You need to do some research!

Okay yes maybe it doesn't cost the maufacturer of hearing aids that much to make their products but they put a *** of a lot of money into reseach and developement to creat the amazing things that hearing aids can do now-a-days!

There are so many things that hearinf aids can do it's unbelieveable... I bet you didn't know that they have bluetooth build right in, they can block out background noise, they can hear sounds from a certian direction and many other things.

The reason they are so expencive is because there are sooo many people who are a part of those hearing aids... they are researched, created, tested, advertised, shipped, programmed to the patients needs... and all of those people who do something have to get paid!!!!

So next time you would like to run your mouth and act like you know what your talking about I suggest you do some research.

hearing aids cost 150 -300 to make. 300 is what they charge the VA.

It is a total scam.

they charge what teh market will bear in this country. it's scam.

York, Pennsylvania, United States #664175

It cost about $300.00 to make a good hearing aid and that includes R&D, I read this on the Internet about a guy doing some research on hearing aids in Germany

#162028

I'm 47 and have had aids for 23 years, most services offered by a 'office' are not required. It would be nice in australia to have a no frills option.

@DavidM

Good luck testing, programming, and fitting your own hearing aids. Within a week you'll have a nice pair of ITD aids - In The Drawer :)

Yes, do your research. If you are here blogging and in need of hearing aids you have the capability to purchase them form an internet supplier.

Check out HearSource.com

Hearing aid for a fraction of the cost of buying hearing aids thru traditional distribution channels.

And you are able to adjust them yourself. If you can't adjust them yourself they (HearSource) will adjust them for you via your own internet connected computer.

Good luck.

I agree! I think that people don't understand what a hearing aid really does, and what the provider can make it do!

A hearing aid is not something you just put in your ear. An amplifier is... You can't just throw something into your ear and expect good results. Taken into consideration are acoustics, physics, listening environments, comfort, lifestyle, wide dynamic range multi-band compression, limiting, gain, real ear measurements, the type, nature, and degree of loss, among countless other factors.

Much of a good dispenser's time is spent after the hearing aids are fitted with counseling, aftercare, and programming. Hearing is subjective and can be measured, but the true answer is the patient, which is why it's so important to find an office you trust. To sell a hearing aid is one thing; to develop a working relationship with a patient is another.

Acknowledging a hearing loss can be difficult and being taken for a ride by a shady outfit is the last thing someone wants when coming out of denial. Hearing aid research continues to please the market's consumers and to educate the 35 million americans who choose not to get help. Regardless of who dispenses, (ENT, audiologist or dispenser) a few thousand dollars is inexpensive for the quality of life hearing aids restore on a daily basis. Negotiating a price for a hearing aid is like asking your dentist if his filling's prices are competitive or worth it as he's drilling. I spent over 4000 dollars on braces and took them out in a year. I told the dentist I wanted to leave them in a few more months just to get my money's worth!!! One may think that hearing aids are expensive, but you must consider the one-on-one attention your dispenser gives you every time you come in for a cleaning or adjustment, loss and damage insurance, and the value of someone who listens to your concerns.

You can pay $10,000 for a state of the art hearing system, but the quality of the sound may only be as good as your dispenser's ability. Imagine a singer who goes to the recording studio. A lousy engineer in a multi-million dollar studio could make them sound awful, while a grammy award-winning producer with limited equipment could make htem sound amazing. YOURS IN HEARING. HAPPY LISTENING

Smart girl - learn to spell if you want anyone to take your opinion seriously

Gibsonburg, Ohio, United States #36967

I don't know what you are talking about... there is no ad on this page!

but whatever! Have GREAT day!

Hahahahahha,a too funny you talk about the magic and expense of hearing aids and the worker bees who research and build and sell and fit and what is the ad on this site lol hahahh too *** funny. It is an ad for a toy hearing aid did i say hearing aid sorry i ment toy ***.

It is one of those 20 dollar aids you see advertised in the funny papers. Oh man you really out did your selves on this one.

Talk quality and accept the cheaptes piece of *** "hearing aid" known to man. go get em i am so not impressed.

View more comments (9)
Author
Review #121329 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Saint Louis, Missouri - Charged my account without authorization

i want my money back nobody asked to take it from my account i work to hard for my money for it to just be takin away for what i have no idea so someone tell me why you came and took my money i have no idea why have these charges on MY account i did not approve them so this is illegal what u just did yea it may only bo two dollars dut it is my two dollars not yours so give it back to me now you guys r crooks stop whatever it is that you r doing

Saint Louis, Missouri
Review #121087 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer121087.

