142 MILLION LBS OF BEEF RECALLED-WHAT ABOUT RECALLING 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS & 3 1/2 MILLION?

The biggest News Story this past week was the expose' by an undercover Agent of the Humane Society of the cruelty of doomed Cattle, mostly old Dairy Cows (also known as Mothers of Veal Calfs, and Slunk Calfs) who no longer produce Milk in economic quantity for the local Dairys in the Chino,California area.

Since the demise of the Chicago Stock Yards (1865-1965) the largest meat packing and slaughter-house concentration in the World, Slaughter Houses were established where the beef is.

Just like Willie Sutton robbed the banks because that were the money was.

Smaller Slaughter Houses are now spread throughout the United States, and especially in rural areas, which are hard to reach,patrol,and regulate,by the Food and Drug Enforcement Agents.

You can imagine how difficult it is for ICE.

There is always a tendency not to waste anything of value, especially if you are in Business with intent to make a profit.

This holds true even if you are selling peaches and apples, retail.

You can imagine the pressure on not wanting to was 1,000 pounds of beef, even if it is still on the hoof.

I guess the Mexican Mentality is, since you are going to kill the animals anyway, what difference does it make how you treat them.

After all, Mexico has the largest concentration of Slaughter Houses and Packing Plants for American Horses of all types.

Former riding Horse, Pets, Work Horses, and Race Horses.

Americans don't eat Horse Meat but Europeans do. Especially the French.Of course they eat anything.

When a Cow can't stand on its own, for whatever reason, in the Industry, they are known as "Downer" Cattle.

Kind of simple, but effective.

I don't know the Spanish Word for Downer, but there must be, otherwise how do those, that now dominate the Slaughter House Industry, except of course for ownership and management, function.

I will have to ask the Guys at the carwash, my bus-boys, or my Gardner, no not him, I'm one of a small minority of home owners that still employs an American Citizen who happens to be Japanese, orignally from Japan, but has raised his hand and taken the loyalty oath,and does speak English.

The Spy from the Humane Society, having more than one miniture camera, hidden in a pocket in his shirt, secured a job at a local slaughter house.

I can't imagine the Management of the Slaughter House not being suspicious of a White Guy applying for a job at a Slaughter House.

He must have really fit the part. Maybe they thought he was an ex-convict or fugitive, although he had to be one of the few Employees with a legitimate Social Security Number.

When his film coverage was released to the media by the Humane Society, the Agent went into hiding, and at least 2 Mexicans were arrested for inhumane treatment of animals, before they are slaughtered.

A similar law on the books that keeps Prison Guards from abusing Convicts, even though on Death Row for 30 years.

The films show the Mexicans using Fork Lifts and Chains on the "Downer Cows" but it doesn't show how they got them onto the "Kill Floor".

It was amazing to me how quickly and effectively, the Government could effect the recall of 142 Million Pounds of Beef from Retailers and School Districts, but how ineffectively they are in recalling 15 to 20 Millions Illegal Immigrants.

Although I am sure, the Illegal Immigrants total body weights exceed 142 million pounds, judging from at least those I have seen, especially the women.

The real story, at least for me, is that the pay rate for at least that Slaughter House, is the minimum wage allowed and in fact demanded and enforced, in the State of California.

Although its kind of a Catch 22 situation, do you have to pay the legal minimum wage to an Illegal Immigrant, whom you are not supposed to employ?

Who else but an Illegal, would work at a Slaughter House for $8.00 per hour and no benefits. Not even a Company Burro.

At 40 hours, thats a gross pay of $320 per week, unless they work overtime. The Employer has to withhold the Social Security contribution, even though the Employee, making less than the Poverty Rate income, gets up to $4,750 back in cash if he claims Earned Income Tax Credit.

With the close to $5,000 Cash Bonus, supplied by American Taxpayers, who at least share in the finished beef products, the Mexican comes close to making about $20,000 per year.

About 10 times what he could earn in Mexico or Guatamala.

That year-end Cash Bonus from Earned Income Tax Credit, is kind of like the year-end Bonus a lot of Americans are awarded, although its paid by their Employer, not their Neighbors and Friends or Family.

