Alibaba - Bad bike

I spent 1700 dollars on a bike,..the front wheel dosent set well inside the front forks,..the welds are crooked, so the brakes are crooked..cant even use them,...cant get to talk with a human,,..website is horrible..and frustrated with it...harry Xie did respond to my email, but his responses did not directly respond to my concerns, seems automated...and the bike had missing pieces, the airpump didnt work either..when i tried to highlight the return comment,..it did nothing...so pissed off right now..

HopefulSwallow
Damaged or defective
Review #1424931 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.1

Ezbuy - Scam worst fake site ever

I have ordered a biycycle on this website but after a lapse of approx 3 months they did not gave any thing and did not refund the 20% of advance payment . It’s a fraud. All effective parties should launch a complaint at security exchange commission of pakistan and ihtasaab commission.

HarmoniousAinuDog
Bicycle
Review #1422826 is a subjective opinion of poster.
3.3

Walmart - Two broken bikes sent so far via delivery

Ordered a bike. The first arrived with broken handle bar. The replacement arrived with a stripped pedal I was unable to screw in.

The online customer service twice did not complete the schedule return of broken items.

A third bike is enroute and the second broken bike is to be picked up by fedex. Very inconvenient. The process needs to be reformed. If you are going to send broke bikes enclose a return label so I don't have to deal with your incompetent online customer service. What should have been a quick turn around is now going on an entire month.

To make matter worse I cannot walk the broken item into a store for replacement or refund. I will not be ordering high priced ticket items online from Walmart again.

Read

You should have bought your bicycle from a store that only sells bicycles. Those places only sell high quality bicycles and you go a real long time without anything going wrong with them.

When you buy a bicycle from wal-mart, you can't even ride it home without the pedals falling off it, like happened to me before.

Often, they are not assembled correctly at wal-mart either. The bicycles from a high quality bicycle store are a much better deal for your money.

LinearWeasel
Damaged or defective
Review #1301143 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Saferwholesale - Price gouging

purchased an e bike from them on jan 3 for $1,174.9 by check, over the phone, big mistake. when i looked at my check electronically, they charged me $1,319.95.

I spoke to a sales representative who originally took my order, she stated she had sales receipt in front of her and it said $1,319.95. this is a lie, i have an e-mail confirmation for original price of $1,174.9.she stated this bike is worth twice as much. this of course made no sense. i hate to see what shape bike is in when i receive it, if ever.

clearly price gouging and false advertisement. stay away from them and always use a credit card.

Read

Glad to hear that. It was probably an honest mistake

I am the person who wrote this review , happy to say i got my money back. I was lucky and acted right away.

To all you guys & gals out there fight back and retrieve your hard earned money. Good luck to all.

Sales agent lying
Pricing issue
Price reduction
Review #1164340 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1164340.
3.8

Ebay - Scammer sold rusted bike as new

I went to eBay and found a 20 dollar bike that said it was new however the seller sold me a rusted bike even through the picture was not rusted luckily PayPal and eBay refunded me but I would not buy new items on ebay

Not as described
Review #1123937 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1123937.

Fingerhut - Payments

I was half way paying them off owing only 1500.00 and all of a sudden they said i owed 2300.00 again.. Customer service said I was paying for an insurance that i NEVER bought it was 40.00 per month ..I said 1,000 dollars worth ?

she danced around the issue saying no I actually owed 1900.00 ..I said I am looking at my payments and that is not what my records show ..She kept repeating the same thing over and over again.. I added up all the payments plus interest and still does not come out to owing the whole amount..The company is a complete rip off

kellym68
I liked
Never again at this point
I didn’t like
Being screwed without the normal foreplay
Problems with payment
Loss
Review #1101097 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

BikeBerry - Fell Apart In Days!!! Don't Buy

The bike we bought literally fell apart within 2 days of riding it. My husband is a mechanic, so he knew what he was doing when he put it together.

