Other Company in Orange, California - BUSINESS FUNDAMENTALS-FROM START TO FINISH-PART IV-SUPERVISED TRAINING AND OVERSIGHT OF DEALERS & DI

Williard Schmaltz,the new Owner of Columbia Tools,Inc.,having witnessed the demise of the American Automotive Industry, was very sensitive to how his Manufactured Products were going to Distributed,Sold,and Serviced, by his National Newwork of Distributors and Dealers.

He realized that Providing the Finest Products made, were just one part of the success of his Business.

What happened after His Products were purchased was just as important as anything he could do.

He knew that if His Products were Advertised, Displayed, Presented, Demonstrated, Sold, or Serviced, in any way other than in the most Ethical and Competitive Way, His Business could be Jeopardized,or at least negatively impacted, by anything less than Micro-Managing the Marketing,Sales,and Distribution of His Products.

His Responsibilities didn't end with a Finished Product.

He felt the American Car Companies, should have owned 10% of the Retail Dealerships. 5% in Urban Areas,and 5% in Rural Areas.

All Ownerhsip,Management,and Service Personnel, for all Independent Franchises, should have had to have worked in the Company Owned Stores.

All Policies and Procedures should have been standardized,implemented,executed,and enforced.

In other words, the American Car Companies, should have controled as much as they legally could, in the Distribution and Sale of Their Products.

Allowing a helter-skelter network of Dealers, operating anyway they wanted to, in the Sale of the American Car Companies Products, was actually placing their Future and Destiny in the Control of Non-Owners of the Car Companies.

The Pent-up Anger, and Frustration, of American Car Owners, more upset with the Dealer Network and their Policies,Practices,Service,and Policies, than the Products themselves, is the Primary Reason for the Success of Foreign Brands.

It was the American Publics Way of Voting on their Satisfaction with the American Automotive Industry.

The Irony is, that the SAME OWNERS,MANAGERS,AND SERVICE PERSONNEL, NOW DISTRIBUTE THE FOREIGN BRANDS, SO VERY LITTLE HAS REALLY CHANGED.

ONLY THE NAMES.

Mr. Schmaltz was not going to allow His Brand to be Destroyed or Adversely Affected, by his Distribution Network.

His Management Team would be as Stringent in Their Supervision of their Dealer Network, as they were in their Corporate Responsibilities.

Lesson Learned

More to come.

He realized His Business could not only

Read
Review #108708 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108708.

Other Company in Chicago, Illinois - Don't buy at buy.com

Placed an order for an Asus eee on this last Tue night at buy.com. The order went to the "processing" phase and is still stuck there as of Fri. Sent at least 3 emails to customer support and have only gotten back computer generated messages. Have tried to cancel the order and only get a "cancel requested" response. Company policy shows I should be able to cancel prior to shipping but it isn't happening.

This is my first and last attempt to buy at buy.com.

Kinda takes the Christmas spirit out of Christmas.

J P Jones III

Read
Review #108695 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108695.

HEARING AIDS - STEPS TO TAKE TO ADVOID COSTLY HEARING AID REPAIRS -NOW AND FOREVER

Almost all Hearing Aids being sold today, at least in the United States, are of Digital Design, meaning they include DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING.

Almost without exception, ALL REPAIR LABS, whether they are the Original Manufacturer of the Hearing Aid, or what are called Independent or All-Make Repair Labs, CHARGE MORE FOR THE REPAIR OF A PROGRAMMABLE ANALOG OR A PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL HEARING AID WHETHER ITS PROGRAMMABLE OR NOT.

Yes there are Digital Hearing Aids that are not Programmable, even though not many are sold.

By far, and almost without exception, the malfunction of a Hearing Aid is caused by Cerumen, more commonly referred to as EARWAX.

For some unknown reason, Earwax seems to crawl into the tubing of either a Behind-the-Ear Hearing Aid or even the Receiver Tubing of a Custom Made Hearing Aid.

