Lowes - Junk pine bark nuggets

I have bought pine bark nuggets for many years, often from Lowe's. I bought four bags yesterday.

When I opened the bags, I could not believe the huge size of the bark - gigantic really. They were pretty useless, but I was stuck in the middle of a gardening project.

And there were strips and long pieces of tree among them that were like the stuff I have to pick up in my yard and garden after a storm. I don't expect to pay for the stuff that I put in the yard waste bin for garbage pick up!

Read

Any time I've bought this type of product it came in a clear bag and you could easily see what it looked like before you purchased or opened the bag.

OP:

Since the pine bark nuggets are shipped to Lowes in bags, exactly how is Lowes supposed to have quality control on the products they sell?

The manufacturer of the product does quality control since the manufacturer makes the product.

So complain to the manufacturer about this.

MargeW
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
They should have quality control on the products they sell.
Review #1128080 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.3

Rural King - Mulch return policy ridiculous

I was at Coshocton Rural King and returned 3 bags of cypress mulch in unopened bags because they were the wrong color the receipt flew out the window on the way to my house it has been less than a week and we used the lava rock that was also on the receipt I only received half of the $ and I purchased an additional) bags of a more expensive mulch. That's the system the manager said Terrible I will go to other stores she had the ability to over ride it it wasn't like it was just a return I should of received film in shore credit at the very least

779 S 2nd St, Coshocton, OH 43812, USA
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1058166 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1058166.

Petsmart - Poor Reptiles

Unacceptable,you know that popular cedar bark your reptile is probably living in now?Well,that *** is poisoness,Don't buy it!This is poisoning your pet.I know this because today I went to the vet and she said cedar is highly poisoness and people actually use it to kill freakin bugs.So don't buy it.Petsmart doesn't really care.They just want your money.I would suggest if you are a reptile or tarantula owner that you change his ground to petcare.My turtle got worms because of this sh**.Calcium sand is also just as bad.You got busted *** petsmart.So freaking *** you!Share this review!We can't have this happening!Number one selling reptile bark my butt...

Not as described
Review #951016 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer951016.
2.8

Fault advertisement on Mini Bark Nuggets Menards

I recently purchase several bags of a product advertised by the signage and sample display case at the Evendale Ohio store as Mini bark Nuggets, only to find out that once I opened several bags and dumped these out into my flower bed that these nuggets were anything but Mini..Most were nuggets 3-4" in dimensions vs the .5-1" displayed in the bin. I contacted customer service asking for a refund at which they indicated to just bring them back.

Great if the bags were not opened and already dumped. I guess their definition of Mini covers a wide range not enforceable even though their sample bin could not have accommodated the actual material samples.

Not likely to shop at this company in the future.

Read

If they are 3 inches it sounds like you got more than your money's worth. If you want small stuff just get some mulch or what is called Pine bark mulch which is sold at Walmart and Home Depot

I think a reputable company is one that researches their products and chooses them carefully, and guarantees that the customer is getting that same product. In the case of the product I purchased, the bark was not easily seen thru the packaging, was not "mini" by the definition on the bag or ad, and had incorrect signage.

So I'll take responsibility for not being present when it was spread, but that doesn't make it right. It was still a misrepresented product and that is not good customer service.

The same thing happened to me in Milwaukee WI. The sign right in front of them said "mini".

I hired someone else to spread them out.

Too late now. Not happy either with the false representation of the product.

I can't think of many mulch that doesn't come in bags and most of them are clear. When you lifted the bags you would have at least felt the size of the mulch and more than likely seen the size as well. Why did you bother taking it home if it was so much larger than you thought it was?

mbeaugrand

Refund is for time wasted in total transaction due to false advertisement. Judy would have agreed with the "facts"

@mbeaugrand

Judge Judy would tell you if the steak didn't look like the picture on the menu and you didn't like that you should have returned it, but if you ate the steak you have to pay for it. You didn't think the product looked like the display.

You should have returned it rather than opening and using multiple bags.

If you think it is so bad you are going to get rid of it somehow. Rather than paying to have it hauled away, put it into trash bags, take it back with the empty bags and get a refund.

MrSharkNasty
Hell, Michigan, United States #1147118
@mbeaugrand

Highly unlikely. The consumer has to take some responsibility.

You can't be ignorant and expect compensation. Consumers should be paying attention to what they're purchasing. The consumer could clearly tell they were not the right size and should have never used them. It would be like being fully aware you had 4 cycle oil that you used in your 2 cycle gas string trimmer, next thing you know the trimmer is not working.....

Then you demand the store compensate you for the machine and time wasted.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Consumers need to be more aware and take some of the blame.

@MrSharkNasty

Makes sense, but seems like the store may own some of the responsibility if they miss labelled the product in the bag. I can understand the frustration of having to return something that was not your fault.

Travel time along becomes an issue depending on distance. Not a lot of money involved just a principle.

@Anonymous

He/she provided no evidence of incorrect tags and in any case it is irrelevant. Menards neither manufacturers no guarantees the quality of the product, there is no call for them to stand behind it.

If she/he didn't like what was in the bag, that's an issue to take up with the mill that makes the mulch, not the resale venue.

And if he/she couldn't be bothered to do that, just get his refund and move on. This is just like buying lumber; if you don't like what is in the pile get something else or a refund and leave, its not on them and as such its up to them to determine whether you get a refund after destroying the product packaging.

@mbeaugrand

Your receative time is not billable. Judy would mock you just like deadbeats trying to be compensated for "missed wages" for being dragged to court (despite the fact the arbitration is forgone sham anyway).

It doesn't work that way you entitled ***. And again, your dissatifaction with the product quality has nothing to do with the store, so you are misguided as well.

It seems like that if size were important you would have noticed they were bigger than you wanted when you opened the first bag. Instead you opened and dumped multiple bags and just want them to give you a refund.

Sounds like you want to do your landscaping for free.

Most stores would expect you to return a product you aren't satisfied with in order to get a refund. As Judge Judy says "If you eat the steak, you have to pay for it."

View more comments
Not as described
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #831355 is a subjective opinion of poster.