Other Company in Reston, Virginia - Very Rude

They called me and left a nasty message saying I needed to pay my bill as soon as possible. Well I had already paid it off with another company over 2 weeks ago.

I called back and they were very rude on the phone and said they had no proof that I even paid. I told them they needed to call the other company because I paid it off. I told him he was being rude and he said you are unbelievable, you debtors are such a joke when you are saying we are rude. You are the ones who need to pay your bills.

So I called the other company and they said that I was all paid up and done. I told them the situation and they said they would call the company.

I called back to speak with a manager and he was the same way. He said they had sent mail and I should have gotten.

I told him if I had received it then I would have called them to make a payment. He continued to say that I needed to pay my bills and that they sent me the mail.

He too did not believe I had paid the bill and was very rude. Does anyone know of an agency to contact about them?

Reston, Virginia
Review #121048 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer121048.

Other Company in Dayton, Ohio - Bill me with out notify of any kind

I found this account on my credit card charge me all together about $30. 00, and i cannot find any thing about this company or how i got hook-up with it

if someone is going to take your money they need to

let you that you have the sevices and what kind of sevice it is .

for what I found out is what I found here and i still don't known what they do. or why I have this sevice

or how to get this sevice. there was no e-mail or anyting to notify of them.is there a website to this

company.

Dayton, Ohio
Review #121036 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer121036.

Other Company in Dallas, Texas - Folks- ALWAYS use a Virtual Credit Card!!!

I then cancel the card so the most the crooks can get is the onetime charge. Check your credit card's website to use a virtual credit card.

I see scams all the time on the internet. So, I ALWAYS use a virtual credit card when I purchase from the net. I then cancel the card so the most the crooks can get is the onetime charge.

Check your credit card's website to use a virtual credit card.

Dallas, Texas
Loss
Review #120968 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer120968.

Other Company in Buffalo, New York - Plane ticket

I was in the airport last year I I was ask to siup for a their credit card I would get a plane ticket for free anywhere they fly. How ever I never received one .If I would of know I would never sign up.

first they told me i had to make a purchases which I did and still never received my ticket . they kept giving me excuse.

I don't think they should be able to say that and not come through with heir offer. I still would like to know why I never received my one way ticker all I got was a t shirt and a alarm clock which they hand out at the airport

Sue Hoffman

Buffalo, New York
Review #120929 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer120929.

Hornymatches

If you check the photo's on Hornymatches, you just might find some really beautiful ladies, such as some of the ladies who have modeled for Playboy in the past for some of their secondary publications...I am very suspicious of many of these...ummm, if they are model beautiful, do you really think they need to use this site to find a guy? Ummm...duh!

Too bad Hugh Hefner doesn't come out with a real and trusted website that actually links up local men and women so they can get to know each other in a fair fashion without trying to rip ever one off.

it's scam site, never join

Madisonville, Kentucky
Review #120913 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer120913.

Other Company in Dallas, Texas - CALLING AT WORK CONSTANTLY

They call me at work constantly and try to get me upset.they offer no valid solutions about my student loan.It was 16.000 and is now 26.000 with collection cost and I have paid more then 10.000 to them and they say too bad because it was in default

Help help help.Who do I call they are going to garnish my wages which they say will all go to nothing if I don't agree to pay them out of my checking account way to much for me I am a single mother Help somebody

I can help.....call me at 773 847 2600 for a case review at no charge. We sue debt collectors. mkriskasalo@yahoo.com

Dallas, Texas
Review #120908 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer120908.

Other Company in Gautier, Mississippi - False Credit Report

I filed an insurance claim in the proper manner the company carried me to court-they lost as i told the judge they did not report the claim to the Insurance company as i submitted all paper work the insurance paid the claim now the company has reported the debt to the credit bureau as a charge off in April of 08 - after the courts dismissed it . I contacted the company but they will not correct it nor will they refund my money also the insurance over paid ans they do not show the correct amount that was paid to date

Gautier, Mississippi
Review #120898 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer120898.

Other Company in Elizabethtown, Kentucky - GET RID OF THE REVENETS

I would like if u guys could please take out the revenets in the wild. i just lost 1.4m because of them..and y did i have 1.4m on me, because of u guys u made me wait 3days to get in my bank just because i forgot the *** code..

So could u get rid of that as well..if we cancel our bank pins have them canceled right away please. And even though i dont like bounty hunter becasue anyone can still attk you. u can keep it just get rid of the bank pin canceling time and the revs please and thank you!

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Review #120830 is a subjective opinion of poster.