The new Open-Fit designed Hearing Aids, whether or not the Receiver is in the Canal or placed inside the Hearing Aid (the RIC, Receiver in the Canal) uses an electrical copper wire from the Processor(Hearing Aid) to transmit the current to the Receiver in the Canal, and the other Design where the Receiver (Speaker) is inside the case of the Hearing Aid, uses tubing to transmit the Sound.

In Both Designed Types, EARWAX is still the NEMESIS of Hearing Aids and the EARWAX either gets into the tube itself, or the tube opening at the base, or in the RIC Design, gets into the Entrance of the Receiver.

Almost ALL HEARING AID MANUFACTURERS today, use a WAX GUARD of some type, and they do work, meaning that they get plugged up instead of the tubing, which still results in the Hearing Aid not performing.

The Hearing Aid works, but because the Sound Path the Hearing Aid Produces, is plugged with EARWAX, no Sound is heard.

The way to determine whether the Problem is the Hearing Aid or Plugged Eaxwax, is to disconnect the tubing from the Hearing Aid.

If the Hearing Aid Squeals in an on position, then it Ear Wax not the Hearing Aid.

Removing the Wax Guard is also another way to check.

Only as a last resort, should you take a Hearing Aid into a Hearing Aid Office, whatever title they go by, to have them check a malfunctioning Hearing Aid.

A Competent,experienced,honest Hearing Aid Dispenser, will always attempt, in view of the Hearing Aid User, to clean the EAR WAX from the Hearing Aid or the Hearing Aid tubing, or remove the WAX Guard, install a new battery, and adjust the battery contacts, and only as a last resort, will send the Hearing Aid to a Repair Lab.

It should be understood, that usually, only when a Hearing Aid is sent to a Repair Lab, is there a Charge for any Repair Services.

It is legal for any business, at least in the State of California, to charge for any Service they perform.

Be wary of Any Hearing Aid Office, where they just take the Malfunctioning Hearing Aid in for repair, without attempting to Fix It in front of you.

There obviously is an incentive (Profit) for the Hearing Aid Office to automatically take the Hearing Aid in for Service (as though they were a Dry Cleaners) and if in fact, its an Older Aid, that has never been previously Repaired, and the Hearing Aid Office actually does send the Hearing Aid to a Repair Lab, and they actually Perform a Service, they too, sometimes Cheat, then it may be worthwhile to have the Hearing Aid Serviced, even if it's performance is marginal.

Hearing Aids that are Repaired by a Repair Lab, usually are then Provided at least a 1 year warranty, covering anything Electronic or Manual.

There are no Standard Prices for having a Hearing Aid Repaired.

The Dealer can charge whatever they can get away with.

Shop around.

Ask where the Hearing Aid will be repaired and who will provide the Warranty?

Since, in the vast majority of repairs, in fact, almost without exception, its the same Electronic Components Damaged (microphone or receivers (speaker) or perhaps a broken wire, there should be no difference in the Repair Charge just because the Hearing Aid is of Digital Type.

But there usually is.

When I challenged several Hearing Aid Repair Labs and Manufacturers as to why they charged more for their services because the Aids were Digital, the Reply was always the same.

Because they could get away with it.

But in the FREE MARKET ECONOMIC SYSTEM somebody will come along and offer fair prices with no product type distinction, and then the Industry will have to conform in order to compete.

Until then.

BUYER BEWARE

Tukwila, Washington, United States #685667

Thanks again, judge!

Elijah

Review #108694 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108694.

Other Company in Orange, California - Warranties and extended warranties - Policies and Practices

As a Consumer I think one of the Most Important things a Person has to know is what the Laws Pertaining to Warranties and Extended Warranties, and Also What Service Contracts mean, and the Laws,Rules,and Regulations, are pertaining to All of the Above.

Another area of concern Should Be, and I, Leases.

One of the Most Popular type of Lease, is an Automotive Lease.

I Believe there is a real need for a thorough explanation as what all the aspects of any of these Products and Services are, and what are the Considerations..

It is my intent to investigate all areas of the above subjects, and to report on them to the best of my ability.

Buyer Beware

Read
Review #108613 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108613.

