Other Company in Pawtucket, Rhode Island - CORRECTIONAL BIILING SERVICES SCAMMERS

I WAS GETTING BILLED THROUGH MY PHONE COMPANY. ALL OF A SUDDEN CORRECTIONAL PUT A BLOCK ON MY LINE.

THEY SAID THAT MY PHONE COMPANY (COX0 HAD SET A $50 DOLLAR LIMIT AND THAT I HAD GONE OVER. I ASKED IF MAYBE MY LIMIT COULD BE RAISED. SO I CALLED MY COMPANY AND THEY SAID THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, THAT I HAD BEEN LIED TO. I PAY MY PHONE BILL IN FULL EVRY MONTH ON TIME.

I CALLED BACK CORRECTIONAL AND THEY KEEP ASKING ME TO OPEN A PRE-PAID ACCOUNT. I TELL THEM NO BECASUE I'M FINE WITH GETTING BILLED THROUGH MY PHONE COMPANY. WELL, THEY PUT A BLOCK ON MY PHONE, AND BASICALLY FORCED ME TO OPEN A PRE-PAID ACCOUNT. NOW IT'S LIKE I'M PAYING A DOUBLE BILL.

THEY DON'T EVEN Call to let you know when your bablance is getting low.

next thing i know there's a block. someone please help, becuz i know i'm not alone on this

Read
Review #108442 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108442.

Idiots

They are rude, obnoxious, foul and downright harassing. I have NO idea how they stay in business. They call all day, everyday. Do they not understand that I have caller id and have stopped answering the phone when they call?

I spoke with a woman once, told her when I intend to pay... 4 days from now. Yet they do not stop calling.

I am extremely frustrated and will file a formal complaint to anyone who will listen.

I'm not denying my debt, but I will take care of it with the company I owe it to. I would NEVER grant them the honor of taking a payment from me.

Read

I just had a similar problem 2day!! exept i didn't know any better and payed them 13 days ago.i should have checked the web first!!

any way they said abstract take 2 days now its 13 i called and wanted to kno what the deal was cuz i paid in full and the little kids they hav runnin the dog an pony show said they were getting frustrated!! WHAT!!!! NOT ONLY IS THAT AN EMOTIONAL RESPONS MAKING MY BUSINESS PERSONAL TO THEM HOWEVER 500$ IS ALLOT TO ANY AMERICAN RIGHT NOW AND IM TRYIN TO BE A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY!!

if any one should be frustrated it should be me an i just asked the shmuck to run what he said by me one more time and he responded 2 me like that!! what has this country come 2 we shouldent have to bear the stress an anxiety on top of debt that isnt American!!!

alot of peopel might not be aware that Wells Fargo is a part of America's Serving Company. They also just bought Wachovia!!!! People should contact their representatives and tell them how they are conducting business!!!!

Wells Fargo/ aka America's Servicing Company, are very rude when you call them. The programs they set up for you are almost impossible to work with. They should be made to work with the people and not against them, better yet let them close their doors

My husband and I have both our vehicles financed through Wells Fargo and we have NEVER been treated so badly before. Everytime they call, they scream at me and never listen to anything I say.

They tell me they don\'t want to hear what I have to say. I have been cussed out three times by their reps. The first one was Tamika and I reported all three to supervisors but still got nowhere. I have even had supervisors scream at me and these accounts are not even in my name.

They are both in my husbands name and they raised our interest rate to 17% so I feel we will never get them paid off. Their latest attempt to *** me off is that they have locked me out of being able to pay on my accounts online. When I called to see why, I was told it is because I am behind on my payment and they want me to either make my payment through Western Union (expensive) or do a check by phone and pay them an additional $10 fee to take my check!! I refuse to do checks by phone because I authorized a payment on a Friday a few months ago but they took the payment out of my checking account 1 week prior so we bounced and incurred a $30 overdraft fee which they are now refusing to pay.