It should be obvious to everyone, that the reason such wages are paid to Slaughter House Employees is because there is no demand, thus no profit, in beef products.

And I thought that even Dog Food was expensive.

This must be one of those situations described by Politicians when they claim that Mexicans are only performing work and filling jobs that Americans won't do.

I wonder if the $8.00 per hour wage, with no benefits, has anything to do with it.

Why would a Mexican work at a Car Wash, Cut Grass. Pound Boards, Lay Roofs, Hang Drywall,or Bus Dishes, if they could work in a Slaughter House for $8.00 per hour?

Compare $14.00 per hour with benefits, even for part-time, as a Teller in an Air-Conditioned Bank of America. And even more money if you can also speak Spanish in addition to English.

The real scandal is the $8.00 per hour wage in producing up to $30 per pound Prime Beef.

What I don't understand, is why all the Cows in America aren't shipped along with the Horses, to the Slaughter Houses in Mexico?

The Minimum wage there is, as I have been told, is $8.00 per day.

They could ship the finished Beef Products either Frozen or in Refrigerated Railroad Cars to America, providing additonal avenues, for more Illegal Immigrants to travel in addition to the beef.

But the good news is that maybe the Illegals wouldn't come if they could find a job in Mexico.

But would they really want to stay there, with dirt floors and no toliets, when they could make $100 a day cash, with no income taxes, in the United States?

I don't think so.

Alsip Magistrate

suzysmom
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #13826

Why would illegals go back to their country when we give them everything for free!

Review #112012 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer112012.

Other Company in Reston, Virginia - Poor customer service poor quality merchandise

I bought two dune buggy go karts a 150, 250 as Christmas present my children got less then three hour of use the 250 had a cracked motor casing and all the bolt were loose and falling of the 150 needs a new transmission and never worked right from the get go. They have been in the shop for 2 month no parts were ever order their authorized repair facility blames them they blame their own repair site needless to say it has been over 2 month and these go carts that cost 5000.00 have not been fixed and I can get no help from either and they won't stand behind their product or thier authorized repair site

Read
Review #111998 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111998.

Other Company in Randolph, New Jersey - Printer

as far as I know a bundle comes altogether not nine months apart. customer service is no help because they alre all trained to say the same thing.

1 says 7-10 day product has nor arrived next one say 4-6 weeks still nothing,there is no supervisor to speak to who ever heard of that. faxed Frank Gatesnothing. It dosen't take 3 monts to deliver a simple printer from Maryland to New Jersey 6 weeks.

give me a brake. Something seems very fishy here.It was supposed to be shipped 2/4/08 all I get when I call is 4-6/weeks

Read
Review #111965 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111965.

Other Company in Manila, Manila - Meal allowance alloted to support employees not consuming more than 8 hours worked period

I have observed that some support employees were availing the said meal allowance even not consuming an eight hours working period. We in the operations, gave a meal allowance only to the technicians that worked more than 8 hours a day or for their overtime period.

With this, can we request then too to avail this said meal allowance to some support employees in operation because as we know,being in the operation is not an easy task, together with the technicians to allowed them to have meals even not consuming an 8 hours working period for we know that they are the manpower of the company which they worked physically and mentally to their repairs and troubleshooting.

We know that if we let ourself be put in their duty of work,we can't do it right and proper.The purpose of this request is to be fair to all especially to the manpower of the operation and through this,employees will think and indulge to their selves that all were equal when it comes to the benefits given by the company

sevenmates
Review #111885 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Toledo, Ohio - VERY ANGRY

I would like to lodge a formal complaint your company keeps calling my home where i have my business fax number and when i tell them that the person they want NO LONGER LIVES HERE i am told that they will continue to call, until they reach the person they are calling for. Now excuse me but that is harassment and I WILL file a police report if i have to i want these calls to stop.I am begging you PLEASE STOP CALLING HERE

Mark L. Cole

4115 Peak Ave.

Toledo,Ohio 43612

419-478-7061-Home

Fax 419-478-6867

Read
Review #111870 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111870.

Other Company in San Pedro, California - They took my money twice!

I am very upset and puzzled. On 1/23 and 1/25 I've been charged from my debit card 19.95 both days.

Twice in a week. I would like an apology. I would like a refund. I live on limited means and every dollar I have counts.

