The customers who post here

I am often puzzled by the fact that people who live in the USA get so angry about the fact that other countries think of us as lazy, ***, and self-centered. Just read the posts on this site for awhile and it should become obvious why they feel that way.

There are literally dozens upon dozens of people here who make it apparent that they cannot speak English properly--or spell it, for that matter--in spite of the fact that it is their primary language. Frequently, it is the only language they know, and they still can't put together a legible sentence to save their lives. They refuse to properly capitalize, punctuate, or learn the uses of "they're/their", "hear/here", "you're/your", and the like. Half the time, it seems, the only words some people have any knowledge of how to use at all are curse words, and they can't spell those either.

If some of the people posting here communicate by mouth the same way they communicate using their keyboards, it's a wonder they're able to function around other people at all, because I can't imagine that anyone would be able to understand a thing they say. You really shouldn't manage to get past grade school until you are able to make yourself understood on some basic level. Not FORCE OTHER PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND YOU THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE UNDERSTOOD, but communicate in such a way that the other person can comprehend the message you are attempting to convey. It really does make us seem lazy and self-centered that so many of us can't be bothered to even learn to speak and write our own language properly.

Quite frankly, I find a lot of my so-called "fellow Americans" to be a huge embarrassment in this respect. Remember: "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Smash the moronocracy!

Read

Most of the time I don't understand the people I'm talking to, because they "DO NOT SPEAK GOOD AMERICAN LANGUAGE" An this is not good business, when you have big company's like this one. It's a shame!!! :sigh
I can understand and agree what you are saying about the grammar use on here etc. I am not the best at it as well.

But the one thing you have to remember is people that post their "I'm pissed" letter on here are doing it while they are mad or they start getting mad as they are writing it because they are thinking about it. When that happens your not thinking about your grammar. The next thing we have to remember is. This site is where someone will listen and someone can relate.

Most likely they didn't just come here to vent. I am sure they complaint to the store or to the person that they were upset about. Just today's society no one cares and it goes into one ear through the other so nothing changes. But posting it here and others read it and they could relate because they might have acted the same way as the person that caused the complaint in the first place, can change their ways knowing what pain in the butt they were in the first place.

:) Ok so that is far fetched, but I remain positive. :zzz

Why would I want to keep silent when I can have scintillating online conversations with upbeat, fascinating individuals like you?

renneyk

Good idea! Why don't YOU keep silent? "Not FORCE OTHER PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND YOU THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE UNDERSTOOD, but communicate in such a way that the other person can comprehend the message you are attempting to convey" is not a complete sentence.

View more comments
prslaughter
Review #139589 is a subjective opinion of poster.

HEARING AIDS

hearing aids are expensive because dispensers do not make money except when they sell it. We should pay them for their testing, we should get the results and buy the units wherever we want.

The warrantees are made so the unit is at the end of its life cycle at the end of the warrantee. So another unit has to be purchased. They are like Detroit cars. Expensive repairs will happen when the warrantee runs out.

Then you have to buy a new one. I am on my 4th hearing aid unit and shopping for a new one.

All dispensers sing the same tune, do the same tests and hope you buy the unit they are "pushing". I think hearing aid companies provide offices or part of it to dispensers.

Albany, Georgia, United States #970019

Some hearing aids are better than others just like Chevrolet, Dodge, BMW, and Yugo. Some will hold up for years if taken care of like Phonak and Oticon, while others may only last 2-years.

The person you get to help you select, fit, and service your hearing aids is the most important element. Find a crummy dispenser and you get crummy service, find a dispenser that cares and looks after you and you will do well. A good dispenser may cost a little more up front but can be well worth it in the long run. (This does not mean a crummy dispenser will not try to charge you a small fortune, but go with a friend or family member when you go or buyer beware.) As far as shopping on the internet, shop but don't buy.

Do you really want to buy a pacemaker on the internet and cut out the middle man (doctor.) Have a doctor who will pick what is right and insert it properly. As a final note I like to use the analogy of driving from Albany to Atlanta. I can use transportation that costs me $40, $150, or $20,000. A $40 pair of tennis shoes will allow me to make the 250 mile trip as well as the $150 for a bike will allow me to make the trip as well.

If I am going and will go again I might want a car for $20,000. All transportation is not the same and neither is a $20 hearing aid compared to a $2,500 hearing aid. FYI, $5,000 set of aids= $1,500 for dispensers time testing, fitting, follow-up, experience + $100 per hearing aid per year for service + cost of hearing aids which in this case would be $2,500.

This is based on a use of 5-years. The hearing aids do include a profit margin based on each dispensers cost of goods and office model.

GHI

General Hearing Instruments (www.generalhearing.com) is, in fact, an FDA regulated manufacturer of a wide range of ear-worn hearing health instruments. Nevertheless, General hearing has long recognized that a new delivery model for hearing aids was needed that would facilitate obtaining amplification to those who could not or would not pursue the traditional clinical model. This alternative model would provide quality aids at a significantly lower price and provide a process that was simpler, non-threatening, and more straightforward than the traditional process.