Other Company in Burlington, Massachusetts - TICKED OFF CONSUMER

I was unawair of the extra fees and extra monies being taken from my account that was not applied to my loan and now I am paying more than the loan by double and then some.

I am a single mother of two and needed cash to pay some bills and now I'm screwed for more money than I have and was unaware of having to pay. Christmas is around the corner and I don't have that much money for my children because I'm out almost $400 plus and I have bills to pay.

I work 40 hours at a regular job and thought that this would help me ove the hump til I get paid and it did until my payments were never applied to the loan but just in the pockets of the employer-employees which in my eyes is basically steeling money from the poor which is me.

The webcite never states anything about paying the extra fees and never stating anything about extensions, it just said it had a great payment schedule with little fees that would not exceed the amount due, but it has and then some.

Please return with some information on how to get my money back and to stop them from taking any more money.

thank you for your attention to this matter.

Amy Paolino

unhappy customer

Read
Review #108585 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108585.

HEARING AIDS-BE-MIRACLE EAR-NU EAR-AUDIBEL-SONUS-

Private Label Hearing Aids,

I didn't have room in the Title to include: SURF CITY HEARING AIDS.

What is the Consumer to do?

The average Consumer, or Prospect, for a Hearing Aid has no idea as to how to proceed in the acquisition of a Hearing Aid, or any Information on Hearing Aids.

The Average Hearing Aid Dispenser, has no idea how to proceed in the acquisition of a Hearing Aidl.

What is taught, and the only thing required, in the fitting of Hearing Aids, is the technical aspects.

You learn how to use an Audiometer, and how to fill out an Audiogram.

You learn how to take an impression of each ear.

You learn how to examine an ear canal, atlhough you are not taught what to look for.

You are taught how to fill out order forms.

You are taught how to use a Cash Register or a Credit Card Processing Machine.

You receive no training, exposure, or input, from anyone dealing with Senior Citizens.

During the past 24 Years, I have attended Seminars promoting Engineers and PHD Audiologists.

Since 95% of all Hearing Aid Prospects and Users, are Senior Citizens, and in my opinion, always will be, I would like to receive information,education,and training, from those Professionals, involved in working with older People.

Their titles are too numerous to mention.

The Placing of a Private Label Name on a Hearing Aid, is to the detriment of the Consumer.

It either restricts or at least eliminates the possibility of service by anyone other than those associated with the Private Brand Label.

No Competition.

Limited Service.

No advantages.

Anyone buying a Private Brand Hearing Aid, is at the Mercy of that Brand.

Do not do it.

For further information contact: Eugenia Mironoff @ 800.432.7114 or dat35@verizon.net

Read
Review #108546 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108546.

HEARING AIDS-AN INITIAL HEARING AID ACQUISITION INTERVIEW@7:30 A.M THIS MORNING

A man called my office several days ago, having been referred by an existing Client, in an effort to establish an appointment for an Interview.

He left a message on my voice-mail, and I returned his call.

He called, I returned the call, I called, he returned the call, and we were engaged in what is commonly referred to as "Phone Tag"...I think.

In any event, we finally connected, and got to talk to each other.

I suggested that perhaps we could handle his inquiry over the phone, rather than him coming to my office, and taking up his time, and mine.

This approach is unheard of in the Hearing Aid Industry, because at every function and event, that has ever taking place, Hearing Aid Dispensers are taught to "Get them in the office, whatever it takes".

I don't subscribe to that technique.

I would rather talk to somebody new, over the telephone, because they don't feel pressured or threatened, and I have the opportunity to tell them the facts of life,regarding hearing aids,without ever having met them.

Since my position, observations,and opinions, never vary, I have no fear of contradiction or conrfusion.

Since I have no ulterior motive, such as selling a hearing aid, it is irrelevant to me, whether the conversation results in an appointment.

I feel I am providing honest, informative,substantive,unbiased, information. Not readily available from anyone else. If the Prospect or Client can't recognize that, or tell the difference, then perhaps they should go elsewhere.

When this Gentleman arrived, and we met, he was prepared to debate me on the subject of Hearing Aids.

