2.1K views

I was urged by what I thought was my Mozilla Firefox program to upgrade to a faster and easier program.Turns out that this was program had nothing to do with Firefox.

They very cleverly made me think that this was a Firefox program and the first day it seemed to work OK. As I used it longer it seemed to get slower and then lock up my computer. I had to restart the computer and then it would work for a while and lock up again. This program is called CALACOM.

I tried to erase it but I couldn't. It is a terrible program and I am getting frustrated.

I would hate to take it to a computer repair shop.Anyone have any idea how I can get rid of this monster?

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

I tried using these comments.Did not work for me.

I have Windows 8. Go to the Tools at the top and click. Then click on Add Ons. Then click on Extentions and Calcom should come up.

Hit remove and you are done.

If I can do it, you can do it.Am I am not computer savvy.

to Lois #1415486

Calacom did not pop up on mine instead two converters was there and i remove both of them and everything is ok. Thanks a bunch

#1401981

Go to "Options" within your browser and disable extension that controls your home page.

I was also getting a different weird notice telling me to update to latest version of Firefox.I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

That weird box went away when Calacom took over.

By disabling extension and by getting the latest version through the Options button in the browser, all my problems were solved.It was not necessary to uninstall and reinstall.

hi fella.. got to options > homepages > "an extension controls your home page" > disable extension. That should do the job.

If you reinstall firefox, will you lose all of your favorites, i.e. toolbar favorites, etc?

Me Too!!!Dang it!

Deleted Firefox ristalled old one because when try to download new one it take me to the same site that put this damn thing on my computer!!! I can't get that Picture off ! when I open firefox there it is!

I guess I will go back to Google Chrome.........!!Damit

to kathe #1401978

Go to "Options" and disable extension that controls your home page.

I was also getting a different weird notice telling me to update to latest version.I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

That box went away when Calacom took over.By disabling extension and by getting the latest version through the Options button, all my problems were solved.

same thing here. I went to add ons and added a tool to determine what opens when I click on new tab. It let's me pick what will open instead of defaulting to calacom

I had the same problem.Yes, like other users have suggested, uninstall the most recent Mozilla update.

Go to Mozilla's official site and reinstall from their page.

This should solve the issue, it solved mine.Thanks!

to Anonymous #1395637

I did & it didn't...!when u reinstalled it did it take you to the same page that got this on here in first place?

It keeps taking me there so I went into my documents & opened the last good installed one that was there... not the one that I downloaded today that took me to calacom.com ... i went info programs 86 & everywhere it was & deleted it!

I'm going to find official Mozilla's site & download it....thanx praying it works cause even tho I can still use ir I HATE that Picture on my page,,,,,,,