This alternative model would, then, provide a positive hearing aid experience by providing a “stepping stone” hearing instrument for that population (Simplicity & SimplySoft Hearing Aids). Such a hearing aid should be of straightforward design, and easy to use. This is not to say that it is unsophisticated. It should, in fact, have all the prerequisites of an advanced hearing instrument: DSP, feedback and noise management, multi-memory capability and the like.

It is important at this point to describe our concept of a “stepping stone” hearing instrument. Most of those experiencing the beginning stages of hearing loss have little or no experience with amplification. This lack of sophistication relative to hearing aids leaves them either overwhelmed or unreceptive to features such as Bluetooth capability, directional microphones, or telecoils.

However, as they enjoy positive results from amplification, they will outgrow these stepping stone devices either by virtue of increased hearing loss over time or by the understanding of how advanced features would enrich their listening experiences. Since such features require fitting and tuning best provided by the hearing health professional, most of those in this demographic would then progress on into that level of care.

Posted by: General Hearing Instruments, Inc. (www.generalhearing.com)

Seattle, Washington, United States #683168
@GHI

a great company, little known.

thanks, G H

elijah

When people complain about their hearing aids to me [ the ones that were provided for free mind you ]I tell them it is not the aids that are the problem it is your hearing that is the problem. People are searching for the miracle setting from an amplifier which is never going to happen.

Attitude is very important. In Australia the government provided free aids to eligible people.A great system :)

Glad to see this information.its very interesting.I would like to hear more information from your side.

Hearing aid accessories

I has someone in my office last week who bought a hearing aid online. It was broken and in need of more repair than I can do in the office.

I called the manufacturer and gave the serial number to check the warranty status. The aid was a "demo" unit and, therefore, was not meant for resale.

It cannot be sent back to the company for repair. Buyer beware!

In this age of high technology and internet access, you can find almost any piece of information or product available with the click of a button. But not all information obtained is accurate and not all products actually do what they claim and no website will ever replace the personal dialogue that can only be obtained by talking to a live person. This holds true whether you are sick and need to see a doctor, have a toothache and need to see a dentist, or have a hearing loss and need to see an audiologist.

As purchasing items on the internet has become easier, more people are using the internet to research and, ultimately, buy a wide range of products. When one considers that a mid-level digital hearing aid can cost about $2000, buying a $1500 hearing aid online may seem like a pretty good deal. And it would be if a hearing aid was the kind of item that had a universal fit and magically restored your hearing. But that is just not the case.

Many hearing aids are custom fit and most will probably need to be adjusted at least once and will need to be routinely checked by an audiologist on a regular basis to ensure it stays in working order. These services can not be provided efficiently or cost effectively when you are dealing with a website.

What an inexperienced hearing aid user may fail to realize is that it may take more than just one adjustment to get a hearing aid to sound optimal for any given person. Even if the hearing aids are mailed back to the website company for an adjustment, there is no guarantee that they will sound like they should when they are sent back. This could result in one of three things. 1. The patient is spending more time without the hearing aids than with them; 2. They get frustrated and assume it is the hearing aids, not the fitting process, that is the problem and return the hearing aids; 3. Keep the hearing aids but never wear them because they “just never worked right”. In all three of these cases, the patient who was motivated to get help, ends up feeling disgusted and may give up on improving their hearing altogether.

Therefore, it is important that you find a knowledgeable audiologist that you are comfortable with and that you trust because this is most likely going to be the person that guides you through the process of better hearing and, ultimately, a better quality of life. This person is the one you will depend on to monitor your hearing and explain the results, that narrows down the vast array of hearing aid technology available and explains what would help you, He or she will be the one you call when your hearing aid stops working and teaches you how to care for them. In other words, your audiologist is your lifeline to the world of the hearing.

The care an audiologist provides to their patients cannot be duplicated by a hearing aid website. You see, when you buy a hearing aid off of the internet, you are buying a product, but when you purchase a hearing aid through an audiology office, you are investing in, not only the product, but the knowlegde, service and support of a trained and licensed professional.

The internet is a great starting point but, when it comes to your health, should not be your only stop. The next time you are tempted to save a few bucks on something as important as hearing aids, think of Tom and remember that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

The last analog style and brand from

Oticon,Unitron,and Avanti From Beltone???

NEED THIS INFORMATION NOW!!! Thank-You

and GOD-BLESS!! Mark F.

I bought hearing aids from a company called HearSource.com. They do professional adjustments for me via the internet.

I just don't have to go to to the office and I don't have to pay for the office overhead. $995 each.

The cheapest one that I have built:

hearingaid.awardspace.com

Check out www.HearSource.com
I have been wearing their OpenEar hearing aids for 11 months now and I love them. Very natural sounding and comfortable.

I paid $1,990 for the set and they came with adjusting software so I can do the adjustment myself. :)

I looked at the hearingaiddocs.com website and I don't think they are much less expensive than a traditional hearing aid dealer. Personally, I think that is a bad way to go. I want personal support and assistance and not just a set of mail-order hearing aids.