I need, want and demand my money back.

I keep all of my receipts so I know I did not make any purchases on those days in question. I keep track of my bank account. I don't spend without knowing my balance. My bank is great to me.

I will see that they stop allowing you to take my money ever again.

But first I demand a refund for both of those incidences!

Read
Review #111837 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111837.

Other Company in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Viaprin problems

ordered viaprin for free 10 day trial, at the end of 7 days my new order was sent to me, I called to cancel at day 10 and was told new shipment was already sent. They count weekends even though they are not open to cancel order .

They said they never received my return product. my credit card was charged and I am disputing the charge. They told me the post office is not reliable so maybe my return was lost. Althought ey had no problem getting me my sample and new shipmentIn general not a good company to deal with.

Buyer beware.

Read
Review #111801 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111801.

Other Company in Eau Claire, Wisconsin - What is going on?????

I was charged $7.95 for something I have no idea of. I have tried to call, but it keeps telling me I have dialed a wrong number. Please advise of a correct phone number so I have a person to ask these questions to and maybe get some results and answers. My name is Ron Martin and the post date of this transaction is 02/01 and Trans date is 01/30 and the referance number is 4958. The 800 986 2640 phone number does not work.

Charging monies for something that is not asked for is poor business.

Thank you.

Ron Martin

martinrw
Review #111797 is a subjective opinion of poster.

HEARING AIDS-A FASHION STATEMENT? DECEPTIVE-PRETEND-COSTCO-SEARS/MIRACLE EAR WALMART BELTONE PHONAK

A retired Medical Doctor, born in 1923, returned to my office today, for an adjustment of his REXTON Hearing Aids.

I enjoy the pleasure of his company and his conversation.

Today, for the first time, I learned that he has a very long family history, associated with the Mormon Religion. He told me that his Grandfather left England to immigrate specifically to Salt Lake City,Utah.

He was assigned to a small town in northern Utah to do missionary work and develop the membership.

Which he did.

My Client, the retired Physician, is no longer a practicing Mormon. I didn't ask,and he didn't tell.

He is always looking for a better performing hearing aid, as are almost all those that use them.

Manufacturers and Providers, count on that obsession of the hearing-impaired, to want to hear better.

During our conversation, and consultation, I again reminded the Doctor, that there is only so much a hearing aid, any hearing aid, can do, to improve the ability to understand speech correctly.

He told me that his Wife tells him that there are times when he doesn't seem to understand her messages and converstions.

I told him, that if there is ever a time or a situation, when he does understand her spoken word correctly, what should that tell him?

What it should tell him, is that either her diction, or articulation, at that moment was not the same as usual, perhaps she was facing away from him, or even speaking to him from another room, or that perhaps she wasn't enunciating her words, or that she was speaking at a softer level than normal.

The other influencing factor could have been the noise level of the environment.

If they were at home, perhaps the television was turned on, music was being played, or the dishwasher,clothes washer or dryer, were being used, and everything aforementioned was interfering with the speech signals from his Wife.

Whatever is the loudest is what he will be hearing.

To me its kind of simple.

If the Hearing Aid is functioning the same, and the hearing system of the User hasn't changed, and it doesn't from moment to moment, etc, then it should be very obvious to anyone that thinks about it, that it either has to be the SPEAKER, OR THE ENVIRONMENT OR SITUATION.

There are features available in Programmable Analog or Programmable Digital Hearing Aids, intended to affect loud noises and interfering signals, but their effect usually results in making the Hearing Aid MORE TOLERABLE TO USE IN NOISY ENVIRONMENTS, NOT MORE EFFECTION IN UNDERSTANDING THE SPOKEN WORD CORRECTLY.

Sometimes the PROVIDER say whatever they have to, to make the sale of NEW HEARING AIDS and usually the BUYER AND USER of the HEARING AIDS is receptive to what the SELLER SAYS.

ITS ALMOST LIKE THEY WANT TO BELIEVE THE PROVIDER AND THE MANUFACTURER OF NEW HEARING AIDS.

What everyone, or at least the USER OR PROSPECT has to remember, is thats what the SELLERS OF HEARING AIDS DO, REGARDLESS OF THEIR TITLE OR IMAGE, PERIOD.