I am sooooooo frustrated, I could scream. They don\'t listen to anything you have to say and if you *** them off, they threaten to repo, regardless of your payment status at the time. I advise anyone thinking of going with Wells Fargo to ask themselves this question first: Do you like being treated like ***?

If so, by all means, go with Wells Fargo. If not, stay FAR away from them!!

View more comments
Review #108296 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108296.

Other Company - Auto Warranties in California

Any (ALL) aftermarket or dealer offered extended vehicle warranty plans offered in the state of California are considered as insurance. The company offering (providing) the warranty MUST be licensed by the California State Department of Insurance, just like any other (health, life, homeowner, auto) insurance carrier. Failure to be licensed and sell in the state is illegal.

So - if you receive an offer to "extend your vehicle's warranty", ask for their California Insurance License number, then check the Department of Insurance's website. If they say they don't need to be licensed, hang up. If they don't measure up... tear it up.

There is a reason these companies MUST be licensed. Too many of them don't live up to their promise of covering a claim.

These "plans" cost 1,000s of dollars!

lacostaca
Review #108232 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - Not liking them either

Im not exactly thrilled with them either. They did not handle my compute my escrow account properly and I received a notice from them that I had to come up with an extra $900.00 to send them or my mortgage payment was going to go up about 100.00 a month.

I guess it was too difficult for them to take the amount of tax due for a year and divide it by 12???? It may not sound like a lot of money to come up with for some folks, but in todays economy I do not have that kind of extra money laying around and Im a single mom depending on no one but herself.

I had to pull it from what used to be our savings account to use towards Chirstmas. So Merry Ho-Ho, NOT!

Read
Review #108219 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108219.

Other Company - Secret Shopping Center

I also got one of the Secret Shopping Center letters with a check for 4,880. It is drawn on a bank in Hendricks, MN. I knew this was a scam when I saw it, but it still makes me mad. I wonder how many will spend their hard earned money. I have warned everyone I know and am taking this letter to the newspaper, and sending a copy to my local news station.

The phone/fax number on the letter is 1-905-920-0541. I wish everyone would call this number and tell them what *** they are.

Thank you.

State Park, South Carolina, United States #8774

I fell for the secretshoppingcenter.com scam by registering on their website. I paid $39.97 for this privilege and my assigned password and log in never worked.

I requested a refund and was ignored.

I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New York. This is a complete scam.

Review #108186 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108186.

Other Company - LSM5 : Crab people from ***

My husband mistakenly thought they were a credible business. We had to cancel our credit card to stop them from charging our account a monthly fee that we never authorized.

That was months ago. They have our phone number and call us EVERY DAY. There is nothing that can be said to the people with the funny accents to convince them not to call again. They don't unerstand what "no" means They have changed my quality of life.

They have enraged me every day. I ask them what is wrong with them; they just want money. My only recourse will be to chage my phone number. These "people" are unbelieveable.

I wish there was some way to sue them for harassment. They are calling from Cyprus.

I am on dissability.
privacy
Review #108137 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - DONT DO BUSINESS WITH FURNITUREFIND.COM

I ORDERED A PICTURE FROM FURNITURE FIND, WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT THE SAME COLOR AS IT APPREARED TO BE ONLINE. I WANTED TO RETURN IT.
I CALLED FURNITUREFIND.COM AND GOT AN ANSWERING SERVICE (1ST CLUE SOEMTHING WAS WRONG) I CALLED TWICE AND EMAILED TWICE WITH NO RESPONSE. (2ND CLUE SOEMTHING WAS WRONG).

I CALLED THE NUMBER ON THE PACKING SLIP AND THEY TOLD ME THAT I DID NOT ORDER ANY MERCAHNDISE FROM THEM THAT FURNITURE FIND BUYS THE MERCHANDISE FROM THEM AND THEN RESELLS IT TO THE PUBLIC(3RD CLUE SOMETHING WAS WRONG).

