATTERY. I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY I CAN NOT GET A REFUND AND GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS

The parts store shouldn’t have to diagnose your car. Go to a shop.

Once anything electrical is purchased it can’t be refunded. Sorry you don’t understand but that’s the way it is.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1318783 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Batting

I purchased a battery and a few months latter i had to have the car towed and the battery was bad the shop had to replace the battery now advance will not give me my money back the only thing they will do is give me a nother battery so i am left with the cost of labor

That is correct. The warranty, as all autoparts stores for electrical items is that they will replace like for like if a defect!!

You should of contacted the parts store first or read your warranty before buying the other battery. Stuff happens and as a consumer you have to read the warranty.

Woodbury, New Jersey
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1312670 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Very very poor service

Battery was charged 3 times, not yet a year old, and because no code shows up, no replacement, there is no code because it was just recharged again by by Mechanic

Chicago, Illinois
Warranty issue
Review #1303645 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Battery warranty

Had to have the battery charged 3 times, and because no code on reading device no exchange

Warranty issue
Review #1303620 is a subjective opinion of poster.