When we asked for replacement parts, they claimed that was normal wear and tear and wouldn't replace them. When new parts were purchased from them, they broke again within 3 blocks of going down the street! Not sure where they get their parts from, but do not buy! They say they are guaranteed, but it is a scam to get you to buy from them, then the bike parts will fail and break within days and they will tell you they won't replace them because it's normal wear and tear.

So what they are saying is their products are not meant to last buy for a few blocks before they break...and that will be considered normal to them. How sad for them that their products are only meant to last 5 minutes.

Total waste of money. Buyer beware!

UntimelyJay

GigaByke came without parts , then Very Poor Support / Communications .. Bykeberry tech support needs support , they only shuffle papers in CA on these products made in India .

came in without assembly bolts .... these kids ( yes kids ) had no idea of sizes ,shape , thread count , metric ? , amazing they have no idea (dead or lazy brains ) of the the product they sell ... might be great but if any trouble these lefty coast excuser's ( never our fault ) is amazing …Byke is very coool looking ( still do not have all the parts ).....

but there communications ' Suck ' ..... Ikea has a parts list on even a $5 wall shelf , not anyone at 'bikebumble' (s) staff can't elaborate on what comes with the 'Byke ' made in India .

Tags
  • bikeberry sucks
I liked
Style
I didn’t like
Customer service, Quality of parts, Misrepresentation, Lack of instructions, Price to replace faulty equipment
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1090427 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1090427.
1.8

Academy Sports And Outdoors - Won't refund $455.00 after receiving my return

Ordered a bike from academy sports which arrived damaged. I returned the bike and tracking shows academy received the bike.

Refund was promised 7 to 10 days later. After waiting 17 days for my refund I called Academy and they said they'd submitted a refund on July 17 through PayPal and said I should contact PayPal to find out what was wrong. I contacted PayPal and they assured me that academy had not refunded the money. I contacted Academy again and this time I was told that the refund was sent through PayPal on july 23rd.

As of today july 26 I still have no refund. These people are running a scam.

I've opened a case through PayPal and still hope I can get a refund. Do not buy from this company.

#1419805

Take the bike in to any Academy Sports Store and you will get a refund immediately. Academy takes exchanges and refunds with very little trouble to the purchaser.

Jpoed
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1079434 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Light In The Box - Worst shopping Experience Ever!

Update by user Jul 19, 2017

This company will try everything in it's power to not refund for faulty items, even refuse to accept at their warehouse when it's returned.

Original review posted by user Jul 18, 2017

I initially ordered a bike from light in the box, when the item arrived it was faulty and the wrong colour frame so I arranged and paid to send it back which they accepted. When I sent the bike back to their warehouse in Poland I asked them to send me the correct colour frame and sent pictures of the faults, when the replacement arrived after a week it was the same bike they sent in the first place with even more faults, I arranged to send the bike back again, but this time asked for a full refund.

I was told by transglobal light in the box have refused to accept the faulty bike at their warehouse and they are also telling me I never sent the bike back to them so they are not refunding me the money and to top it off received a customs and duty charge for nearly 200 which I paid extra to cover this cost when initially ordering the bike, but I am also now being told I have to pay even after they told they would cover the customs charge. So I have not been refunded for the bike and I also have to pay the customs charge and I don't even have the bike either!

I cannot explain how upset I am about the way I have been treated as a customer. Please be careful when you shop with Light in the box!

reonford
Service provided
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1075797 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Kmart - Ripped off

back in 1990 kmart sold me a new ten speed pre assembled and i took it back the same day with a receipt and they said they dont give refunds on sporting goods. so i was stuck with a bike that had a bad gear changer.

so i threw it away. the gear changer replacement cost as much as the entire sale of the bike. wtf? also i was dumb enough to purchase a electronic fake laptop learning thing at kmart and it didnt work i took it back same day and was told they dont give refunds for electronics.

so i threw that in the trash. needless to say i was happy to see walmart sprout up yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Read

Next time give it to Goodwill drama queen

Damaged or defective
Review #1033114 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1033114.