He had an inch thick folder of printed material that he had downloaded from the Internet.

He was prepared.

What he wasn't prepared for, was me.

After his initial presentation, I informed him that his information and positions were incorrect.

I informed him, that I thought the most Important part of acquiring a hearing aid was the Hearing Aid Dispenser, not the Hearing Aidl.

I think that shocked him.

Most of the time, Educated Prospects, spend all their time, and their efforts, researching information on Hearing "Aids.

I always inform them they should spend their time and efforts investigating Hearing Aid Offices, and Hearing Aid Dispensers.

I informed him, that my position is, that there is basically no difference in the technology offered by any one Hearing Aid Manufacturer, than another.

This approach, has to take the "Wind out of the sail" of any novice or rookie.

All their research on the Internet, for the most part, is of no avail. Meaningless.

Try as I may, it is almost impossible to convince People, that the most important part of any Relationship, is another Person.

They prefer to believe it is the product...the commodity.

That is of course, except for the People on Trial, for anything.

Or those requiring Surgery, of any Type.

Only then, do they realize, and appreciate, the Difference in People.

Regardless, and by Any Standard, I expect this Prospect to return, and to be taken care of by my Office.,

I may be wrong, but I doubt it. And again, I really don't care. If he doesn't recognize the difference, my attitude is: Shame on him.

For further information contact: Eugenia Mironoff@ 800.432.7114 or email: dat35@verizon.net

Tukwila, Washington, United States #685674

I agree. I bought 20used aids, and they ALL WORK ON MY EARS.

Not what I expected.

I hope, and expect, that a superb fitter will make a big difference.

Not easy to find, or identify, but I'll bet on the Judge.

There should be some others, somewhere. . ? Eugenia ?

Costco wants them, but they're rare.

Elijah

Review #108534 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108534.

HEARING AIDS - COSTCO HEARING AID CENTERS - WHY BUY OR NOT BUY FROM A BIG BOX WAREHOUSE HEARING AID

A man named Sol Price, who evidently wore Hearing Aids, had a Provider, I think named Jack, who mutually thought it would be a great idea, to put The Price Club in the Hearing Aid Dispensing Business.

In my opinion, I think that was a great decision, and to the benefit of the Hearing Impaired Population, at least in the geographical area served by the Price Club.

The reason I say that, even though I am more affected by COSTCO being in the Hearing Aid Business than a lot of other Hearing Aid Businesses, in that I am in more direct competition than the others, because we compete for Prospects and Clients, that pay for their Hearing Aidsl.

We are not like HearX, that is fed Hearing Aid Prospects by KAISER, that owns either 40% or 50% of HearX in exchange for providing audiology services no charge to Kaiser.

We have no contracts, like Newport Audiology, with any HMO'S that feed Hearing Aid Prospects to us in exchange for free Audiology Services.

Our Husband or Wife is not an ENT that feeds us Hearing Aid Prospects.

We are not like Miracle-Ear, that is fed Prospects by being associated with SEARS.

We are not owned or affiliated with SONUS,BELTONE,AUDIBEL,NU-EAR,or any other Group that feeds us Hearing Aid Prospects.

We are just a small individual independently owned Hearing Aid Office, with 24 years of experience in providing alternatives to buying New Hearing Aids and provide Services and Options, not offered by anyone else.

Our basis premise is that we do what is to the best interest to our Clients, at the most competitive prices.

Very simply put, its the old fashioned way of doing business.

Its called INTEGRITY.

We are in it for the long run, or long haul. Not the short run.

We intend to be in business, long after the fast-buck artists are gone.

For further information call: Eugenia Mironoff @ 800.432.7114 or email: dat35@verizon.net

Read

Glad to see this information.its very interesting.I would like to hear more information from your side.

Hearing aid accessories

Review #108533 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108533.

HEARING AIDS-PRAUDIGY HEARING CLINICS-ANOTHER POSITIVE EXPERIENCE IN ACQUIRING HEARING AIDS-NICE PE

This morning I had another enjoyable experience, in that I met a Hearing Aid Dispenser employed by a Company called Harris Quest, that is selling hearing aids in California under the Name and License called Praudigy Hearing Clinics.

