The Swiss Colony - Fruitcake a real disappointment

I have ordered nuts, sausage and cheese from a Swiss Colony every holiday season. My family has always enjoyed the fruitcake. The fruitcake with the rum was our favorite.

This year, the fruitcake was dry, crumbly and lacking in flavor. Did they change vendors? Did they leave out an egg or three? Did they not work the appropriate amount of rum in the mixture?

Sad thing is that the reviews on the fruitcake that were posted prior to me ordering the afore-mentioned fruitcake were overwhelmingly negative. They all sufficiently and accurately described the defencies in the fruitcake.

Let us hope that Swiss Colony “rights” the wrong in 2019.

FuzzyWhiteRhinoceros972
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1434876 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Walmart - Absolutely disgusted

So we order a cake for a birthday party went to pick it up and our paper for the cake was overlooked i ordered all our cakes from them in the past well they losted a customer never again

Read

Sorry, everyone isn't as perfect as you are. Sounds like you have ordered cakes in the past and have been pleased with what you had got or you wouldn't have gone back.

Yes, it is unfortunate they lost your order but we live in a world where most humans (obviously not you though) make an occasional mistake. Face it, it's not the end of the world.

They have other cakes that would have tasted just as good. They may not have been decorated the way you wanted but do you really think the people eating the cake really care that the didn't get to see the special decorations for a few minutes before it hit their stomachs?

Damaged or defective
Review #1430455 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1430455.
2.8

Figis - Granmas fruitcake

The fruitcake is very dry far below your usual quality. Mary Jane Kidwell, Grove, Okla.

DraftySaurian174
I didn’t like
Fruitacke very dry
Loss
Review #1426663 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Shoprite Of South Africa - Old cake

I went to buy a slice of cake got 2 chocolate slices got home this is hard as rock

SarcasticBluetickCoonhound
Cnr Ergo Road And 12th Avenue, Kwa-Thema, Brakpan, 1541, South Africa
Damaged or defective
Review #1335795 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.2

Fair Share Foods - Rotten cakes

This store is not doing favor to us. I have recently bought a “Danish cake” (see pictures).

After I came back home and opened I was so surprised and mad at the same , since after cake opening ( see pictures) under cover cake was rotten! At the store I did not see it was since was covered..

The expiration date was in (2) two days from the day I have bought.

I grab cake and I went to store asked for explanation and return my money.I have asked store manager, is anybody verifying all baked cakes before expiration date? no answer I was so upset, since I lost my all morning to go back and forth.At the finally I was told they do not manufacture those cakes they only sell, and I am rude.

Bad quality
Review #1319423 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1319423.
1.9

Figis - Terrible cake

I sent my daughter your Mother's Day Cake when I spoke to her today she said it was not good. She is the only one to eat a slice and said it was no good.

At $39.99 I expected it to be very good. I am highly disappointed as I buy lots from your company.

RevolvingMaltese
Bad quality
Review #1267967 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Giant Food Stores - Deceptive Practices

Since when is it acceptable to sell CAKES with no center ? I purchased a CAKE and when I got home and cut into it, there was a blockage that turned out to be a cone shaped plastic appendage sticking up in the middle.

REALLY, how deceptively sneaky can you get !!! How dare you ! Do you think people are so stupid they wouldn't notice or to lazy to complain about it. Explain to me the reasoning behind such a deplorable thing.

How would one even get a decent looking slice from something such as this. I have taken photos and shared this dispicable act with all my friends and family and also on social media. I will be shopping at the new Wagman's and buying my cakes there in the future. What amazes me is, the CAKE tray was designed that way on purpose with the intent to deceive unsuspecting customer's.

Nice way to do business. You no longer get my business...

Bad quality
Review #1254905 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1254905.

Walmart - Reduced cake

I have bought cake that was discounted from $23.99 to $10.00 due to expiration date, at walmart center located on union hills and 83rd ave. in AZ.

I have not checked receipt because i was in hurry. I took cake to work and when i came back home after work i checked receipt and noticed that they charged me full price even it had big yellow discounted sticker stating that cake was only $10.00. I would not buy that cake if it was not discounted!!! Went back with receipt and the lady in charge told me that they cannot give me my $13.99 dollars back because they do not have prove.

I cannot believe that walmart cannot review camera or something and daughter of the walmart founder is 68 billion rich. I am so pissed, this is not first time that they chit they customers, if they discount something why they do not cover old sticker with new so they cannot have this mistakes!!! I had have so many times this issues and many times i have cat this before i exit out of walmart. I should now better and check every time receipts when i shop there.

I am so mad that such a big company stills money from customer thatway. Please check your receipts when you shop at walmart.

Read

Step 1: get the walmart appStep 2: scan price tag with appstep 3: look at results of scanstep 4: pay THE *** ATTENTION!

Totally your fault.

user33603876
Pricing issue
Full refund
Review #1208133 is a subjective opinion of poster.

India Gift - Worst experience of lifetime

I have never experience this kind of service in my life. I ordered Cake+Dryfruits+chocolate all worth 3000.00 more.

They delivered the cake smashed up from the top priced 1000.00 then I asked for compensate, customer service said that you should check the cake before delivery, I am not in India and if I want to check the cake before delivery why should I order online, So stupid. Even this was not enough they indirectly said that the cake was delivered fine its we who smashed up. All excuses not to compensate.

I am never ever using this site anymore. Wasted my money.

Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1184653 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1184653.

Aldi Grocery - Dangerous mold dessert

I bought this Butter Almond cake for Xmas dinner. So sweet!

Bad quality
Review #1160084 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1160084.