Credit card scams

People beware!!! Ther's a new scam going around...I've had calls for the last 6 months about "my " credit card wanting to lower my interest rate. They never say what card they're calling from & this is my last call about this matter. It was my last call 50 calls ago. Typically I don't answer the call...last week I did. Her'e's how the conversation went....

them--Are you responding the drop in your interest rate?

me--Yes

them--OK sir (I'm a female & don't sound like a man) I need to ttransfer you to the correct department--I get put on hold. After a couple of seconds the same person comes back on the phone & informs me that I now have the correct department(ok how *** do you think I am?? It's the same voice)

me--Hang on a second I have another call coming in that I have to take--I switch over & switch right back---I then ask is there a #I can call you back at? I have to take.

them--no----click & they hang up.

So I still had the # on my caller ID(gotta love it) & I called back only to get a recording that the # I was trying to reach could not be dialed from my #.

SO----scam or no scam? I'm going w/scam---they're just trying to get info from us to charge *** on our cards. Please would any of argue if the credit card companies wanted to reduce our interest rates? No---you wanna reduce my rate just do it---no permission needed.

I just hope no one has actually fallen for this ***

South Nyack, New York, United States #51922

yes it s a scam - the sole purpose is to steal your account information/identity

I have also received calls. Usually starts with a recorded message stating they have been trying to reach me, and limited time offer. I pushed one to be transferred to an agent and asked which credit card company they were looking to reduce my rates on - and the answer was ANY credit card you want - I KNEW IMMEDIATELY IT WAS A SCAM.

Only the cc companies you already do business with can reduce your interest rates.

My husband also got a call one time and the caller got angry with him when he refused to give him our account numbers.

NO credit card company you do business with will ask for your account number - they already have it and do not need to get it from you.

Another excellent reason to BAN TELEMARKETING IN A FORMS.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE CALL IS LEGITIMATE

mom91mom94
Chillicothe, Illinois
Review #137495 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Portland, Texas - Cant get back my refund

i cant get back my refund that i am due, when they want their money you better get it to them or they report you to the credit bureau, but let them owe you money back for a returned item and they just cant seem to get it to you. they need to get their stuff together and pay what is owed to people when they return the items.

they will charge you more than they should when they are shipping it too you and then you have to pay even more to ship it back. i am really disappointed in the way they handle the returns.

i was a customer of theirs for over 20 yrs. but no more!!!!

Portland, Texas
Review #137470 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer137470.

NOT INFORMED ABOUT ANY AGREEMENT

IM VERY DISAPPOINTED about ALL THE CANCELLATION FEE CHARGES FROM YOU COMPANY AFTER ALL I WENT TROUGH WHEN THEY FIRST SET UP SERVICE IM GOING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW AWFUL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PEOPLE THAT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY ARE NOT DETAIL COMMUNICATIVE SPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO ADDITIONAL FEES IF IT HAPPENS TO HAVE A CANCELLATION FOR DIFFERENT REASONS.IM VERY UPSET WITH ALL OF YOU WHOM I BECAME IN CONTACT WITH. SINCERELY CONSUELO STAFFORD. I SPOKE WITH DAVID ON 12/11/08 DAVID TOLD ME THAT HE WAS WORKING OUT OF UTHA, WHEN I FIRST ORDER THE SERVICE NOT ONES HE MENTION ANY CANCELLATION FEE IF FOR ANY REASON WILL WOULD CANCEL SERVICE NOR THAT THE PERSON THAT MY HUSBAND SPOKE WITH ON 01/02/09 TO CANCEL SERVICE HES NAME WAS DENNIS

Read

Read all contracts and rules before signing up for stuff. Jeez, is that too hard to do?!

Review #137448 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer137448.

THESE BASTARDS HOLD THE DEED TO MY HOME

When I fell behind in my mortgage, the banks idea of helping me was to increase my payment from $764 to $1319. Needless to say within a few months all of my utilities were being shut off and we were not able to pay for necessities.

I filed for bankruptcy to protect my home from foreclosure, now they are taking me to court to stay the foreclosure and take my home. All I want is a payment that is fair and affordable.