The name is derived, as was explained to me, from the three letters: AUD such as in Audiology,Audio, etc. There is now a Educational Degree or Certificate labeled AUD as in PHD.

When I was first exposed to the name Praudigy all I could think of was the Political Campaign of an Organization named: Move On .com, a left wing ultra liberal organization, I believe funded by the Billionair George Soros.

They took out full page ads in all the major newspapers throughout the United States disparaging General Patreius, the Commander in Charge of the United States Military in Iraq and Afganistan, the day before he was to address and respond to the Congress of the United States regarding our activities in the Middle East.

Their Advertisement said: General Patreius...don't Betray Us.

A play on his name.

What they actually did, and it back-fired on them in Public Opinion and Public Relations, was to insult the Integrity of a General of the United States Army, as though he would lie to the American People.

This Man has the respect of all American Citizens, and such an attack on his Integrity offended almost everyone.,

The Ultra Liberal Attack failed...terribly.

That is why I am not going to suggest the association of the word Fraudigy with Praudigy. I think it would be in bad taste, to say the least.

Evidently, Praudigy Hearing Clinics, has established some type of business relationship with CVS Drug Stores.

I think this concept is great, in that the more competition in the Hearing Aid Business, the Better for the Consumer.

When everybody assumes, that every aspect of Hearing Aid Sales has been covered, along comes Praudigy.

Another Alternative.

Competition keeps everyone honest, and on their toes, so to speak.

The Hearing Aid Dispenser, working at the Fountain Valley location for the CVS Drug Store, is a very competent and long time Dispenser.

The Hearing Test administered was very thorough, and her attitude and demeanor was very positive and professional.

She was not pretentious or artificial, and recommended what she thought was appropriate for my hearing loss and pocket-book.

I would not hesitate buy hearing aids from Praudigy Hearing Clinics.

For further information call Eugenia Mironoff @ 800.432.7114 or email: dat35@verizon.net

Arhus, Arhus, Denmark #44103

Praudigy Hearing clinics ripped us off. They never returned our refund.

They told us for months its in process.

It's going on 5 months now ans its impossible to get a hold of them and they don't return calls. People that play nice and then rip off the disabled are *** in my book.

Review #108531 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108531.

HEARING AIDS-HOW TO NEUTRALIZE COSTCO HEARING AID SALES INFLUENCE&IMPACT-ALL ATTITUDE-FACE THE FACTS

THE ABSOLUTE AND SINGLE REASON WHY ANYONE BUYS HEARING AIDS FROM COSTCO IS PRICE. PERIOD.

ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE SUPERIOR PRODUCTS.

ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER SERVICE OR WARRANTY POLICIES.

ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE QUALIFIED HEARING AID DISPENSERS.

ITS BECAUSE, IN MOST CASES, IN MOST GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS, THEY OFFER THE BEST PRICES.

I do not write this, to in any way denigrate the quality of experience,service,attitude,or skills, of their Hearing Aid Dispensers, in relation to any other Hearing Aid Dispensers anywhere, employed by anyone, or self-employed, because I know several Hearing Aid Dispensers employed by COSTCO and they are as good as anyone and as dedicated as anyone. They are as experienced, if not more so, than most Hearing Aid Dispensers, and as Individuals, they have the same values,morals,ethics,and virtures, as anyone else in the Hearing Aid Industry.

Hearing Aid Dispensers are like anyone else. We all have different values,and ethics.

It doesn't matter your looks,education,or training.

You are either Honest,Compassionate,Generous,Interested,Serious,Thoughtful,Responsible, Dependable, or you are not.

Everyone, regardless of their Station in Life, can *** their Employers, Supervisors,Associates,etc.

Some People, regardless of who they are, feel the only one they answer to, is themself.

Thats not who you want as your Hearing Aid Provider, regardless of their Title,Education,or Degrees.

I write this because today, on my 2nd visit to my local Barnes & Noble Booksellers Store, a man stood in front of me in the check-out line, that wore 2 Open Fit Hearing Aids.