FINALLY I CALLED ANOTHER 800 NUMBER I FOUND ON THEIR WEBSITE AND WAS ON HOLD FOR AN "OPERATOR" AND AFTER ABOUT 15 MINUTES THE PHONE JUST CLICKED INTO SOMEONES VOICE MAIL AND I LEFT A MESSAGE BUT DIDNT SAY WHAT IT WAS REGARDING. I GOT A CALL BACK WITHIN 10 MINUTES..WOW SOMEONE REALLY WORKS AT FURNITURE FIND!

I PROCCEDED TO ASK HOW I CAN RETURN MY ITEM AND I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS A “RESTOCKING FEE” OF 25% OF WHAT I PAID FOR THE ITEM.
AND I WOULD HAVE TO *** OF WORK TO SIT HOME AND WAIT FOR UPS TO COME PICK UP THE ITEM OR I CAN RETURN IT MYSELF AND ALSO PAY FOR THE SHIPPING MYSELF.
THAT IS THE MOST OBSURB RETURN POLICY I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.
WELL THE WOMAN GOT VERY NASTY AND TOLD ME THAT IS THE WAY IT IS AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT TOO BAD.
I SAID WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT?
SHE SAID THAT IS THE WAY IT IS, DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND UPS OR NOT?
I SAID NO I TOLD YOU I WON’T BE THERE I HAVETO WORK FOR A LIVING.
SHE SAID OK THEN BYE. I SAID YOU HAVE NOT BEEN VERY HELPFUL TO ME AND SHE SAID VERY SARCASTICALLY HAVE A NICE DAY.

I REPEAT DO NOT, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE ITEM…THEY ARE CROOKS AND RIP OFF ARTISTS.

FURNITUREFIND.COM IS A SCAM!!
frankbutter
Review #108135 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company - NOTICE OF POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION

NOTICE OF POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION
I am writing in response to false and inflammatory statements made about me on the internet. All statements made about me regarding any connection to the most unfortunate Gravelle (“The Caged Kids”) criminal case are false and subject to libel laws. Another social worker was investigated, charged and convicted. Contrary to what has been stated about me on the internet, I was not part of the criminal case, and I was not charged. Again, I had NO connection to the Gravelle court case, thus, those individuals who have made such false and malicious statements about me are committing libel.
Second, all allegations made against me by individuals suggesting that I engaged in fraudulent insurance billing, over billing, incorrect billing, having no 1099’s, are also false and also subject to libel laws. Moreover, internet users who have made statements about my character, professional practice and integrity are also acting maliciously, spreading false information, and engaging in defamatory conduct.
I did not want to enter into this arena but it is my intention to take legal action against those individuals who have defamed me. Those persons who have made these defamatory statements against me could have easily verified that I was not a part of the Gravelle criminal case.
LASTLY, I AM DEMANDING THAT THE FOLLOWING BE DONE IMMEDIATELY;
a) That each moderator remove every false reference about me from this site.
b) That each person/blogger who has posted information about me do some simple checking, verify that the information is false, post on this and any other web site where they have written about me, a specific retraction and an apology.
c) That the moderators of this web site contact me with the true identity of those bloggers on this web site who have defamed me.
It has been my extreme privilege to work with remarkable children and families over many years. As a social worker, artist, art therapist, and advocate for a healthier environment, my focus will continue to be for growth and healing.
Mershona Parshall, LISW, ATR-BC
Read
Review #108081 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108081.

LowCostDiscs.com

I ordered the 6-CD set of the Sopranos from LowCostDiscs.com. Unfortunately they sent me the "Friends" cd's instead (they took forever to get and came from somewhere in China, packing material was not in English). I returned the discs to the address I was given by LowCostDiscs.com and mailed them back. I made sure my return address was on the package. Well, 3 months later and LowCostDiscs.com claims they never received the package, and it was never returned to me.

Never will order from them again, and will never use any website that is associated with Google Checkout Team, as they were no help either.

