3.3

Mercari - Return of damaged item

Received candles packaged insuffieciently and all the glass is broken

PertinentHarrier157
Damaged or defective
Review #1416896 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Joann Fabric - Flameles real wax LED votives with realistic black flame were lit with match

At my daughter's wedding I had placed these flameless votives in 5 fairy lamps. I forgot to turn them on.

A couple of guests lit the black wick with a match. The votives burned and melted the wax right down to the battery. The glass lamps broke and were all sooty. of course the guests did not know they were battery operated.

I think the black wick is deceiving (It looks like the wick was burned before) and a danger. I showed the manager at Joanns and she was not concerned because the box says they are battery operated.

They should be taken off the shelf. My guests could've been injured by the broken glass.- Donna Jakubowicz (dljak53@comcast.net)

Read

You and your guests are really stupid!

Wow sounds like you’re guests fault, not Joann’s...

Maybe you could have placed a warning on the glass. I put a clear cover over might with a note. Didn't look bad at all

Candle
Review #1372447 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1372447.

Kirklands - Candles

I am a very Upset Customer Kirkland’s discontented the Big candles why

They were Worth the money.

The new little candles are a waste of money 9.99 and they don’t last long the bigger ones lasted me two three months. I trim the wicks like it instructed and the little candles last 4.

Days only four days waste of money so I’m happye and my family won’t be getting candles any more unless they bring back the large ones I am not the only upset customers.

You have to dog the wax around the trim or so it will light up. Very upset

Read

These candles are only distributed by Kirklands, not produced. Cobblestone Candle makes these.

You can buy them at Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, At Home, Home Goods, etc etc... PLUS, the new candles are soy based, and burn longer than the paraffin candles. Do you trim the wicks BEFORE your burn them, EVERY time? I love the new 3-wick candles.

They burn slower, and more evenly. They do not "soot" as badly as the paraffin candles, and do not "tunnel" like the old ones did.

Totally agree!!!!! These candles are the worst!!!

Don't smell as long , less candle for more money and it quit burning halfway through. The old ones were so much better! Burned and kept there wonderful scents to the very bottom. I emailed a complaint as well.

Worst decision trying to change over to soy. I won't buy these candles any more.

Bad quality
Review #1196863 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1196863.

Publishers Clearing House - Cheap junk made in China

Everything I have ever ordered from PCH has arrived broken, or has broke soon after arrival. They will not give your money back, instead they will send you another junk item. You have to pay shipment both ways.

Bad quality
Review #1076660 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1076660.
2.2

Target - Candle Review

I ordered 2 concrete large candles, the stores near me were sold out. I received the package today, both were broken and destroyed.

Packaged in a box way too large and without and protection from being broken. I called customer service, they told me i could go to a store and replace them. I told her no the stores are sold out near me. She then put me on hold and returns to tell me i can get my refund at a store if i chose.

I drove to the store, they were suprised also at lack of packaging. Target won't get my business anymore.

I think a 3 yo could have done better at packing these 2 items, they showed me your business does not matter to us. I will spend my money with companies that put an effort into customer service.

Nursey66
Damaged or defective
Review #1030832 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.7

Times Supermarket - Candle Review

Valentines candy on sale, with many signs for $1.00. Bought 2.

Scanned $1.50 at register. I was sent to customer service counter. She refused to believe me, so I went and got the signs. Then, I told her to go look that the signs indicated that price.

She told me,"It is already cheap, maam." Refused to adjust price to sign posted price. I do not care about the dollar, but the "bait and switch" is illegal.

Pricing issue
Review #1009074 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1009074.

Dhgate - Candle Review

Bad service the dispute page doesn't work never got my money back. I order 24 candles.

Ridiculous size they are like a cork wine size. Not good for toys either children's don't play with fire . Nobody will buy that. So lost my money.

Never will buy there again. Ebay and Amazon are good.