From behind him, I asked him how the Hearing Aids were working for him.

He replied, not worth a ***.

I noticed an English Accent.

I told him I was in the Business and that one of his Hearing Aids was seat correctly upon his ear.

I immediately noticed they were what we call "Open Fit" type hearing aids.

Because I could see the Domes (the part that fits in the ear canal) and because of the way they hung on his ears, I determined the length of the tubing or wires were shorter than they should have been to be effective and be cosmetically appealing.

The way those Hearing Aids fit that Man was more a reflection of the Hearing Aid Provider, than the Hearing Aid User.

The Hearing Aid User didn't know any better, the Hearing Aid Provider either did, or should have.That is assuming, the Hearing Aid Provider cared about his or her Client.

The Hearing Aid User, who was a Person I hadn't met before, and may never meet again, proceeded to the Check-out Register before I did.

I finished my purchase before he did, and since I had to pass him on the way out of the store, I said Goodby and Good *** to him.

He stopped me as I passed him, and asked me if he could talk to me. I waited for him by the exit.

When he arrived where I was positioned near the exit, he told me of his entire experience in the purchase and usage of his Hearing Aids.

He stated that he went to COSTCO only because of Price.

In fact he said other Friends and Family Members only went to COSTCO because of Price.

Everybody he knew inquired everywhere other than COSTCO but found the Price of Hearing Aids to be RIDICULOUS AND VERY OVER PRICED.

As a result, they felt that COMMON SENSE dictated that they buy their Hearing Aids from COSTCO.

After he purchased the recommended Hearing Aids from the Hearing Aid Dispenser for COSTCO at the Fountain Valley location, he found he couldn't cope with the Dispenser's Attitude and Disposition.

He chose to be Serviced by the Hearing Aid Dispenser in the COSTCO Cerritos location. He thought the guy there was a very nice person, polite, and accomadating.

The reality is, that the Dispenser in Cerritos. probably resents the idea, that he is taking care of a Customer of the Fountain Valley location.

The Customer of COSTCO and the User of the Hearing Aids, who paid COSTCO $3,000 for a pair of INTERTON OPEN FIT HEARING AIDS, is very unhappy with the performance of the Hearing Aids.

Both the Hearing Aid User and his Wife, want to return the Hearing Aids to COSTCO for a refund.I assured them that COSTCO would very willingly return their money.

I also suggested he try the newest Hearing Aids COSTCO is offering, called REXTON REVO with a remote control and a receiver in the canal, which provides better localization of sound.

I also suggested that perhaps the Gentleman really didn't have enough of a loss to justify spending even $3,400 for Hearing Aids.

Perhaps he had expectations that could never be met.

It has been my experience, that when People who have a Marginal, or what I call Optional, Hearing Loss, meaning that the World, or their Life, or Anyone Else's, doesn't hinge on whether they understand Beach as Beach, rather than Teach, or they respond to the word spoken as Peach, rather than Reach, perhaps they really don't need Hearing Aids, especially since they COST MORE THAN HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISION.

Better Speech Practices by all Speakers,and a Realization that there are limitations to the Benefits of Hearing Aids, and because of the Current Pricing Patterns, of Hearing Aids, its Conceivable that my observation that "Only the People that Really Need Hearing Aids will buy them and use them, and accordingly will appreciate them for what they are. An Assistive Listening Device.

I have decided that the way all current Hearing Aid PProviders could take COSTCO out of the Hearing Aid Business and thus Eliminate a very viable COMPETITOR, is to OFFER ALL THE SAME PRODUCTS THAT COSTCO OFFERS AT EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE.

