Rockauto - Store credit/warranty for defective part

Installed ball joint per manufacturer instructions/specs but the boots are leaking grease after only being on vehicle for 1 week.

AdvancedLabradorRetriever818
Bad quality
Review #1478194 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - First time buying from you guys,hope it would of been differ

I just placed ordered parts 6weeks ago after painting my car didn't even get a chance to put on car and ball joint had a pin hole!

GreatImpala
Damaged or defective
Review #1333809 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.2

Rockauto - Junk parts Junk service

Update by user Jun 29, 2018

Almost the end of June. No calls No Email No response from rock auto. I will never buy another product from them ever again and I would encourage everybody else not to!

Original review posted by user May 30, 2018

Being in the automotive industry for 40+ I thought I would give them a try. I ordered first line parts and the price seemed fair.

It was a large job on this 79 CJ5 and I had to order many parts from all over the States. When I got everything together and started the job, in the package with the parts I found a note that said I could only return the parts before May 10th witch had already passed. I installed the ball joints and low and behold they were junk. It took both hands to turn the knuckle, the ball joints were way too tight.

I emailed rockauto and they said they could send me another set of junk ball joints but could not refund my money or my labor. I guess if your a backyard *** it may be ok but when your trying to make your living working on cars rockauto is not the place to go.

I can see that every review page has the same complaints. BAD PARTS AND BAD SERVICE!

TremendousRussianBlue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1267521 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Rockauto - Broken parts

Ordered an upper ball joint the first one arrived with the rubber boot ripped. I was sent a replacement and to my surprise the second one also had the rubber boot ripped. Two different parts with the same issue this is ridiculous.

Read

This happens often, I get parts from sellers which sat on a shelf for years. The boots deteriorate extremely fast on the vehicle or are shipped that way.The seller has no way to determine this, but the seller should be obligated to offer new boots as replacement for the dry rot boots.

user43609974
Damaged or defective
Review #1210630 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Partsgeek - 1995 honda civic dx upper ball joint by moog

payed to install two hundred, it raised my car 1/2 inch up looks terrible now.(china parts )not japan ome.ruined my whole build on car i guess the american buy parts cheap from china sell us junk more expensive moog upper ball joint not for honda civic 1992-1995 i pissed my money away and not have to redo so i ended up lossing about two hundred and eighty dollars thanks to this company,also orded mirrors for my 1995 honda civic one of the mirrors was vibrating so much i could see when on free way,they did return but waste of time when installed allready stick with part orignal expensive japan parts marked up by american people

I didn’t like
China parts arnt made for japan cars
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1163618 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1163618.

Rockauto - Faulty *** parts

Well I was leaving work after three months of using the lower ball joints that they sent me. bought the parts on 7-23 and the ball joints the part failed on both sides.

One actually dropped and the second one was on the point of popping out as well. I am a experienced mechanic. I didn't install these wrong. These were just faulty parts.

I will never recommend or buy from the website and will tell as many as I can. These parts could of killed me and the people around me.

Bad quality
Review #1130253 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1130253.