Dhgate2014

Hi,

I’m sorry you are not happy with your purchase. Let me figure out how I can resolve this for you. Can I have the order number so I can check the order details?

Please do not hesitate to contact us through the following link if you have any questions: http://www.dhgate.com/contact/contactUs.do?from=nav_menu&ntalker=1 or send an email to customer-support@dhgate.com .

Regards,

Sil

Customer Service Center DHgate.com

Not as described
Review #1004041 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1004041.
2.3

Kohls - Candle Review

Lately it seems like the quality of their products and custoner service is lacking: 1) Ordered jar candles which were poorly packaged and arrived shattered. 2) Wore a turtle neck that I purchased on clearance and when it was washed, the entire sleeve came off.

3) Ordered night stands and found them cheaper elsewhere. Kohls would not match price because it was online. 4) Emailed customer service several times and they never email back.

I'm starting to shop at Target. I'm very disappointed with Kohls.

Maritza20163
Damaged or defective
Review #975627 is a subjective opinion of poster.
4.6

Bulbhead - Poor paacking, items received broken

I ordered Ten candles in glass container (rescued wine candles). $25 candles, on sale for $12.75, great deal.

They were sent in small cardboard boxes with only 1 thin piece of paper wrapped around candle, so no padding rattling around the box. So far 3/3 received show up as a box with shards of glass and a candle surrounded with cracked glass. I still have the other 7 sent as gifts that I haven't heard about yet.

I will have to call recipients to be sure the candle wasn't received broken. Bulbhead was great in offering to send a replacement, but what's the point if they can't ship it without it breaking!!!

Loss
Preferred solution
Wrap breakable items in bubble wrap or do something to prevent breakage
Review #968963 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer968963.
Resolved

Resolved: Pier 1 Imports - Candle almost burned my house down

I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and table the candle was on.

I called the corporate offices to let them know and the receptionist had an attitude and tried to tell me about the safety precautions, which was annoying and I asked to be transferred to someone who handles complaints like this. I was transferred to Risk Management and while the initial interaction with the the representative was ok, it was when she returned my call after speaking with another department, where she got smart and basically told me they were sorry for what happened but they could not compensate me for any of the damages...pics attached! This particular candle almost burned down my house while I was in it, did some serious damage the the wall and entry way table.

The woman asked for proof that I had the candle, like send them to label on the bottom, well that was difficult being that it burned up! Before I hung up the phone on her, I told them the candle should be removed and not sold because the materials they wrapped around the candle to make it "Pretty" was flammable and instead of telling me the safety precautions, and how to burn a candle, how about Pier One NOT wrap materials around a candle that is meant to be burned using fire.

#1319906

What happend? The same thing happend to me

#1319711

And this is why products now need to include disclaimers for the benefit of the unbelievably dim. Normal people read these disclaimers and think "No way, this is a joke. Even an imbecile knows not to do that", yet here is a demonstration of why they are needed.

1. you shouldn't leave a candle burning and

If you read, the stuff around it, is for decoration and it clearly states for you to remove that prior to burning.

3. You can't complain when you make a *** mistake.

It's not Pier One's fault.

5. Use common sense.

Lewes, Delaware, United States #1268053

Why would you fall asleep with a candle burning!! All candles are sold with a warning label.

You made a very dangerous mistake and do notwant to take responsibility for your own foolishness .

EVen if it isn't led candle... light bulbs heat up right ?

realm188
Mannford, Oklahoma, United States #1250617

You do know that on most candles, they have a label on the bottom that says precaution, right? But common sense should tell you to blow the candle out before going to sleep.

It should also tell you that you are at fault.

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1249301

how is it the company's fault you feel asleep with something flamable burning? Oh, that's right, nobody likes to take responsibility for their own actions anymore, gee I forgot. I mean, seriously.....

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #1249153

Falling asleep with ANY candle burning is 100% your own fault.

View more comments
Sherene027
I didn’t like
Are unethical
Other issue
Review #964983 is a subjective opinion of poster.