SINCE COSTCO HAS A VERY LIMITED SELECTION OF HEARING AID BRANDS AND MODELS, AND SINCE MOST HEARING AID OFFICES CAN BUY THE SAME PRODUCTS AT VERY CLOSE PRICES THAT COSTCO PAYS, AND SINCE COSTCO IS MAKING A VERY GOOD PROFIT WHEN THEY SELL HEARING AIDS, FOR EXAMPLE, THEY ARE MAKING ABOUT $1,000 PROFIT PER HEARING AID WHEN THEY SELL THE REXTON REVO HEARING AID FOR $1,700 OR $2,000 PER PAIR ON A SALE OF $3,400 FOR 2 HEARING AIDS, I WOULD ASSUME EVEN THE MOST GREEDY HEARING AID PROVIDER OR DISPENSER COULD LIVE WITH THAT PROFIT MARGIN.

I KNOW I CAN.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OF CONTENT CALL: Eugenia Mironoff @ (800) 432-7114 or email: dat35@verizon.net

lovejoyelijah@gmail.com

please keep me informed. thanks

Don't open your HA business near a Costco

It has been shown in research that hearing aids improve health-related quality of life by reducing psychological, social, and emotional effects of hearing loss. I'm sure there are many reasons the gentleman we met in Costco that day did not wear hearing aids.

He might not want to admit he's getting older, he might believe there is a stigma to wearing hearing aids, or he might believe that hearing aids do not work well enough to help him. What was sad to me is that I do know that hearing aids would significantly improve his quality of life.

This gentleman obviously had age-related high frequency hearing loss and the use of a hearing aid would have completely solved his problem in Costco. I hope he will accept his loss one day and give the hearing aids a try.

hearing services

I appreciate your post. I also wrote that SMS advertising provides a cost effective method of targeting promotions to specific customer profiles. You might want to remind customers of specific events or promotions, but for whatever reasons, SMS allows you to pass information directly to the right customer at very affordable prices and fast delivery.

Hearing Aid

Glad to see this information.its very useful for eneryone.thanks for sharing this post.

Hearing Aid

Costco has done something no other company in the hearing aid business has been able to do. Costco has provided better hearing to more people then any dispensing company out there with the exception of the VA.

VA patients do not pay for their hearing aids by the way. Costco has been in the hearing aid business for only 13 years. In that time Costco has become the number one retailer of hearing aids in the US. In 2010 Costco sold over 140 million in hearing aids.

Costco only has the top two models of aids from 3 different suppliers. Bernafon (a brand name of Otocon, Rexton ( a brand name of Seimens) and Resound. All companys reconized as top developers of hearing aids in the world. The average years of experence for 75% of Costco dispensers is plus 15 years.

For the other 25% it is greater then 4 years. Costco had done more for the hearing impaired of this country then any other company.

Of course there will be hard feelings, of course there will be those who have thier own mind set of what we do, but the fact of the matter is we help more people hear better. Period!

A VERY proud Costco Dispenser in Kendall, FL.

Seattle, Washington, United States #605640
@Larry A Boles

I agree with your positive comments on Costco.

Costco is surely helping reduce the population of people who lose their mind because they lost their hearing, and thus all social contact.

LONG LIVE COSTCO!

elijah lovejoy, ph.d

retired from U C Santa Barbara and from the

Department of State, USA

lovejoyelijah@gmail.com

Tukwila, Washington, United States #685726
@Larry A Boles

THANKS for writing, Larry.

Many dispensers knock Costco, because they believe Costco may put them out of business..

If they were to match on price and provide better service, what would happen?

They could start by matching the fine trial and return options.

Hmmmmmmm.

Elijah

Anyone who pays more than 300 bucks for a hearing aid aught to see a shrink.

I wore hearing aids all my life, I know what they pay for them and here is another clue: the all in the ears are much less than behind the ear.

They do not pay much more than 150 bucks for any hearing aid and charge the consumer 12,000% over thier cost .. go figure

I guess you are saying to go to Costco with an idea of which hearing aids they carry, do a bit of research, then make sure they are fitted correctly, and get them back in the 30 days that you are allowed to return if not satisfied?

#120823

Went to Costco in Westlake Village, Ca (Thousand Oaks) for a hearing test. I have a well documented mid range loss since birth, and it has become increasingly difficult for me to understand conversation. This loss had been diagnosed by the time I was 6 years old, and tracked by my ENT through my entire adult life.

