Jcpenney - Worst customer service ever!! Custom blinds

We remodeled our home, and so in early July I ordered blinds for 7 rooms and 2 bathroom. It is now November 14, and the job is still not complete!

One bedroom has a very large window and 3 blinds were ordered to cover it. They arrived in different colors, most like from different dye lots!! The installer and our sales person agreed that they should be remade. When the installer came to hang the new set, they also didn't match!

How hard is it to make 3 blinds from the same bolt??? They have been ordered again. The worse part is that it is impossible to get them on the phone. I have let the phone ring for 30 minutes, and they don't pick up.

someone called me today, saying they wanted to come out again and see why these blinds didn't work. When I explained the entire situation to her, she said she would look into it and call me back within the next 15 minutes. You guessed it! No return call.

My next call is to the better business bureau! I am done wit everything J.

C. Penney!

FirsthandSiberianTiger
Damaged or defective
Review #1400697 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Home Depot - Worst experience ever

I ordered exterior shades online, was sent wrong products. Then replacement shades lacking critical piece of hardware, customer service dropped the follow through. No shipping info, how lucky I was to get in 7 days, what about courtesy expedited shipping for their mistakes. Ten days later, same garbage from customer service, still no hardware from company.

Will not use online service again, untrustworthy , no concern for customer care, no responsibility for product care.

Nothing is their concern or responsibility.

Shades I ordered in March for heat resistance in summer temperatures still lacking resolution June 2.

I still need for them to provide product and show that they actually care about this customer.

Read

You don't seem to understand that they don't manufacture the blinds. It sounds like they are passing the information to the manufacturer but the manufacturer is dropping the ball.

Order processing issue
Review #1270357 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1270357.

Lowes - Retail Stores wont honor online prices

Lowes is the first company I have ever come across that will not honor THEIR OWN online prices. My husband and I were looking for inexpensive blinds for our new home and came across a real bargain online.

Trouble was, some of these blinds needed to be trimmed down a bit- which obviously can only be done in the store (which was not an additional charge) and could not be ordered correctly online. We came in about an hour before closing, so we expected a little resistance, but only found it when we came to check out. The woman who assisted us and had the couple blinds trimmed down to size was lovely. When we got to the register, the total came up, and we noticed it was too high.

My husband asked if we got the sale price, which did not ring up properly, so the gentleman at the register did it "manually" but didn't properly discount it to the correct price. We realized this mistake when we got home and looked up the online prices again and then calculated sales tax. My husband called THREE different locations including the store we purchased from, and were basically told to kick rocks- they don't honor their online prices unless you purchase online.

Guess who will be ordering the items again ONLINE and then taking them right back to the store for a return? So unneccessary.

Pricing issue
Review #1186976 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1186976.

Lowes - Lowe's again didn't get it right

We ordered expensive blinds on 8/17/17. We borrowed a sample book for $25 and were told it would be given back when we returned the book.

In typical Lowe's style, we had to fight for the refund as they said it was not on the sale slip and they did not want to refund that amount...don't remember what the amount was that they said. So from the Interior Home dept to the checkout the price changed and they can't find a record of anything. They were installed about 8 weeks later or so. All went well however the installer noticed on THE DAY HE INSTALLED them that two of the blinds were 4" too SHORT.

He photographed the blinds and reported this defect to the Home Department at the Poughkeepsie Lowes. The Poughkeepsie Lowes had from the day of installation until October 15th to address the issue the installer had made them aware of. His hope was that they would send new ones and he could install them before we moved in or soon after. No such luck.

Lowes did absolutly NOTHING. When we moved in on Oct 15 I shut the blind to find they were too short. I then called Lowes to notify them of this and no one mentioned that they already knew of this or that new ones had been made. The installer came back to fix a problem he had thought he had addressed weeks earlier.

He took new photos and resubmitted everything. Now we have to wait another number of weeks when this all could have been avoided. Why were they cut too short to start with? It clearly says how long they should be on the shade itself.

Who cut it and why did they not read the information? Unfortunately, this is typical of Lowe's; messes up the order, don't follow through and make the issue bigger than it needs to be while inconviencing the buyer and making them fed up with Lowes. At this point Lowes has a 100% mess up a custom rate. Lowes communication verbally and via their computer system is terrible.

Many of the staff complain of how antiquated the computer system is and how it's hard to correct thing and to operate it in general. Once I complain online, I usually get someone higher up who fixes the problems. Going in to the store is a frustrating experience that usually takes an hour per issue.

The help desk people are overwhelmed, not empathetic and tend not to fix things. The head managers will take over, make things right, give me a gift card to make up for all my wasted time and we are generally good again until a custom order is initiated.

Read

If you've shopped at Lowe's enough times to know what is "typical" and you are still frustrated then why don't you *** off and stop shopping there? It's that simple.

DLDL
@FO

Not so simple. We live in the country so there are few stores close by.

In addition, all of these issues stem from one initial visit.

We had hoped that after the last fiasco, we were done with them, however months later, thing are still popping up. Thanks for reading our post.

