Costco online Auto insurance SCAM

As a Costco member I got quote for Auto insurance on Costco website and was redirected to Ameriprise, Effective date: 09/17/18, 6 month policy $2,947.00 and was charged $616.40 on same day, few week later i received a letter stating that they reviewed my policy scheduled to expire on October 25, 2018 due to driving history not meeting their guidelines, after that another letter came stating that there will be charge in the amount of $965.14 on 10/17/2018 for policy term 9/17/18 -3/17/19, then I got another letter stating: "You recently received a notice of pending cancellation of your policy. Please disregard that notice.

Your policy will continue in force with no lapse in coverage.", So I called Ameriprise and asked them to cancel my policy because their new price is way to high and I've got a quote from other company and will switch to them.

I called them on October 16 and asked to cancel policy next day, than I received notification that my Credit Card was billed by Ameriprise in the amount of $965.14, so I called Ameriprise again and asked about a charge, and their customer service rep told me that it's a valid charge, and they are not going to refund it, so I was disputing this and in the end they told me that they will refund me $290.63. So for one month of coverage they charged me $1,290.91

Shame on Costco for being a part of the Ameriprise SCAM by advertising on their website and fooling their members!!!

Will never believe Costco again!!!

QuietFlatCoatRetriever
Tags
  • Costco Ameriprise Auto Home Insura
total SCAM
Full refund
Review #1437234 is a subjective opinion of poster.

AARP - Our age

AARP raised our car insurance 59.00 dollars more because we go older. I thought AARP looks out for us.

Why do we have to pay price because we got older? This is ridiculous! Our cars got a year older so instead of reducing our insurance,,,,,you raised it because of us. Angry I am considering in looking into a another sensible auto insurance company.

I always thought AARP looks out for us senior citizens to help protect us from things that would scam or rip the senior citzens.

Need I say more? There are drivers who are not seniors that I have observed thru my years of driving who never follow rules of driving, such as never using their turn signals, incomplete stops, driving over the speed limits.

PerfectDalmatian329
Tags
  • This Is A Shame
I didn’t like
I spoke to two reps and both did nothing to change the rate
Price reduction
Review #1308775 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bridgecrest's reply to:

Bridgecrest - Don't By the Gap Insurance

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Our goal is to provide consistently excellent service, as we truly wish to help our customers in any way we can. Additionally, we aim to complete all customer requests in a timely manner. I am sincerely sorry if your interaction with Bridgecrest was less than ideal.

Please know, our goal is to set our customers up for success. For this reason, we aim to report accurately to the three major credit bureaus at the end of each month. Should a reporting concern arise, we are more than willing to research the matter on our end. Keep in mind, it can take 30 – 90 days for the crediting bureaus to update. Should you have any further questions regarding crediting, please feel free to reach out to them directly.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. I would like the opportunity to look into the situation described further. However, with the information you provided I am unable to. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Department at 800-967-8526 for additional assistance.

Sincerely,
Denisse – Online Customer Service Team
Auto Insurance

I like many others purchased gap insurance through Bridgecrest. My car was total a few days into April this year.

It is now mid July and I still have this loan on my credit report. I am still in a rental car since the accident and can not purchase another car because this one is still on my credit report. They also told me to continue to make my payments on the car until everything is finalized. So now I have a car note plus a rental car note thanks to Bridgecrest and their laziness.

There is no excuse to take three months or more to settle a loss. Drivetime response was to buy another car from them. Yeah Right!

Stay away from this company!! Wtf

Problems with payment
Review #1305315 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1305315.

AARP - I wouldn't join again if it was FREE.

AARP auto insurance is over-priced to the extent that when I changed to another company I saved over $1,000.

Never saved a penny when traveling. Never received a discount at hotels or restaurants.

Saved money switching from AARP medical supplement insurance to another company.

AARP is left wing politically which means they love big government. After 8 years of Obama we all know the hazards of too much government.

I have no interest in hearing from AARP regarding this matter.

{{Redacted}}

classicrun

AARP sells their membership lists. United Health Care contacts me at least once/week.

I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH FOR MEDICARE. They won't stop despite frequent requests. I called for SEVEN MONTHS. Each time I asked to be removed from their lists.

I learned today that the request was not filed till TWO WEEKS ago and it will still take months to take effect. I am filing an official complaint with the FTC. Maybe that is the only way to get off their list.

AARP sells their membership lists and then the *** begins. I canceled my membership over the junk mail, calls, etc.

I have also found AARP medigap policies far more expensive than the alternative. I do use an AARP drug plan.

