Advance Auto Parts - Warranty isssue

So I tried to return my worn brake pads to Advance Auto store number 06070 in Winder Georgia Not only was the clerk incredibly rude but he was downright ugly telling me that Advance Auto did not cover normal wear and tear only a defect in manufacturer fault when I say lifetime means Lifetime right he says no the lifetime of the pad which lifetime of the pad should be covered under the lifetime warranty if you're going to have a warranty any corporate store should be able to cover that warranty not only did I waste a trip to the Athens store to return the worn brake pads I was told to take him to where I purchased them that their stores are not linked together on any kind of network I will not return to Advance Auto for no reason not even if I have to wait on it apart from another store sincerely a pissed-off customer Chris Deaton

Read

He is correct. Their ad states limited lifetime against defects, not wear. Its been that way for quite a few years.

#1620535
@Anonymous

This is true as most brake pad manufacturers have the same "lifetime" warranty. However Oreilly has taken it apon themselves to start warranting out worn pads as well.

Company wide. Come on down we will take care of you for the life of your vehicles.

@Thanx

I'm sure that's cost effective.

OptimalRockHyrax
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1413748 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Refuse to replace lifetime warranty brake pads

11-21-2018, I purchased rear brake pads for my car 2yrs ago and it was the top of the line pads that they advertise as the best and it cost 55doll for rear pads only and the guy at the counter explain to me these have a lifetime warr as long as you own the car he said when they wear down just bring them in for a free replacement , so today i did just that with the worn pads and was told lifetime warrenty doesnt cover warn out pads you have to purchase some more, and i had the original reciept and box and they still refused to replace them. Advance auto parts neers to stop misleading customers about lifetime warr parts when being purchased if there not gonna honor it. From now on i will purchase from autozone or napa auto parts.

Read

Learn how a warranty works before you go around demanding Freeeeeeeee ya fag

Their warranty states against defects not against wear and tear, that is what is listed.

SugaryBirdsOfParadise
Warranty issue
Review #1405677 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Rockauto - Bad parts

I ordered break's and rotors and the break pads was bad and grinding in my new rotor

FreshDogoArgentino
Bad quality
Review #1395754 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Bad brakes

I'm Greg Peters, i bought some front brake pads and rotors from y'all in may for my 2006 bmw x5 3.0l. The brake pads won't stop squeaking. I would like another pair or a refund.

OrneryLynx
Damaged or defective
Review #1326342 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Bad brake pads

I ordered a rotor and brake pad kit from RockAuto. however when I installed the brakes they were the loudest and worst brake shoes I've ever installed in my life!

(And i've owned this jeep 17 years!) I ended up using my previous used brake shoes just so the vehicle was drivable. The brake shoes are from a company called Power stop Evolution sport carbon fiber and ceramic performance pads part number Z 23477 evolution sport.

my order number was 89236863.

Worst break bads i have ever seen.

I'll be submitting a BBB review of the product. This is a real black eye-disapointment from RockAuto.

SoupyCrab
Bad quality
Review #1311042 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Advance Auto Parts - Rotors and brake pads

I bought the rotors and brake pads but had to return them because I coundn't get the rotor bolts loose. I was not given a full refund, I guess they charge a restocking fee. Beware it's listed on the reciept but only after you purchase the items Been using Advance Auto Parts for at least 15 years will not be using them in the future if this is there policy.

IntelligentWhaleShark
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1269544 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Brake pads

There parts are pieces of {{Redacted}}...brake pads look like they’ve been used ....horible place for parts

Bad quality
Review #1241373 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1241373.

Napa Auto Parts - Poor customer service

I replaced the ball joints on my 1997 ford pick up. I bought new oil and dustseals from them.

I was going to replace brake pads as well. Every part i got from napa were wrong. When i tried to get parts person to pull out book so i could show them what i needed all i got was attitude. I demanded my money back.

This all required 4 trips at 50 miles per trip.

Went to autozone and first time all the right parts. Will never buy from napa again.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1180277 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1180277.

Rockauto - Misleading

I was expecting ceramic brake pads because it mentioned OEM ceramic but I received semi metallic. Must be at least 100 words so just read the same message that I wrote above.

{{Redacted}} What a waste of time.

I guess I have not exceeded 100 words so I will just keep writing the same message over again. Blah blah blah

Poor customer service
Preferred solution
get some real customer service
Review #1147691 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1147691.
2.8

Rockauto - ROCK AUTO CAN'T FIND THE CORRECT PART, BUT I CAN ON THIER SITE!!!

ROCK AUTO SENT THE WRONG PART TWICE..... i LOOKED IT UP ON JEGS JUST TO GET THE RIGHT PART #, THEN LOOKED IT UP ON THEIR SITE AFTER GETTING THE SAME PART FOR A REPLACEMENT.

NOW THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR RETURN AFTER THEY REPLACED THE WRONG PART WITH THE SAME PART!!!, AFTER I TOLD THEM THE BRAKE PADS WOULD NOT PHYSICALLY FIT. I LOOKED UP THE CORRECT PART BY MAKE / MODEL EASILY. BUFFOONS!!! THE REAR SHOES WERE ALSO WRONG, BUT I TRIED TO INSTALL THEM, AND DECIDED NOT TO RETURN DIRTY PARTS.

i'LL TAKE MY LOSS AND JUST NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

HORRIBLE RESOLUTION, IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT THAT! HELLO, JEGS

Tags
I liked
Price, Cheap price
I didn’t like
Wrong parts, Lack of support and follow up form labor claims manager, Getting wrong part and no live person to correct, Miss-matched pats
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
POWER STOP 16812, the correct pads, and customer service, 16976 was too long both times. I am not paying for your mistake, why the *** would you send the same part twice anyway?
Review #1136585 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1136585.