Temple, New Hampshire, United States #22391
:grin I ordered Boxed Set of Sopranos and am now watching it for the 2nd time. No problem with discs or order. JMO
Smithtown, New York, United States #5658

I ordered something from lowcostdiscs.com last April and they ask you to send a check and then they will send your order, I fell for it, sent my check and they cashed it the next day, and they never sent my order, this was last April and they still have my money, and I have nothing, I filed a complaint in May of last year, they closed their file stating that nothing can be done because LowCostDiscs.com is not a member with them, that is great. I now cannot even find their website.

Would love to hear if anyone else has been ripped off by them. Thanks.

daprl
Review #108063 is a subjective opinion of poster.

HEARING AIDS-DOING RESEARCH BEFORE PURCHASING MAKES SENSE AND SAVES A LOT OF CENTS.

If there is any one product whose acquisition, ownership,usage,operation,and complexity, is more difficult than A HEARING AID, I am not aware of it.
In my life, the only thing I can think of is a Computer.
But as I try to think through the process of purchasing a Computer,and all the other things mentioned above, I don't think the experience and comparison is an accurate analogy.
A Prospect for a Computer is not tested for Need.
No one evaluates whether the Prospect or His Family are suffering from him not owning and using a Computer.
If, for example, a Computer could benefit a Business, it could be Purchased by one Person and used by another.
This can't be done with a Hearing Aid.
There are Schools you can attend, and classes you can take, on how to use a Computer. You can't do that with a Hearing Aid.
There are unbiased Newspaper and Magazine Columns and Articles you can read, which compare Computers,Software,Features,Problems,and Maintenance, of a Computer, that are nowhere except here, to be found.
There is more competition in the Retail Sales of Computers than Hearing Aids, making the Purchase of the Most Expensive Personal Computer Much Less Expensive than the Most Expensive Hearing Aid.
Even an iPhone has more chips and complexities than a Hearing Aid and sells now for $400 or $500 Dollars, Compared to From $3,000 to $8,000 for a Hearing Aid.
The Persons making either a Computer, or anything connected to the Making of Computer, or Hearing Aids, only have to have a Business License to do so.
The Person selling any Computer, even the Most Expensive and Complicated One, like those used by NASA don't have to have a License to do so.
You can be a Sales Associate for Best Buy, or even a Member of the Geek Squad, and not have to be licensed by the State to perform your Sales or Maintenance Job.
Almost Without Exception, Every State, Especially California, requires a License to Dispense Hearing Aids.
In Fact, there is a 2 Phase Test, much,much, more Difficult than that Required for a Drivers License, to be able to sell Hearing Aids in the State Of California.
It almost appears as though the Hearing Aid Dispensers Test in Intended to Keep People Out Of The Business so as to make it Less Competitive and thus More Expensive For The CONSUMERS TO BUY.
YET YOU DON'T NEED A LICENSE TO BE A BRAKE MECHANIC OR ANY OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AS ESTABLISHED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO WORK ON REPAIRING OR INSTALLING BRAKES FOR THE PUBLIC.
YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENSE TO REPAIR BRAKES ON YOUR OWN, OR YOUR NEIGHBORS CARS, IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, BUT YOU DO NEED A LICENSE TO WORK ON YOUR OWN ,OR ANYONE ELSE'S AIRPLANE.