DLDL
Tags
  • Window Blinds
Preferred solution
send us the correct length of blinds, get the installer back out and finish the project and give me a $100 gift card
Review #1122202 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

PBteen - Disappointing and rude

I purchased roman shades for my daughter from a pottery barn outlet store. The woman in the store assured me that all of the necessary hardware and brackets to mount and install the shades would be included in my purchase.

They were not. I called, emailed and Facebook messaged PBteen several times asking which brackets I would need to purchase to install these shades. Each time they either did not reply or came up with a different excuse as to why they couldn't tell me which brackets were required. My husband and I went to lowes, Home Depot and Walmart and got 4 different mounting brackets none of which fit the unusual shape of the PB teen shades.

The customer service personnel are rude and uncooperative, they simply do not care. They refused to assist me in any way and did not even offer me an appology for the negligence of their employee. It has now been nearly two months and I have tried contacting them every week. As a loyal Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn kids and PB Teen customer I am disgusted with the way that their inane employees act.

At this point, if they cared whatsoever about customer service they would just send me the brackets.

Will never step foot in one of their stores again. It's a shame.

PBTeenSocialTeam
PBteen Verified Representative

Hello,

We are sorry you have not received the requested information about the brackets yet. Our Social Media Team will be in touch with the dimensions as soon as we receive them from our vendor. Thank you for your patience.

Not as described
Review #1098095 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1098095.
2.2

Lowes - Don't waste your money

Purchased 2 custom window blinds very expensive yet cheap blinds. The blinds pull down and up get stuck all the time the contracted company came out said they are fine after the tech made an adjustment.

3 weeks later same problem. When you call the store to set up a return visit the staff In the The store are rude and then you call the company after they came out and said I guess we will replace them their staff is more rude if that is even possible. Now after a year of this same issue Lowes gets to say your over your year warranty, but we can charge you another $99 and they will come out.

No thank you I will go to another store less money with better customer service and probably better products. Such a waste of money and they really don't care.

I liked
Leaving
I didn’t like
Customer service, Product quality
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1090459 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1090459.

Blinds Plus And More - Co. failed twice to restring window shade but won't refund $

We took a window blind to this company for restringing. Got it back, reinstalled it, and strings failed in less than 2 weeks.

Took it back again, got it back and reinstalled it , and once again it failed within several days. I decided it was foolish to go through this process again with this company so I talked to the sales clerk asking for a refund of the repair fee of $68.32. Was told to call Diane in central office for refund. Did so and found out she doesn't return calls.

Still waiting.

Subsequently took blind to another repair outfit. They repaired it successfully for about half the price the other folks charged.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1087621 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1087621.

Jcpenney - Damaged Blinds

I went to the store and they ordered 4 blinds for me -- online- fast shipping so that was great however when I received them 2 out of the 4 were damaged. One has a big brown stain across the entire middle (the blinds are white so this was very noticeable) and the other blind was chipped right out of the box.

I called the store to see if they would send me two new ones and then sometime over the weekend I would bring back the other 2 blinds. The manager didnt care at all and when I told him about the 2 out of 4 blinds being damaged his response was "ok?...." - he didnt care at all. They wont send me two new blinds and tried to charge me an additional 60 dollars for them to send the 2 new ones. So here I sit - out money I spent for 4 blinds, with 2 unusable ones and have to go out of my way to get back to the store because they wont order me new ones until they have the 2 broken ones back.

Poor customer service and a huge inconvenience.

Very disappointed. This is the JC Penny at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City NY.

Read

Did you talk to the home manager? They are able to get those new blinds for you.

It is most likely ups that damaged them, but they at the store are able to re order two of those blinds. I would go to the store manager in person and they will be able to take care of it, or even the window person should know how to do this without having the manager involved. Its just a click of the screen, had it happen to me and they did amazing at making sure my blindes were perfect.

I would def. Go back and talk to a different person, someone who knows what they are doing, that other guy didn't.

Poor customer service
Review #1001544 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1001544.

Sams Club - All SAMs are NOT equal!

I was at a SAMs store and saw patio blind reduced to $25. I didn't buy because I needed to measure first.

Went back next morning and item was sold out. I asked if any of the other SAMs had any. I was told I'd have to ck. Went to another SAMs 14 miles way.

They had the item but it was $50 not $25. I asked about the price difference and was told each store set their own price on discount items. Manager was not willing to match price of other SAMs.

A few dollars I can understand but double the price? I'll be going to Costco!

Pricing issue
Review #904316 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer904316.
2.9

Lowes - Never call to tell you special orders are in.

I have been building a house and using Lowe's of Salisbury NC as my supply store. I have special ordered 3 times during this process and told by them that i would receive a phone call when it comes in.

The last item i ordered was custom blinds. The lady told me if i haven't heard from Lowe's in 14 days to call the store. After 14 days i went to the store to be told it was going to be another week? I went in Saturday and asked a lady to look up my order and see if it had changed again She looked it up and told me it was in.

After getting the packages home i found a label from receiving saying the blinds had been there for 8 days while the store kept telling me different.

I am done with this store and hope that anyone in the Salisbury area sees this review and goes to another store to do the ordering. The other two times i went in the store to find the stock on the shelves with no calls to tell me...This store has terrible reviews all over the internet and i wish i would have looked at them before all this started !!

Order processing issue
Review #831737 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer831737.