Anyone using a Computer, with any experience at all, can make changes in the output characteristics of a PROGRAMMABLE ANALOG OR PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL HEARING AID, that will make it sound different to the USER.

JUST BECAUSE IT SOUNDS DIFFERENT, DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL PERFORM ITS FUNCTIONS ANY MORE EFFECTIVELY.

The Medical Doctor and I discussed my observation and opinion of the function of the Tympanic Membrane,or Eardrum.

I don't think it's primary function is to transmit sound as it is though of, but rather as a shock absorber or dampner, so the Inner Ear isn't damaged.

It makes hearing easier, and probably more effective, but its what is inside the Inner Ear (Cochlea) the liquids, and the nerve cells (fibers) and the condition of the Auditory Nerve and the Receptors and Functions of the Brain.

Hearing Aids cannot compensate for other exisitng Medical Condtions.

Nor can they overcome poor speaking habits or a bad listening environment.

Regardless of all of the aformentioned,or above, the USERS OF HEARING AIDS are always looking for sdomething better, and you can be assured the Manufacturers and Providers will be there to take your money and try to fulfill your dreams and desires.

In an attempt to deceive the Public in thinking that a Hearing Aid is Not a Hearing Aid, the Manufacturers are making them smaller and more attractive.

They are attempting to make them look like BlueTooth Devices. Anything but a Hearing Aid.

What MOST USERS DON'T KNOW, OR WON'T BELIEVE, SINCE THEY DO, THAT NO ONE REALLY CARES WHETHER SOMEONE HAS TO USE A HEARING AID TO UNDERSTAND THE SPOKEN WORD CORRECTLY.

As long as USERS have that GUILT MENTALITY, THEY WILL BE EXPLOITED.

A Hearing Aid, any Hearing Aid, is a Device. A Commodity.

Its the PROVIDER AND THEIR POLICIES, THEIR INTEGRITY, THEIR EXPERIENCE, THEIR DEDICATION, AND THEIR SERVICES, THAT IS MOST IMPORTANT.

PLEASE DON'T HAVE FALSE EXPECTATION, UNREALISTICE EXPECTATIONS, HAVE PATIENCE, AND SEEK THE MOST QUALIFIED AND ATTENTIVE SERVICE AND CONSULING YOU CAN.

BUYER BEWARE

Alsip Magistrate

Read

You are right, I agree with you. If the Hearing Aid is functioning the same, and the hearing system of the User hasn\'t changed, and it doesn\'t from moment to moment, etc, then it should be very obvious to anyone that thinks about it, that it either has to be the SPEAKER, OR THE ENVIRONMENT OR SITUATION.hearing aids

hearing aids

It’s very good post! Congratulations!

I really enjoyed to reading your blog.

Everyone in the Medical and Hearing Aid Industry knows and agrees, that the Ear Drum is not necessary to hearing.Hearing Aids cannot compensate for other exisitng Medical Condtions.Thanks for share all this information. I’m looking forward your next post

hearing clinics

Thanks for adding your valuable information here. Really nice of you. Keep in touch and have a nice day ahead.

Hearing aid accessories

This blog Is very informative , I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog

Hearing Aids

i like ur article and it really gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web

Hearing Aid

Beziers, Languedoc-Roussillon, France #21316

Not bad, except the eardrum is imprtant in hearing. The eardrum has approximatly 40 times the area of the footplate of the stapes and provides a mechanicnal advantage of something like 4X. It may not be imerative to hearing but if you like a minimum 20 dB loss in the mids and a 50 dB loss in the lows you can get by without it.

View more comments
Review #111751 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111751.

Other Company in Albany, New York - Poor Quality

I purchased a dining room table & chairs. I wanted a quality piece that would last, but instead got cheap knock off.

It looks nice, but is all made from a lower grade pine. My 14 month son was learning to walk, stubled, and knocked over one of the chairs. It fell on carpeted floors and complete cracked, I had only had it in my home for 2 months. I had to fight with the company to get a replacement.

After one full year I already had a second chair competely brake.

I could have bought the same quality from Walmart at a fraction of the price. It looks nice, but it's not.

Read
Review #111520 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer111520.