As a professional journalist, I am required to interview subjects, and it was becoming difficult to do my job.

One problem with this sort of loss is that it is VERY difficult to fit a hearing aid of any sort that will work well. My high and low ranges are normal (this is so unusual that the Costco hearing aid dispenser tested me TWICE to make sure that she had accurate numbers, even though I had assured her that her first test was accurate). With a good high range, distortion and extraneous noises were annoying, and at worst, disorienting. I was not able to hear voices, but could hear someone tapping on a key board two offices away. I had to wait for devices with enough equalization channels so that I could select the correct frequencies to boost. This year, I decided to try both 12 and 22 channel devices.

I went to Costco for two reasons. It was convenient, and there was a price advantage that could not be denied.

What I found was a technician who took her job very seriously. I informed her in advance of the test as to what my hearing problem was. She agreed that it might be impossible to fit me with a useful hearing aid, but she went ahead with the test, and then, the tests necessary to fit the hearing aids. My choice was one of the behind the ear open type, the best that they had.

Though she was not experienced with this type of loss, her approach to programming the devices was spot on. She said " I am going to learn along with you. Tell me how these work for you"

After additional testing to program the hearing aids, she fitted them to me, explained the three settings for volume and background noise elimination, and told me to go out into the store for an hour.

I found that the hearing aids actually worked. I am familiar with psycho acoustics, so I knew that the experience would be a little strange. It was, but I could hear VOICES clearly, in a range that was usually indecipherable for me. I did hear every shopping cart as well, and the hum of the refrigerators and HVAC units.

However, I was able to use the low background noise setting, which, after about 45 minutes, gave me an ability to hear things that I had not heard clearly for several years. I was able to discriminate between background sounds, and that which I wanted to hear. It was not easy, but I could do it after only about half an hour. With the other, more primitive devices, this was impossible.

My experience with Costco is that the dispenser took her time to find a solution for me. She was knowledgeable, and had skills to give me the settings that worked.

Though I have not tried the devices yet in the real world (at home, car aircraft, motorcycle, race car), Costco was the first place that would fit me and let me try the devices for enough time to get used to them.

THIS ALONE IS REASON ENOUGH TO PURCHASE HEARING AIDS FROM COSTCO.

I did not have to buy them, or leave a deposit. Also, the dispenser was VERY interested in my evaluation of the hearing aids. I don't know which manufacturer I purchased, but I pick them up in two weeks.

I had been to several other hearing aid dispensers, and several ENTs over the years. None had ever done such a thorough test of my hearing, and non had even attempted to try a solution with a multi channel device.

There is nothing wrong with Costco's service when it comes to fitting hearing aids.

John

If you check every complaint on hearing aids on this forum you will see that Alsip Magistrate has pretty well had something to say on all of them plus all the post he makes on his own. Me thinks he is someone who is locked away for his own good but has access to the internet.

If you google Alsip Magistrate, you can read his praise of Sam's Club's sales of hearing aids over the internet. Most people know better than that -unless they work there!

#42068

this article was limited in help....maybe for experieinced users...

i have a moderate almost severe hearing loss..I NEED hearing aides....I do not hear 88% of speech. I want to ensure i am getting a good buy on my hearing aides (Oticon-Vigo pro) I have no idea what to compare them to or what a reasonable fee is or if there is a lower proiced comparable hearing aid.....for two it is $4,800 two year warranty and service...great service and nice hearing aid provider....any advice or comments on the cost...thanks!

olrowe
Remsenburg-Speonk, New York, United States #23835

This man seems to making a fair analysis of Costco hearing aid dept. The price quotes are all accurate as I can determine from memory of my experience at the store.

I bought aids from costco and was very satisfied. My reasons were 3. 1. Price, and 2.

The services were no different that other places that I had bought from. 3. I have found that Costco has done the research for you to find the best quality regardless of price on ALL products. Yes, you have to buy large quantities, but the value is superior.

If I could find a local shop that could provide the quality, price and service I receive at Costco, I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

VIVA the small business man. Alas, greed makes fools out of all of us.

View more comments
Review #108515 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer108515.