HornyMatches is a scam

Issue not resolved
May 07, 2008
review #120180

I join as a basic member, quickly I get 2 contacts from a woman who lives nearby. Since the only way to contact her is by upgrading, I do. I write to her several times and get "vague" answers to my questions until she stops writing back completely. BTW I posted a very good picture of myself and was actually complimented on it by her. So I know it's not because I look like a troll.

Next, I start contacting other "members" in nearby areas with tastes similar to mine and again no or minimal responses.

Then I start looking at a section called "who's looking at me". The only people checking out my profile are from thousands of miles away. WTF!

To check a theory that the women are fake, I joined several other sex/dating sites as a basic non-paying member. The similarities were unbelievable. Short cryptic messages from potential mates who apparantly didn't read my profile or the complimentary emails i sent because none of them responded to my email address which i deliberately included. The emails were almost identical from every site.

BEWARE of HornyMatches, they suck you in with an auto rebill every month and they deliver NOTHING. Many of the pictures on the profile have been lifted from *** sites, some still with the logos on them. You'd be better off putting an ad in your local newspaper.

b022d6a
Had an experience with Other Company?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Bubblewrap

Oct 18, 2013 Florence, Mississippi

Got one better for ya; I joined the site and didn't put up a photo or write anything about myself but I started getting messages about how good I looked and how much we had in common...LMAO :?

annonymous

Apr 17, 2012

I have noticed both on *** matches and date hook up some shady *** going on and never once put my money into it thankfully! But certain things I picked up on to look for are - your incapable of sending messages to other members unless you upgrade yet if you look at the messages you recieve the females arent even upgraded (instant give away) - I managed to sneak my email address on to my title page blatant enough atleast an 18 year old could figure it out if they were that interested and havent recieved a single email from nodda one of these *** messaging me up and down day after day - I actually got a member to send me a message including her email address and im waiting to hear back on that one its only been today though- And realistically guys anyone thats going to put thier *** and *** out for the entire world to see just by signing up for free isnt a real person they were paid a decent amount of money for the rights to their pictures and its an automated machine sending you messages and winks - (another dead giveaway) you absolutely cannot contact a living being through customer service whatsoever!! I spent 5 minutes just cussing at an automated customer service representative to test this theory and it said anymore cursing she was going to end the chat so I kept on going and sure enough it kept talking - I do believe that some people on these sites are real but only the extremely desperate and extremely fat and ugly ( you can tell the difference if you look hard enough... Show more

M

Feb 27, 2012

It is not all a scam. I meet someone on that site. She was not hot I still bang. I must of sent out like 80 emails though. But you should be able to tell who is real and.who is not by thier pic.

Pj

Sep 01, 2011

:( Darn it, what an ***!!! It is indeed a classic scam. I should have known but no! they took my money god *** it!!!!!!!! I had all of the experiences above

they got me!!!*%85 Shit!

May 21, 2011

:cry....well me,I don't need a site like this to get laid,but still got sucked into it.because I was going thru a lonley stage

Dave UK

Feb 21, 2011

*** matches is 100% a scam. Do not send them money ever. I can only think that 'tunafish' works for the scam outfit. I posted a profile yesterday and today was contacted by a 20 year old with a well sexy pic who wanted to *** with me and I am 60! She was suppose to be a gold member who can receive messages from anyone including me who is not (or ever will be) a paid member. When I tried to reply I was asked to pay $30 or so which no doubt would recur every month and would be very difficult to cancel. Anyway, I did a track and trace on the email hornymatches sent me. Their current email IP address is 127.0.0.1 and guess what - their Internet Service Provider is based in NIGERIA West Africa. Need I say more??? (Except for the fact that I should get out more!)

tunafish

Dec 08, 2010

The site isn't a scam. I banged some chick I met on there earlier today.
Work out your wimpy little bodies and put some ab pics up there. That will attract some women.

also a scam victim

Aug 07, 2010

first two days of non paying got all type of messages, when I upgraded then nothing. I am a police officer and will do my best to expose this rip off!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

ND Red

Aug 01, 2010

Ditto to all said, locals that haven't been local for yrs.& are on the other side of the country or world etc. Turned autopay off after 1st upgrade & never heard anther thing from'em again. Noticed part of 1st message reply address was /test/, security blocked site on the following scan. Scammers should be treated to frozen rope teamed up with barbed wire!!!