They will take all the money the government gives them and "laugh all the way to the bank". I hope they choke on their expensive seafood platters at their expensive retreats while their customers (and now all taxpayers) lose their homes, jobs and any hope of a brighter future.

Read

I'm sorry to hear this....I truly hope things work out for you.

Have you tried contacting the media? Maybe a small nudge of public outrage might push things in the right direction for you.

On the other hand, it also may backfire horribly...whatever you choose, I wish you the best of luck.

Review #137440 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer137440.

Didn't approve a check as you didn't like it's looks.

I went to write a check that was refused with more than ample funds and when I called this flakey outfit, it boiled down to the fact they didn't like my check, nothing in detail, they just didn't like it. I called my bank and they can't believe it either.

This is defamation of character towards myself as there was no reason for this treatment of myself. It was embarrassing and humiliating and they shouldn't be allowed to be the check nazi's.

They should have to justify these bad actions and be responsible when they don't know what they are talking about.

They need to be put out of business.

Simpson, England, United Kingdom #51849

There are NO laws anywhere in any state that says a business has to take a check from anybody for any purchase.

That is why DEBIT cards are used so much today and if you have a checking account you probably have a debit card as well, if not get one

You throw around the term defamination of character like you actually know what you are talking about. You need to read what that term means

They do not have to justify anything to you or anybody else, If they elect not to take a check, that is their business.

Review #137413 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer137413.

Other Company in Denton, Texas - They are very rude

after telling them at least three times,not to call me at work,with my boss and co-workers as witnesses they called again.i ask for a supervisor the lady named pat was extremly rude,and told me if i would pay my debt,they wouldnt have to call me at work.the debt is not mine i tried to explain to them.but they only want to be rude.so when the supervisor named mike miller,got on the phone he ask for an alternative no.i said not till i get your address to send a certified letter he hung up.

rondc
Review #137397 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - Internet now a days

The Internet now a days offer several opportunities to build your own website. Many assume it is very difficult even to attempt, but with the entire details available to build your personal website, on its appearance, how you want it to, it can be very easy. Your company can prosper and your thoughts can be expressed vibrantly for the whole world to see.

If you choose to build your own website, you should focus on creating one that is user friendly and easy to navigate. Using an appropriate color and design scheme will draw users to your site and keep them interested. You can solicit opinions from your friends or relatives for possible color schemes, or you can investigate the proper use of colors from a professional, graphic design perspective. Whichever path you choose, make sure your color choices to not distract visitors from the real purpose of your site.

When you finally decide that now is the time to build your own website, you must then find a domain that offers the amount of space that you require. If you plan on marketing products for sale, you will also need features that are suitable for this need, such as a good shopping cart, among other things for nominal cost.

ravipally
Review #137385 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Washington, District Of Columbia - I am not interested in anything that is offered at this time.

i am not insterested in any coupons or discounts that you have to offer at this time. please cancel my easy saver.

I live on a fixed imcome and i am a single mother of three. Therefore i cannot afford the extra $19.95 a month. I want to thank you for your offer at this time. I am sure that as a member that the valuable tools and information you offered would have been very helpful to me and my family.

We do not eat out much or take many trips so i do not see that helping us anytime soon.

maiella
Review #137352 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Concord, California - Kevin trudeau

Kevin is a huge SNAKE OIL SALESMAN google his name and check out wikpedia, he spends so much time in court how does he have time to write his *** books, oh thats right he just makes stuff up. His latest book DEBT CURES what a crock most of the stuff in it can be found online plus he says it is not your fault you are in debt, *** 80 grand in debt is someones fault, his get out of paying debt line ya if it can not be validated or is past statute of limitations, at least you can turn off volume and check out the playmates he is using now.

would be nice if tv programmers would just not air him. he's a scammer praying on the poor and ignorant.

Read
Review #137316 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer137316.

Other Company in Davenport, Iowa - I have tried to reactivate my phone and no results. Do I get additional time or a refund?

I get no response by calling or on the internet. Is this a real company? do I get arefund? What's going on???

I am intending to travel starting on Monday and had intended to take my phone. I can't get a response by phone or by internet/ So the phone is of no value.

Does anyone else have this problem?What more should OI say but that I am very upset with this entire procedure and will rethink my use of this service in the future.

Read
Review #137307 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer137307.