Every year I submit my info anonymously to an organization that helps find the cheapest plan which pays for the medications I use, and it usually turns out to be an AARP plan. However, for my husband, who uses mostly generic medicines, that is not the case. I am stuck with several meds which have no generic counterpart. so I need different coverage levels.We get AARP discounts every time we stay at a hotel.

We book online.

I think you can also ask when you check in for the discount. No one will give it to you automatically.

Pricing issue
Review #1250895 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1250895.

Insurance company added person without consent to my policy

March 2018, received my initial bill to begin the year and noticed my total premium balance doubled?!? Called and a agent informed me condescendingly that back in December 2017 they received a letter that my daughter got her license and she lives under my roof so they added her to my policy without my consent and this is legal?!?

My daughter has her own car and policy and is not allowed, nor needs to drive my vechile.... she has her own! How in America is this legal for a insurance company to add a person to your policy without consent??

Who are they to assume someone will drive my vechile ?? So America BEWARE because the insurances companies have yet again figured out another way to legally embezzle money from their customers because if your children obtain their license and live under your roof, your insurance company without your consent will add them to your policy in order to profit yet some more!

Poor customer service
Review #1211943 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1211943.

Rapid Auto Loans - Insurance Payment

The loan agent in Orlando told me if I fax my insurance they would take off the Rapid insurance of 900 dollors. I faxed my insurance and now they wont take off there insurance.

Im paying double insurance because of this stupid company. I need a layer. Any recommendations? I need help with this I cant afford the payments as they are right now.

How is this legal, how can a person have two insuranes on the same car? Im still waiting for a manager to call me back. DO NOT GET A LOAN HERE.

Most rude and no one knows anything. If anyone can give me legal adivse please.

Read

We apologize if you faxed your 6 months of Comp and Collision and the receipt and the VDC was not removed. Please contact us at 954-960-7099 so that we can rectify this.

We have a dedicated team to do just what you needed and if there is information missing, they always contact the client to make sure that they know right away. I am unable to locate the account, as there is no full name or number attached, but would happily look into it if you want to contact us regarding it.

$2000
Review #1151513 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1151513.

Best Preowned RV - Insurance

Read the fine print for their 1 year insurance policy. Suppose to be bumper to bumper coverage with 500 deductible.

What a joke!! Just got a bill for over 6,000.

After deductible, they paid a whopping 131.00. They found a loophole for everything..

Read

I don't know who this is I wish you would have called the office to mediate this with the warranty company. We can't help if we don't know what the problem is.

We do everything to help our customers.

Even after they leave we are there for them. Marilyn Pyle Best Preowned RV

Pricing issue
Review #1127639 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1127639.

Metro Motor Group - They are flimflam artists

they tacked on 3 insurance policys to my finance application whic I didn't need. Two days later I had them cancel.

I only received money back for one policy so far. I have spoken to two employees and they say they know nothing about it. What do I need to do to get my money back. I would never buy or lease an auto from them and I tell everyone.

I will put it on Facebook if I don't get a check soon. I have filed complaints everywhere I could. Can you help?

I have all the documents. I will fax or email to you if necessary

Full refund
Review #1112678 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1112678.

Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth - Hendrick Chevelote, Duluth, GA Autoguard Inc. GAP Insurance Refund!

Once they sell you that car with all the bells and whistles they have nothing else to do with you! I purchased this insurance them!

I have been trying to get my GAP refund check from these people August now! Today they tell me I have to contact the Finance Company. Did that, they referred to me to GAP Insurance company Auto Motive Warranty which they told me they have to have the cancelation papers directly from the dealership! Why is it that when you need your dealership this is the run around you get!

But they will do just about anything to sell you that car and the GAP insurance! Rick Hendrick lead me to believe since July 31st they were taking care of this issue!

Lots of e-mails, phone call, however, Today it's a different story! Don't believe anything they tell you!

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1103942 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1103942.

Contacted by Nissan USA

They knew they had problems with the CVT transmission so they automatically doubled the insurance on the transmission I purchased the extended warranty to protect myself in case anything happened and yet they won't double my warranty that I paid for so if I wouldn't have paid for the extra insurance I would have the same warranty that to me is just not fair they took my money and are giving everybody else the same warranty that I paid for not a happy camper with Nissan we also purchased a 2016 Nissan Altima fully loaded extra insurance and have had problem after problem with that I have had to replace shocks tires brakes before 20000 miles and that's not counting all the times we've had to bring it back in for all types of electrical and just Parts falling off the car

Problems with payment
Review #1068708 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1068708.