Dick Jones

Jul 26, 2010

Indeed this site is such a scam. The moment I signed up (with no picture) and really no details about who I am, I got a message from this one local "chick" about how she's been looking for me and wants to meet up.

Then another instance I was sending winks to this one chick, and she kept winking back, but it seems like every time I try to contact her, I get NOTHING (not even a wink) back, and this has happened many times with other chicks.

The site is horseshit! It's probably just a combination of bots + site owners taking us poor *** people for all we're worth!!! :(

sucker

Feb 17, 2010

agree with all comments. i have had similiar exp. with site. i am the sucker! but, man what's up with these women or should i say pseude-pros (u can add titutes). economy is certainly worst then i thought. one last thing i noticed a female investment banker with standard membership (now that's targeting). what's up with all men offering wives! :) :) :cry :( :?

sucker

Feb 17, 2010

Dj

Jan 11, 2010

So many people all over the world have been scammed by this site (including myself unfortunately). My question is why can't anything be done to stop it! Its been operating like this for years... hundreds of complaints/comments/reports all over the internet which is great to warn people but it has to stop. What can we all do TODAY to put this to an end?

fatso

Dec 28, 2009 Erode, Tamil Nadu

The site is 100 per cent scam. No question about it. I made the mistake of upgrading. Sent out e-mail to women. I woulD occasionally get a "new message alert" and click on it. and it would disappear. One woman I was interested in contacted me. her photo was posted one day, then the next it would be gone. I love to see thE site shut down and a class action lawsuit filed against them. Probably would be hard to recover any money though. absoulte ***!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

0 0 Reply
One very pist off member

Nov 15, 2009

I have to agree with you all as I have been a member for quite some time and I have met a couple but I would like to say that there are far too many on this site that are not real people.Another thing also is that the ones I have contacted and have actually met up with a good people that are genuine but unfortunately there are not too mnay that are and is it not funny that everytime you log on there are so many that the site states are onlne when in actual fact they are not so in conclusion its time a higher authority does something about this site as it has been running like this for a very long time.

dave

Sep 20, 2009

:( THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!! :(
I joined as a non-paying member within minutes started getting messages from girls who wanted to chat, something you can only if you pay. So upgraded and paid and messages immediately stopped and the ones who contacted me dissapeared.
After my sub ran out I rejoined as non-payer, floode with messages again! Got the identical message(including spelling and grammar mistakes!) from 2 "different" women within 5 minutes of each other. This time when I didn't upgrade the messages just kept coming.
What a rip off!!!!!

jason

Sep 19, 2009

I agree it is rediculous how they take advantage of you and lead you on! you send endless amounts of winks, and messages to women who will not respond. and If for some strange reason they do respond they will say oh you are sexy, and we should get together, and give you another link to another *** dateing site so they can get money!! I learned the hard way by paying. so if anyone reads this PLEASE dont even bother!!!!!

firedog

Aug 31, 2008

I agree with everyone this is a Scam. Will be turning them in.

Bob

Aug 25, 2008

I just read that little paragraph written by Weirdo Joe. Hey if you look good enough you get all the pootang you need from this site and others. Try showering and putting on some Axe Body wash and see how that goes?

Pissed Hornymatches.com Custom

Aug 23, 2008

Hornymatches is definitely a scam. I upgraded to a gold member 11.08.08, then just 11 days later on the 22.08.08, my account was mysteriously deleted!

I only contacted 6 people politely, got a response, made a discreet contact, and that was it. Suddenly my Account was gone.

The FTC should sort these guys out, they are just ripping consumers off!!

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.