Gibsonburg, Ohio, United States #63313

VERY dangerous to purchase a hearing aid without a professional to fit and adjust the hearing aid

here's a cheap option where they eliminate the middle man and the customer saves about 50%

hearingaiddocs.com

here's a hearing aid company that eliminates the middle man and sells for significantly less

hearingaidocs.com

View more comments
Review #139542 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139542.

Other Company in Wichita Falls, Texas - LAPTOP

I spent almost 600.00 on a laptop that i really wanted, thinking it was nice. When I finally got my laptop in i was happy when I saw it, and then came trying to get it connected to my high speed internet.

When everything failed and I called the company, they told me that their company does not support high speed internet, only dial up services and they said that it was mentioned in the advertisement. Nowhere in the ad does it mention that the company only supports dial-up connection, not high speed internet. I had had my laptop for a week before i finally found this out. I had to take it to a local computer shop and get the network controller installed on the laptop to enable me to get high speed internet.

That cost me an additional 30.00 to have all the software installed and to make matters worse, not all of the proper software was installed on my laptop.

I was basically given a non-working laptop. well it works great now but I guarantee i will not be ordering anything else again from the company,not even the digital camcorder I was looking at to buy from the company.

Read
Review #139434 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139434.

Other Company in Altoona, Pennsylvania - What the ***

What in the *** I never ask for you help and I can not afford to pay what you are asking I am not happy that you have over drawn on my account and I am fighting it you have right to go in and take what is not yours. If I had my way no should messing with anybody money as bad that things are now with the government. All I am asking is you would leave my account the way it was I will not fight you on this but are making it hard not to please thanks you.

sabrina boisvert
Loss
Review #139400 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Other Company in Selma, California - Operation manual

I have never purchased a product that did not have some sort of operational manual. I may be dumber that a brick but in most cases if I have a manual of sorts I can woof my way through.

The online help service is more vague than fog and I found that I might have a better chance at dodge ball than getting a specific answer.

The only reason to not have a manual is to hide culpability for product malfunctions or confusing issues. The "Please explan your problem in detail" is a ruse when the answer is more confusing than the problem.

Read
Review #139340 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139340.

Other Company in Conway, South Carolina - Pissed 14 year customer

I got the same letter, and I have been a customer since 1995 with an interest rate of around 5%, and they want to double it. I told them it was because of the deadbeats that are defaulting on their loans or not paying their payments that good customers like myself than has NEVER defaulted on a payment has to pay for their slack.

I do not feel like a valued customer at all. Looks like the customers that are responsible should get a break than make them pay for the ones who are not and let them get away with it. It is not fair.

Read
Review #139333 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139333.

Other Company in Clarksville, Iowa - We're running 2 hours late not professional

After filling out the papers before we got there they never noticed there was no meds listed and never asked for a list. They were 2 hours behind and two other customers were really angry as they too had been there over 2 hours.

Did not want to reline an 85 years old dentures. She was adamant she did not want new ones. Left us sit for another 50 minutes after e-rays of her bottom teeth. They are so unprofessional.

We had requested a reline conference and they took several e-rays of her own bottom teeth. The top plate was what we needed to have work done on.Waste of time and ex-rays

Clarksville, Iowa
Review #139298 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139298.

Other Company in Houston, Texas - Command $Cents

PEOPLE, YOU NEED TO STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH THE BUSINESSES THAT HIRE THESE INCOMPETENT COMPANIES. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THINGS DONE.

WE ARE IN A NEW BUSINESS ERA, WITH MANY BUSINESSES STRUGGLING AND GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, THE ONLY THING THAT WILL KEEP THEM AFLOAT IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE "101", A NO BRAINIER.

WHO IS REALLY LISTENING TO OUR PROBLEMS AND ISSUES, WE ARE ALL EFFECTED, AND EVENTUALLY THESE INCOMPETENT COMPANIES WILL FALL. I KNOW OF A MAJOR COMPANY THAT IS FOCUSING ON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

THEY ARE SERIOUS, IF THE EMPLOYEE DOESN'T GET IT, THEY ARE GONE. JAMES/SAN ANTONIO.

Read
Review #139268 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139268.

Other Company in Alexandria, Louisiana - So far the constant noise of the jingle playing

I am not one to complain, but I visited the new store in Monroeville, AL on 4/4/09 and it was wonderful. It was quiet and orderly and everyone was very nice.

The store in my town, Thomasville, AL does not carry a lot of things it used to carry. But my first complaint is the constant noise of that diddly that plays on and on and on and on all the time. Something really needs to be done about that. If it was soothing music it would be nice. Please think about that very soon, thanks.

Read
Review #139267 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139267.

Other Company in Washington, District Of Columbia - Preying off of Consumers

This company needs stopping. I was ripped off too, they drafted a debit from my checking account and took $49.95 from my checking.

I immediately went to my bank and had it reversed back to them. The bank credited my account and took off the overdraft charge.

I really hope they get caught, this is ridiculous, just think if they do this to people that don't really pay attention to their checking accounts, they have made a lot of money from the consumers that really don't have the money to give them.

I hate people that do this to people that are just barely making it now. How dare they try and take advantage of us like this. It's immoral and unethical.

Read
Review #139213 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer139213.