I guess they figure you can be responsible for killing more People with an Airplane than you can with a Motor Vehicle.
Or Else, there are more VOTERS that WORK ON THEIR OWN CARS THAN THERE ARE AIRPLANE OWNERS.
You also need a State License to Cut Hair or Toe nails in the State of California, and it is a FELONY to copy such a LICENSE.
The BEST SOURCE I know of, for initial RESEARCH ON THE PURSUIT OF ACQUIRING A SET OF HEARING AIDS IS: WWW.AUDIOLOGYONLINE.COM
That Site Advertises the Most Prominent and Dominant Hearing Aid Manufacturers. Such as SIEMENS,OTICON,PHONAK,WIDEX,RESOUND,BELTONE,MIRACE-EAR,AND MANY OTHERS.
Each Manufacturer can be obtained by a CLICK from that Site.
Hearing Aid Trade Publications and Magazines can be sourced from that Site.
There are very informative Interviews with Key People in the Hearing Aid Industry on every SUBJECT in the Business.
Each Manufacturer's Website has very informative information not only on their Products, but all ASPECTS OF HEARING LOSS AND HEARING AIDS.
Search Engines make available total information on Ears, Hearing,Acoustics,Ear Disease,Colleges, and Universities,specializing in Hearing, and then there are Plenty of Consumer Associations and Organizations, pertaining to Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids.
Unlike Computers, where there are DOMINANT RETAILERS like BestBuy,Circuit City,etc,that create a COMPETITIVE MARKETPLACE TO THE BENEFIT OF THE CONSUMER,SUCH PLAYERS DON'T EXIST IN THE HEARING AID BUSINESS.
The only RETAILER with real impact is SEARS and they lease out space to MIRACLE-EAR who attempts to SELL AT THE HIGHEST AND MOST PROFITABLE PRICES IN THE COUNTRY. IT IS A CONCESSION WITH SEARS.
THE SAME COMPANY,AMPLIFON,A MARKETING COMPANY ONLY,ALSO OWNS THE SONUS BRAND.
THE PROFIT MARGIN ON COMPUTERS AT BESTBUY IS 7%.
THE PROFIT MARGIN ON HEARING AIDS, SOLD AT SEARS,SONUS,MIRACLE-EAR,BELTONE,AUDIBEL,WALMART,SONUS,HOUSE EAR CLINICS,OR ALMOST ANY HEARING AID DISPENSING ORGANIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES, INCLUDING COSTCO, IS ABOUT 80%.
PROBABLY ABOUT THE SAME MARGINS THAT MICROSOFT ENJOYS. DEPENDING UPON THE PRODUCT GROUP.
There is a lot of GROSS DOLLARS when you play with percentages.
For example: If a Hearing Aid cost a Dealer $1,000 and the Dealer sells it for $2,000, enjoying a $1,000 profit, the GROSS PROFIT IS 50%.
If the Dealer sells the same Hearing Aid for $5,000 enjoying a $4,000 profit, the GROSS PROFIT IS 80%.
The Profit is only 30% Higher, but that TRANSLATES TO $3,000 IN CASH MORE PROFIT.
If the Dealer sells the same Hearing Aid for $7,000 enjoying a $6,000 profit, the GROSS PROFIT IS 85.7%.
THE ADDITIONAL $1,000 IS ONLY 5.7% HIGHER, BUT THE ADDITIONAL PROFIT IS $1,000 CASH.
USUALLY HEARING AID PURCHASERS BUY 2 HEARING AIDS.
DO THE MATH.
THE PROFIT ON THE SALE OF A THOUSAND DOLLAR COMPUTER AT BESTBUY IS $70.00
BESTBUY HAS TO SELL 100 COMPUTERS AT $1,000 EACH, FOR TOTAL SALES OF $100,000 DOLLARS TO MAKE THE SAME $7,000 DOLLARS PROFIT ON THE SALE OF 1 HEARING AID.
THE PROFIT ON THE SALE OF 2 HEARING AIDS WITH A COST OF $1,000 AND A SALES PRICE OF $7,000 IS THE SAME AS BESTBUY HAVING TO SELL $200,000 DOLLARS.
The Time involved in the Sale Of 2 Hearing Aids, on a Yearly basis, from beginning to end, start to finish, is at the most 4 hours.
The Consumers Goal should be to get BESTBUY into the HEARING AID BUSINESS TO CREATE COMPETITION AND BRING THE RETAIL PRICES DOWN.
THAT IS TO THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CONSUMER.
AND REMEMBER, THE PEOPLE BUYING HEARING AIDS ARE USUALLY NOT THE SAME PEOPLE BUYING COMPUTERS, AND EVEN THOSE THAT DO, DON'T REALLY BUY THEM ON THE SAME NEED BASIS.
VERY FEW PEOPLE, REALLY NEED A COMPUTER.
PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED HEARING AIDS, REALLY DO NEED THEM.

BUYER BEWARE

Read
Review #108048 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108048.